PDA

View Full Version : MAC CLASS INFO

Airgator0470
November 13th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Please arrive at/by 0730 for class... please be on time so we get maximum training.

Check and double check your gear, rifle, optics, mounts, ammo, etc.

Bring food, drink, and field chair. With the exception of using the restroom, please remember the hunt camp will be off limits.

If something happens and you will be late, please be courteous and give me a call.

I will be up mid-day Monday to start getting things ready, final mowing, target stand building/repair, etc. If you need to zero or knock the dust off like I do, you're welcome to come hang out Monday and/or Tuesday.

It's been a long wait...

Tack Driver
November 13th, 2015, 04:17 PM
I can camp out Tuesday and Wednesday night?

Airgator0470
November 13th, 2015, 09:01 PM
I can camp out Tuesday and Wednesday night?

That will be fine...

Gatorvet
November 15th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Can you refresh my memory:
-Day 1 pistol, day 2 rifle. Should we bring both platforms both days or is it pistol only and the next day rifle only...
i can't help but think he might like transition drills...

-500 rounds min or max for each weapon?

- Any ideas how late in the day it will last? Any lowlight stuff?

- is it customary to tip instructors?

AB
November 15th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Bring all your stuff all the time.

Dale Gribble
November 16th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Bring all your stuff all the time.

And bring spares. Shit breaks when training hard.

simmoag
November 16th, 2015, 10:59 AM
How much ammo is everyone bringing?

Tack Driver
November 16th, 2015, 11:01 AM
How much ammo is everyone bringing?

All of it.

Dale Gribble
November 16th, 2015, 11:05 AM
For those of us in the Low Speed/High Drag group (Friday and Saturday), I will be driving the Mystery Machine Tactical Bus.

If you want to ride along, the meetup spot is Highway 59 and I-10 at the truck stop at 6:30.

simmoag
November 16th, 2015, 11:48 AM
All of it.

I don't have a big enough trailer for that. I am assuming 1k rds per pistol and rifle?

Tack Driver
November 16th, 2015, 12:34 PM
I don't have a big enough trailer for that. I am assuming 1k rds per pistol and rifle?

According to the syllabus, you'll take some home after, which is what you want.

0utlaw
November 16th, 2015, 12:38 PM
They don't call "Expend any remaining ammunition." at the end your training evolution :dunno:

:gunfire:

Airgator0470
November 16th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Can you refresh my memory:
-Day 1 pistol, day 2 rifle. Should we bring both platforms both days or is it pistol only and the next day rifle only...
i can't help but think he might like transition drills...

-500 rounds min or max for each weapon?

- Any ideas how late in the day it will last? Any lowlight stuff?

- is it customary to tip instructors?

I'd bring EVERYTHING both days.

Class calls for 500 each, I'd bring that +200

Class is from 8am to 5pm, I'm unaware of any low-light stiff... subject to change of course if Mac wants to go there... I'll have a PVS-14 on an AR15 for those who have never shot in the dark to have an opportunity to do so. It gets dark by 6:30 pm I think. I don't mind some night shooting but we won't be out there late.

I've never heard of tipping the instructor but then again I've not been to a lot of "commercial" training sessions either.

You guys can bring me tips...

Airgator0470
November 16th, 2015, 01:29 PM
I'M UP AND THE RANGE IS READY. Anyone wanting to come out today or tomorrow to zero or knock the dust off is welcome.

Gatorvet
November 16th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Tula Ammo... I remember you saying that it's a no go for rifle...how bout the pistol??

Airgator0470
November 16th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Tula Ammo... I remember you saying that it's a no go for rifle...how bout the pistol??

Tula pistol is fine.

Gatorvet
November 16th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Thanks

AB
November 17th, 2015, 09:37 AM
I'M UP AND THE RANGE IS READY. Anyone wanting to come out today or tomorrow to zero or knock the dust off is welcome.

I'll be taking you up on that offer here shortly, although I'm not in the class! I'll text or call before I come over.

Airgator0470
November 17th, 2015, 11:08 AM
I'll be taking you up on that offer here shortly, although I'm not in the class! I'll text or call before I come over.

10-4

Cattle/Horses
November 17th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Gonna be a wet Wednesday P.M. and Thrusday A.M. for y'all.

http://www.wunderground.com/US/FL/Quincy.html?

Tack Driver
November 17th, 2015, 01:31 PM

Tent sleeping in the rain is where it's at!

Tack Driver
November 17th, 2015, 01:35 PM
You know, every time I've attended a class in Aucilla, it's rained. :chinscratch:

To his credit, Bob gives no quarter. Many trainers leave it up to the students to wait it out or train. Like myself, that idea seems lost on Bob.

Cattle/Horses
November 17th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Tent sleeping in the rain is where it's at!

You're staying overnight? Pitch that tent under the tractor shed or somewhere.

Need me to go by ur place and feed the dog and chickens or check on the cat for you?

Tack Driver
November 17th, 2015, 01:39 PM
You're staying overnight? Pitch that tent under the tractor shed or somewhere.

Need me to go by ur place and feed the dog and chickens or check on the cat for you?

LMAO!

Thanks for the offer, but I've been assured that I'll return to at least as many animals as I left.

0utlaw
November 17th, 2015, 02:34 PM
You may find that cat just like you left it.....

Tack Driver
November 17th, 2015, 02:46 PM

I don't get it. :dunno:

Bodo
November 17th, 2015, 02:47 PM

I just nod and smile.

0utlaw
November 17th, 2015, 03:02 PM

Fresh Fu****

Evil_McNasty
November 17th, 2015, 03:29 PM

Mud is the preferred lubrication for the badass machine that is otherwise known as C4

Tack Driver
November 17th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Speaking of C4, NJC is out and the forecast is calling for rain. I'm sure it's totally unrelated.

AB
November 17th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Just got back from Aucilla. Always a pleasure to shoot at Bob's and hang out. Met 30plusretlaw out there and we put a decent amount of brass on the ground with our handguns and Bob squared me away on my rifle. I obviously need to invest in some bags/rests if I'm ever going to get serious about sighting in rifles. I'm trying to talk 30p into ditching his Sig 40 and getting a Glock, but it didn't happen today!

My initial intention was to run out there, shoot for a couple hours, and then head back. Almost seven hours later I roll back into the house. Good times, good times! Met Pat Mac, who stopped by to scope out the range and make his plans. Seems pretty much like you see him on the videos.

Airgator0470
November 17th, 2015, 07:13 PM
You know, every time I've attended a class in Aucilla, it's rained. :chinscratch:

To his credit, Bob gives no quarter. Many trainers leave it up to the students to wait it out or train. Like myself, that idea seems lost on Bob.

Mac is on station... having a large time... we will train in the rain...