PDA

View Full Version : Talon

GreyWolf
October 1st, 2015, 08:16 PM
So I took a long lunch today and rode out to Talon. I've been wanting to get a membership since I took my son out there back in November and today was the day!

Claude hooked me up with the paperwork and such and we had a pretty good conversation. Very nice guy

I spent some time in bay 14 shooting steel. Shot my CZ 75 Compact PCR first and did a decent job knocking plates over. It just seems to shoot where I want it to.

Put about 100 rounds through my HK USPc 40 and was pretty disappointed in my showing. Not sure what the problem is but I can't seem to get it on target with any regularity. I'll spend more time with it and see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong. This is only the second time I've shot it so maybe I just need more time with it.

Anyway, it was an awesome time. Will try to ride out there as often as possible. :D

talon2
October 8th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Thank you for your joining, I hope you enjoy your membership.

Rumbler
October 8th, 2015, 09:02 PM
"Talon" is my life. I have never been more proud of anything than I am of my "affiliation" with the guys, and the range.

NJC
October 8th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Great Guys and a great Facility.

JD and Charlie have gone way above and beyond for me when I have asked.

Rumbler is the yoda of reloading and has given great advice.

Talon is the Home of the Capital City Carbine Club (C4) and we could not do what we do without them.

0utlaw
October 8th, 2015, 09:17 PM
:grouphug:

GreyWolf
October 9th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Thank you for your joining, I hope you enjoy your membership.

My pleasure! The girlfriend and I are already enjoying range dates. Shooting is something we both enjoy and are working to become more proficient.

"Talon" is my life. I have never been more proud of anything than I am of my "affiliation" with the guys, and the range.

I can see why Rumbler. Yall put together an extremely nice facility and staffed it with the nicest people. I look forward to spending more time there and getting to know some of you better.

Great Guys and a great Facility.

JD and Charlie have gone way above and beyond for me when I have asked.

Rumbler is the yoda of reloading and has given great advice.

Talon is the Home of the Capital City Carbine Club (C4) and we could not do what we do without them.

Agreed. I don't regret joining one bit and can't see that I ever will.

:grouphug:

No homo but I get the idea. Thank you sir! :laugh:

Evil_McNasty
October 9th, 2015, 08:19 AM
When it rivals the local police academy facility, and it does, then you know it's a quality place.

Best place to train in the area.

seadog
October 10th, 2015, 02:57 AM
I just wish it wasn't an hour and a half drive each way or I'd probably visit the place more often.

GreyWolf
October 10th, 2015, 09:31 PM
G/f and I had another good day at Talon today. Brought some snacks and tea, picked up a sub in the pro shop along with some t-shirts. Awesome place to spend an afternoon!

Shot the HK much better and she's doing well with the CZ and her 38 snubbie. Good times

GreyWolf
October 10th, 2015, 09:34 PM
I just wish it wasn't an hour and a half drive each way or I'd probably visit the place more often.

We're very fortunate to live as close as we do and making the most of it. Need to pick up a shotgun and AR so we can put those to good use as well

simmoag
October 11th, 2015, 08:29 AM
We're very fortunate to live as close as we do and making the most of it. Need to pick up a shotgun and AR so we can put those to good use as well

Grey, my wife and I shoot there as well. She likes it because of the private bays and the fact that no one gives unsolicited advice. Before Talon we shoot at Coon Bottom and on more than one occasion I had to tell "Tier One" guys that she didn't need advice on the proper grips, etc.

They offer great classes as well. John Rassmussen is a friend and great instructor. On advice from NJC I took the tactical shotgun class. It was one of the most informative classes I have ever taken.

If you are into competitive shooting they have USPSA matches, 3 Gun and a Steel Challenge match. C4 events aren't competition but more of guys shooting drills.

GreyWolf
October 11th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Grey, my wife and I shoot there as well. She likes it because of the private bays and the fact that no one gives unsolicited advice. Before Talon we shoot at Coon Bottom and on more than one occasion I had to tell "Tier One" guys that she didn't need advice on the proper grips, etc.

They offer great classes as well. John Rassmussen is a friend and great instructor. On advice from NJC I took the tactical shotgun class. It was one of the most informative classes I have ever taken.

If you are into competitive shooting they have USPSA matches, 3 Gun and a Steel Challenge match. C4 events aren't competition but more of guys shooting drills.

Sounds about right. It's nice to be able to spend time working to improve our skills without "free-advice." I'll be taking advantage of some classes in the near future and the g/f needs to take the cwp course.

I like the idea of competition. Tried to make it to some pin shooting but work is getting in the way of that. One day (evening).

simmoag
October 11th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Sounds about right. It's nice to be able to spend time working to improve our skills without "free-advice." I'll be taking advantage of some classes in the near future and the g/f needs to take the cwp course.

I like the idea of competition. Tried to make it to some pin shooting but work is getting in the way of that. One day (evening).

The USPSA matches are on the first Saturday of every month. Work usually gets in the way for me as well. 3 gun matches only happen every 3 months or so. C4 usually is twice a month.

GreyWolf
October 11th, 2015, 08:00 PM
The USPSA matches are on the first Saturday of every month. Work usually gets in the way for me as well. 3 gun matches only happen every 3 months or so. C4 usually is twice a month.

Thank you sir, I'll look into it! I watched some 3-gun on Youtube and it looked like a lot of fun. I'll check out the USPSA site, maybe come and watch some matches so I have an idea of what's going on.

Work. It makes everything possible. A necessary evil.