PDA

View Full Version : FINAL MAC CLASS POST

Airgator0470
September 2nd, 2015, 10:01 AM
We are all paid up. Thanks. Below are my final thoughts/posts for the class:

- Make sure you bring EVERYTHING you need for class. I've had guys show up to class leaving important stuff at home, LIKE AMMO.

- Feel free to bring a pop-up tent/shelter, field chair, cooler for your drinks, lunch, etc.

- Speaking of ammo, remember, no STEEL CORE or BI-METAL CORE JACKET. My steel is going to take THOUSANDS of hits. If a magnet sticks to the bullet you can't shoot it... and NO... you can't bring it to shoot the paper targets because I've allowed that before and people still hammered my steel with M855 type ammo. No one will have the time nor the interest to be checking ammo during the class... JUST DON'T BRING ANY.

- If you're NOT in shape, start walking, stretching, etc. you have just over two months to make small improvements.

- TARGET BACKERS, if you can bring a few, great.

- Range Volunteers, if you can stop in for the day to help, or part of the day, great, just let me know.

It's been a long time in the making and we have rounded to corner... once we get through September, and October, we will have the class we all have been waiting a year for.

Dale Gribble
September 2nd, 2015, 10:04 AM
I've had guys show up to class leaving important stuff at home, LIKE AMMO.

Unpossible.

I mean, sorry.

YankeeFingergasm
September 2nd, 2015, 06:10 PM
Excellent news.

Danman
September 3rd, 2015, 08:36 AM
Looking forward to it!!!

Evil_McNasty
September 3rd, 2015, 09:18 AM
Bob deserves a bottle of spirits for his efforts in putting this together. I am sure we can accommodate.

AB
September 3rd, 2015, 09:26 AM
I'm putting this here, because it's the latest thread on the topic.

I've been reading some of the AAR's on the class that go back a few years. From what I've read, I took away two main things:

1) He's big on accuracy. In some of the classes your run didn't get scored unless all shots were in the "A" zone; your score was simply "no-go." As you practice leading up to the class, remember to have constant target feedback so you know where you are hitting and from what distance. Know your pace ahead of the class. When you're practicing, shoot at a speed you KNOW you can hit all "A's" at and maintain that speed until it naturally gets faster. It will feel slow as crap because you're so controlled in your shooting, but recognize it for what it is: control. That's the speed you should use at the class.

2) He seems to set up problems and let the students solve them on their own at first, and then offer guidance. Without bragging (much), I believe regular C4 attendees will have an advantage here because, minus the teaching, that's exactly what we do there.

When getting your gear ready, change the batteries out in your optic the day before the class with new ones. Even the small delay in having to change out batts will be annoying for everyone and embarrassing for you. It would be even worse if you somehow didn't have a replacement! I'd also make sure your back up irons are properly sighted in as well in the event of a catastrophic optic failure or a training evolution in which you have to turn your optic off. Bring enough ammo. When I shoot a match, I bring 150% of the ammo requirement, just in case. I've read two AAR's in which people talked about running low or out of ammo. Just because the class calls for 1K rounds doesn't mean you might not have the opportunity to shoot more. More is better, and be prepared for it! If I was taking this class, I would bring 2K rifle and 2K pistol. It would be expensive, but it will get shot up eventually so it wouldn't go to waste or anything.

These are things I'm just running through my head this morning, and certainly not an exhaustive list, but in reading the AAR's from others, this seems like a great opportunity to learn and you don't want to miss a minute of it on something that could have been addressed ahead of time.

YankeeFingergasm
September 3rd, 2015, 01:07 PM
Bob deserves a bottle of spirits for his efforts in putting this together. I am sure we can accommodate.

He'll be taken care of.

SB
September 3rd, 2015, 02:19 PM
Is there a preferred libation? Or are we doing dealers choice?
And yes, YF X2

Tack Driver
September 3rd, 2015, 02:23 PM
Remind me. We're setting up camp out there somewhere, right?

Airgator0470
September 3rd, 2015, 04:30 PM
Remind me. We're setting up camp out there somewhere, right?

A slight change in plans as far as that's concerned...

Because it's during the week, James ask that I keep the after hours social gatherings after class to a minimum... time and noise wise. He works his ass off with Greg in Landscape and is dog tired when he comes home... remember, he now lives there full time. He gets up EARLY so sleep time is an issue.

Folks are MORE THAN WELCOME to hang out after class for a couple hours and have a cold beer or three... but the hunt camp most likely will not be available as usual.

Mac said he is staying at the hunt camp with us and I don't think he's the stay up till midnight drinking/talking shit kind of guy, especially as he's there in a professional capacity. On my next e-mail I'll mention after class social possibilities and see what he prefers. He might like hanging out with boot-lickers or he may not...

