Airgator0470
September 16th, 2015, 03:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWv7NndBf68

Airgator0470
September 16th, 2015, 03:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi6LqWGi79g&feature=player_embedded

SB
September 16th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Damn, I need to go throw some heavy shit around.

mattb
September 17th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Holy shit. I'd have to hire a trainer just to prepare myself to train up for one of his classes.

Rumbler
September 17th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Holy shit. I'd have to hire a trainer just to prepare myself to train up for one of his classes.

That is what "everyone" has been training for, for the last few months.

Danman
September 17th, 2015, 06:29 PM

Who is this "everyone" you are speaking about? Because I've been working on my drinking habits.

Cattle/Horses
September 17th, 2015, 06:34 PM

You could do it.

Just start slow.

mattb
September 17th, 2015, 11:21 PM
http://youtu.be/wzwVXA9J620

I think I understand why he is popular.

NJC
September 17th, 2015, 11:51 PM
That's OG right there.
I think he indirectly called out a lot of big names.
I bet Chris costa and Cory (of Cory and Erica fame) are busting a blood vessel.

NJC
September 17th, 2015, 11:51 PM
I might have to re up my panteo subscription.

mattb
September 18th, 2015, 12:08 AM
That's OG right there.
I think he indirectly called out a lot of big names.
I bet Chris costa and Cory (of Cory and Erica fame) are busting a blood vessel.

Probably so. He has a point; if I was really scanning for more targets, you can bet your ass the pistol would be up.

Airgator0470
September 18th, 2015, 12:16 AM
Sounds familiar... I have mentioned and challenged that "snatch back" BS I see guys do in my classes.

The first time I allowed pistol transitions in class I had to stop class and address the same issues... pulling the pistol back off target, failure to maintain DF, failure to acquire a secondary sight picture, and failure to access the target. Seeing Mac address this tells me I've received good training because that's how I was trained...

Lawrence has a video of it but I would not let him post it because I was a dick about it... sorry to the guys I chastised that day. In fact, I had to address it this past weekend with a couple shooters.

NJC
September 18th, 2015, 12:26 AM
I think this is a symptom of the 180° range. Instructors want to come up with a way for people to scan left and right but didn't want them to most sweep the whole line and doing the process. What we came up with was basically a generation with the training scar

SB
September 18th, 2015, 12:30 AM
We did 360 sweeps after courses of fire. Went to Sewell so that we didn't cap anybody.

Airgator0470
September 18th, 2015, 12:34 AM
I think this is a symptom of the 180° range. Instructors want to come up with a way for people to scan left and right but didn't want them to most sweep the whole line and doing the process. What we came up with was basically a generation with the training scar

Maybe the head turn... but the tacticool pistol pullback? Where the heck did that come from? It's like some shooters who assume position SUL instead of a good low ready.

NJC
September 18th, 2015, 02:45 AM
I'm not for or against them. Retention positions have their function. They are just a moment in time. When it becomes the destination as opposed to part of the trip it is bad.

AB
September 18th, 2015, 07:29 AM
Maybe the head turn... but the tacticool pistol pullback? Where the heck did that come from? It's like some shooters who assume position SUL instead of a good low ready.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone do the "tactical pullback." As far as going to close ready, "position 3" or Sul (where did that even come from?) as opposed to a proper low ready, the jury is still out for me. I'm going to run a few drills, and probably put a few C4 victims through them as well to see if there is any speed or accuracy advantage. It's something some co-workers and I have been discussing. I may start a thread.

Evil_McNasty
September 18th, 2015, 09:52 AM
I think the 'pullback' started as a pre-holstering maneuver. The shooter is done with that round of shots and is about to reholster. Just before doing so, he pulls back, does a last quick scan, and holsters. In this case, it makes some sense. But I think some people took that shit to the next level because they thought it looked cool.

Who knows. That's how I thought it came about. If anyone ever sees me do it, call me out on it.

Dale Gribble
September 18th, 2015, 09:56 AM
I don't think I've ever seen anyone do the "tactical pullback." As far as going to close ready, "position 3" or Sul (where did that even come from?) as opposed to a proper low ready, the jury is still out for me. I'm going to run a few drills, and probably put a few C4 victims through them as well to see if there is any speed or accuracy advantage. It's something some co-workers and I have been discussing. I may start a thread.

I don't think its supposed to be an alternative to low ready. Its a transitional point from low ready back to holster. I've dealt with threats I know, I don't want to muzzle sweep anyone as I scan my six for other threats, but I don't want to go all the way back to the holster.

Airgator0470
September 18th, 2015, 02:12 PM

Position SUL started with this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq-amA56Ge4

I agree with the three purposes... as well as the modified SUL for vehicle ops.

Bodo
September 18th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Do I spy a lanyard on those pistols?

30plusretlaw
September 27th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Sounds familiar... I have mentioned and challenged that "snatch back" BS I see guys do in my classes.

The first time I allowed pistol transitions in class I had to stop class and address the same issues... pulling the pistol back off target, failure to maintain DF, failure to acquire a secondary sight picture, and failure to access the target. Seeing Mac address this tells me I've received good training because that's how I was trained...

Lawrence has a video of it but I would not let him post it because I was a dick about it... sorry to the guys I chastised that day. In fact, I had to address it this past weekend with a couple shooters.

LOL Bob, I remember like it was yesterday, Don't feel bad about it, that's why you are donig this, to teach. Is better to be corrected now and not make mistakes later. I also remember all the PVC stands that were destroyed that day, I'm guilty of that too. lol By the way.... I would pay good money to watch that video.

30plusretlaw
September 27th, 2015, 10:29 AM

Well, I just signe up for the class, any exercise advice that don't call for phisical punisment?

NJC
September 28th, 2015, 10:49 PM
I would work on mobility and agility. Maybe start walking if you are not active.

But you are in the second class right ?

Just show up in your bath robe and flip flops. You'll be fine ;-)

Airgator0470
September 28th, 2015, 11:09 PM
I would work on mobility and agility. Maybe start walking if you are not active.

But you are in the second class right ?

Just show up in your bath robe and flip flops. You'll be fine ;-)

This.... remember.... TRAIN LIKE YOU FIGHT.

NJC
September 29th, 2015, 07:11 AM
Or throw your stuff up in the air and run away. Especially if your opponent has a beard and looks like an operator.