PDA

View Full Version : Halloween match

Gatorvet
October 14th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Info was emailed out figured I would post it here also...

Halloween Match! It's back!! Halloween night, Saturday October 31st (https://forum.capitalcitygunforum.com/x-apple-data-detectors://0), Talon will hold a night match on the competition bays. After learning from last year (when we didn't get out of there until after midnight), we are going to start a half hour earlier, and only plan on 3 stages instead of 4. This should allow everyone to more easily shoot the match, and get done at a reasonable time. It will be run just like last year--it will be a 2-gun match (and we will roughly use 3-gun rules), carbine (or pistol cal. carbine) and handgun. This year, however, I'm going to add an option gun. If you have a shotgun that you want to run, I will have one stage where the pistol targets will all be steel, and you can use either the handgun OR shotgun on that stage--shooters choice. As in previous years, there will be no drawing of handguns from the holster, or need for a holster at all. You will start with the handgun at low ready, or it will be staged, so no light-bearing holsters are necessary.

I'll send out a match announcement next week when I get a better idea of exactly when it will be dark, so I know what the start time will be, but I suspect we'll do the match briefing around 7.

Rumbler
October 14th, 2015, 08:09 PM
This is a seriously fun event, Folks. They come up with some really creative targets. :headbang:

Dale Gribble
October 14th, 2015, 09:27 PM
It was a blast last year. A little cool, and loading mags in the dark is interesting. But most of the C4 guys know that already.

Rumbler
October 15th, 2015, 08:51 AM
The bays, and the range in general is well lit now. The guys busted their humps doing all the wiring and light hanging.

Frady
October 15th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Really cool event, but it's gonna be hard with small children.

Dale Gribble
October 15th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Really cool event, but they've essentially excluded anyone with young children.

Yeah the timing kinda sucks. I'm still going to try and make it.

Frady
October 15th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Edited my post because I immediately realized they didn't really have other alternatives for that weekend.

Gatorvet
October 31st, 2015, 08:28 AM
Bump

AB
October 31st, 2015, 08:32 AM
I'll be tied up with the trick or treaters.

Gatorvet
October 31st, 2015, 10:56 PM
Very good match!