Sorry about the change as I planned on anyone and everyone staying... but James recently brought it up and I have to say I understand... he's older than me and until things change, he's stuck with that ball-breaking job for the time being.

Tack Driver
September 3rd, 2015, 04:48 PM
A slight change in plans as far as that's concerned...

Because it's during the week, James ask that I keep the after hours social gatherings after class to a minimum... time and noise wise. He works his ass off with Greg in Landscape and is dog tired when he comes home... remember, he now lives there full time. He gets up EARLY so sleep time is an issue.

Folks are MORE THAN WELCOME to hang out after class for a couple hours and have a cold beer or three... but the hunt camp most likely will not be available as usual.

Mac said he is staying at the hunt camp with us and I don't think he's the stay up till midnight drinking/talking shit kind of guy, especially as he's there in a professional capacity. On my next e-mail I'll mention after class social possibilities and see what he prefers. He might like hanging out with boot-lickers or he may not...

Sorry about the change as I planned on anyone and everyone staying... but James recently brought it up and I have to say I understand... he's older than me and until things change, he's stuck with that ball-breaking job for the time being.

Would setting up camp well away from the house accomplish all of the above?

Just a perspective; hanging out with Pat Mac is less of an objective and more of a interesting prospect. I wouldn't know how to be a boot licker if I tried. Killing the travel time, humping gear, cutting up with my buddies, and being outdoors around a fire in November is what I was looking forward to.

Either way, let us know. It's not like this is going down tomorrow.

0utlaw
September 3rd, 2015, 04:52 PM
Almost image searched boot licker ..........at work........:headslap:...................What was I thinking.

Tack Driver
September 3rd, 2015, 04:53 PM
Almost image searched boot licker ..........at work........:headslap:...................What was I thinking.

Chicken shit.

0utlaw
September 3rd, 2015, 04:54 PM
Yeah....but I need this job.. :yup:

Airgator0470
September 3rd, 2015, 04:59 PM
Would setting up camp well away from the house accomplish all of the above?

Just a perspective; hanging out with Pat Mac is less of an objective and more of a interesting prospect. I wouldn't know how to be a boot licker if I tried. Killing the travel time, humping gear, cutting up with my buddies, and being outdoors around a fire in November is what I was looking forward to.

Either way, let us know. It's not like this is going down tomorrow.

That's what I initially had in mind... I don't see why that would not work out. There are a few nice places one could set up a tent and camp out. BUT... noise discipline after 9pm or so will be a must, noise travels well at night as you guys know.

WHO ALL WISHES TO PITCH A TENT AND CAMP OUT?

Keep in mind the hunt camp most likely won't be available (shower, kitchen, etc.).

Tack Driver
September 3rd, 2015, 05:01 PM
That's what I initially had in mind... I don't see why that would not work out. There are a few nice places one could set up a tent and camp out. BUT... noise discipline after 9pm or so will be a must, noise travels well at night as you guys know.

WHO ALL WISHES TO PITCH A TENT AND CAMP OUT?

Keep in mind the hunt camp most likely won't be available (shower, kitchen, etc.).

Obviously..........I'm in.

Evil_McNasty
September 3rd, 2015, 05:33 PM
AG, what time do you expect the sessions to begin and end? 8a-5p?

Airgator0470
September 3rd, 2015, 06:34 PM
AG, what time do you expect the sessions to begin and end? 8a-5p?

I would say that's about right. I plan on doing a FU e-mail with Mac to get details...

Tack Driver
September 3rd, 2015, 06:42 PM
I would say that's about right. I plan on doing a FU e-mail with Mac to get details...

He'll probably tell you "FU too".

NJC
September 4th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Man, I was looking forward to staying at the hunting camp, looking forward to the fellowship and no commute. But I understand. So what do I do with the big jar of KY and the "home prostate exam " video I bought specially ??

Tack Driver
September 4th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Man, I was looking forward to staying at the hunting camp, looking forward to the fellowship and no commute. But I understand. So what do I do with the big jar of KY and the "home prostate exam " video I bought specially ??

I sent TS an e-mail with all your contact info so you guys could "hang".

0utlaw
September 4th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Save it for the policemen's ball?

NJC
September 4th, 2015, 03:59 PM
I sent TS an e-mail with all your contact info so you guys could "hang".

Thanks Buddy ! Tell him to bring is white couch. By the way, I called you and texted you 15 times last night around 2am... I had an emergency , I could not get the slide back on my glock and needed help urgently. You are never there for me when I need you !

NJC
September 4th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Save it for the policemen's ball?

Not needed, Sgts bring their own ;-)

Airgator0470
September 4th, 2015, 08:26 PM

I'm recognizing your cop privilege... I realize some animals are more important than others... your bunk in the hunt camp is still reserved.

