PDA

View Full Version : Server Issues - 09-Nov-2015

jonastio
November 9th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Hey All.

I don't know what's going on with the server's spotty performance today. I've got a ticket opened with the hosting provider to get more info.

0utlaw
November 9th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Been a PIA at work but surprisingly easy from my Android....I was thinking work had went all netnanny on me again.

Bodo
November 9th, 2015, 03:44 PM
What did you do Ray?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9WTyDXxIpE

jonastio
November 9th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Looks like it was a hold-over from when the VM was in the NYC data center (before it got moved to Miami). They updated something on their end and forgot about the "older" NYC ip space.

Still, for $15 a month, we're still averaging over 99% uptime per year. I dig it.

Bodo
November 9th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Still, for $15 a month, we're still averaging over 99% uptime per year. I dig it.

Why worry about perfection when close enough is good enough. Did you put Ike in charge of the data center?

Tack Driver
November 9th, 2015, 03:53 PM
This is what you motherfuckers get for bringing up the JewBan shit again.

jonastio
November 9th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Why worry about perfection when close enough is good enough. Did you put Ike in charge of the data center?

I'm sure I could do 99.999% uptimes but I'd only be able to afford it for a month.

jonastio
November 9th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Oh, it just struck me why folks that were using their cell phones were able to hit the site.

It's because I added on IPV6 when it was moved to the Miami data center. *does a little dance* Woohoo! The decision paid off to some degree!

12bhunting
November 9th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Oh, it just struck me why folks that were using their cell phones were able to hit the site.

It's because I added on IPV6 when it was moved to the Miami data center. *does a little dance* Woohoo! The decision paid off to some degree!

Appreciate it....

simmoag
November 9th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Hey All.

I don't know what's going on with the server's spotty performance today. I've got a ticket opened with the hosting provider to get more info.

Better than vendor issues I guess :smooth:

OscarMike1127
November 9th, 2015, 04:43 PM
I have no idea whats going on...

Nerds! Give me your lunch money!

Jafar
November 9th, 2015, 06:18 PM
I pissed, pawed, and dry humped the fancy thinking box until it started working again. Dominance!

Cattle/Horses
November 12th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Jonas or somebody, try this link and see if it works for you. I've been trying for 2 days to go on the Leon County Clerk of Courts site to check some Real Estate sales and my computer cannot make a connection.

Is it the site or my computer?

https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/public/login.asp

Bodo
November 12th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Jonas or somebody, try this link and see if it works for you. I've been trying for 2 days to go on the Leon County Clerk of Courts site to check some Real Estate sales and my computer cannot make a connection.

Is it the site or my computer?

https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/public/login.asp

working for me.

polebarn
November 12th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Works fine for me.

Cattle/Horses
November 12th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Thanks guys. I guess I may need to delete their cookies and see if that helps. FRUCK

0utlaw
November 12th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Or maybe you've been banned

Bodo
November 12th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys. I guess I may need to delete their cookies and see if that helps. FRUCK

it's HTTPS, probably something with your machine.

0utlaw
November 12th, 2015, 08:45 PM
Is that like AIDS?

jonastio
November 13th, 2015, 10:12 AM

It's probably that they need to update their fucking key and certification host. Chrome is unhappy about that site.

Bodo
November 13th, 2015, 10:13 AM
It's probably that they need to update their fucking key and certification host. Chrome is unhappy about that site.

Using Chrome and it's fine with me. So, ergo the problem is with everyone else. IT is easy.

Cattle/Horses
November 13th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Well when I plug my laptop into a LAN the site pulls up.

When trying to connect using the Verizon hotspot it no workie, but it did for the last few years. This started last week.

jonastio
November 13th, 2015, 10:20 AM
There actually might be a network issue between the network that the site is on and the Verizon network. Those are usually really hard to diagnose for each company.

Cattle/Horses
November 13th, 2015, 10:28 AM
There actually might be a network issue between the network that the site is on and the Verizon network. Those are usually really hard to diagnose for each company.

As long as the CCGF server doesn't get a network issue with this Verizon network I'm GTG, because I'm in BFE more often than not.

Bodo
November 13th, 2015, 10:34 AM
As long as the CCGF server doesn't get a network issue with this Verizon network I'm GTG, because I'm in BFE more often than not.

Know, that if it ever does, it wasn't an accident.