Tack Driver
September 4th, 2015, 08:26 PM
I'm recognizing your cop privilege... I realize some animals are more important than others... your bunk in the hunt camp is still reserved.
WTF?!

#EagleLivesMatter

Airgator0470
September 4th, 2015, 08:37 PM
WTF?!

#EagleLivesMatter

BUT THAT'S NOT FAIR... I WANTED TO STAY IN THE HUNT CAMP.... I'M TELLING MOMMY

http://imageshack.com/a/img543/2264/ux1r.gif (https://imageshack.com/i/f3ux1rg)

Tack Driver
September 4th, 2015, 08:39 PM
BUT THAT'S NOT FAIR... I WANTED TO STAY IN THE HUNT CAMP.... I'M TELLING MOMMY

http://imageshack.com/a/img543/2264/ux1r.gif (https://imageshack.com/i/f3ux1rg)
Did you just put yourself on the yo' momma' list?

Airgator0470
September 4th, 2015, 08:45 PM
Crap can't get it...

NJC
September 4th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Sweet !!

Win for privilege !!!

12bhunting
September 4th, 2015, 09:29 PM
WTF?!

#EagleLivesMatter

your a boot licker man. probably nothing personal....

Tack Driver
September 4th, 2015, 09:34 PM
your a boot licker man. probably nothing personal....
*You're

12bhunting
September 4th, 2015, 10:11 PM
*You're

right....

NJC
September 4th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Whatever.. he is licking boots in a tent though ;-)

#animalfarm

Tack Driver
September 4th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Whatever.. he is licking boots in a tent though ;-)

#animalfarm
Still waiting on the word on that, but to me, mid November, tent > hunt cabin anyways.

Josh
September 4th, 2015, 11:37 PM
Bob I was hoping to set up a tent as well. Or sleep in my jeep whatever. I have a shovel and a box full of baby wipes so facilities are not necessary.

Danman
September 4th, 2015, 11:57 PM
So...no soup kitchen?

NJC
September 5th, 2015, 12:02 AM
Gerbils for the guys in the first class ;-)

Airgator0470
September 5th, 2015, 01:28 AM
I see no problem with you guys camping out in a tent or vehicle... I have a spot picked out.

Many of you know it's a custom to have a social grill out event after my Signal-0 classes... James and I really enjoy entertaining anyone wishing to stay after class for food and drinks... we enjoy opening up the hunt camp's kitchen for everyone to use and enjoy.

However, with the current situation that simply won't be possible.

NJC
September 5th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Airgator
I think you have been clear on what the deal is. Your brother lives there now and we must respect his space. No probs.
I continue to be grateful to you for putting this on.
I am looking forward to both my range bitch duties and the class.
BTW vanilla gorilla is on here now. He said he was going to contact you reference range bitch

Airgator0470
September 5th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Airgator
I think you have been clear on what the deal is. Your brother lives there now and we must respect his space. No probs.
I continue to be grateful to you for putting this on.
I am looking forward to both my range bitch duties and the class.
BTW vanilla gorilla is on here now. He said he was going to contact you reference range bitch

Thanks... VG is welcome.

SB
September 5th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Is there a good hotel close? Don't think I will be commuting from PC. Not without some severe head trauma.

Tack Driver
September 5th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Is there a good hotel close? Don't think I will be commuting from PC. Not without some severe head trauma.
You need a tent?

YankeeFingergasm
September 5th, 2015, 08:25 PM

Define good and close.

SB
September 5th, 2015, 08:25 PM
You need a tent?

If I am in a tent there had better be zombies outside.
More of a glamper now.
Spent way too many nights sleeping on the ground.

SB
September 5th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Was going to stay in Tally, just wondering if something was closer. Any major chain that isn't a roach motel.

Dale Gribble
September 5th, 2015, 08:48 PM
SB, if you need quarters I'd be happy to put you up.

NJC
September 5th, 2015, 09:08 PM
There are hotels at I-10 and 90. I think that's about as close as you will get.

Mikec2003
September 5th, 2015, 09:13 PM
theres an econo lodge at exit 217, 2 exits before bobs (233). never been there, can't attest to its rapey qualities, but its there.

mattb
September 5th, 2015, 09:27 PM
SB is my brother, and as such, considers "roughing it" to be staying at a best western rather than Marriott. Tent = no fucking way.

mattb
September 5th, 2015, 09:28 PM
Hey bro, crash at my place.

mattb
September 5th, 2015, 09:29 PM
I won't be there, but I got three spare bedrooms.

Dale Gribble
September 15th, 2015, 03:55 PM
SB. Are you running an AK for this course? I'm thinking about it.

SB
September 15th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Gonna run an AR. He is a pretty big safety ON guy. Just easier with the AR.

0utlaw
September 15th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Is AK .....is not safe