PDA

View Full Version : Anyone reloading 300blk?

Gatorvet
August 5th, 2015, 09:52 PM
I have some once fired 300 blk brass and I'm wondering if anyone has loaded subsonics and would be willing to let me trade my brass and money for some of your hopefully cost effective reloads...
Thanks

Rumbler
August 5th, 2015, 10:58 PM
GV, if I was still able to load, I'd be your huckleberry. I love turning people on to the world of cost effective custom ammo.

Dale Gribble
August 6th, 2015, 07:00 AM
Gator, I have not done subs. Yet. I have the powder and projectiles, just need to do the workup.

FLT
August 6th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Dale that aa1680 powder you just got will make subs easy. Every rifle I've loaded for will run on subsonic loads that use 1680. Some of them all the way down to 800 fps. Talk about quite , now if I could just figure out how to do away with the impact noise .

Dale Gribble
August 6th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Dale that aa1680 powder you just got will make subs easy. Every rifle I've loaded for will run on subsonic loads that use 1680. Some of them all the way down to 800 fps. Talk about quite , now if I could just figure how to do away with the impact noise .

Thats why I bought 4lbs.

Jas8340
August 6th, 2015, 09:01 AM
I'm still in the process of working down my loads with a couple of different bullets. If you are looking for cheap plinking bullets, I highly recommend Leatherhead's 240gr lead coated bullets (http://www.leatherheadbullets.com/products.php). I've had more success with those than the Palmetto Projectiles (http://palmettoprojectiles.com/). All of my loads have been with IMR-4227 since I didn't have any 1680 then I started these loads.

Gatorvet
August 6th, 2015, 04:10 PM
No reloading knowledge whatsoever here...Just hoping to trade my brass to someone who can use it to make some more rounds and hopefully get some cheap reloads...factory loads are spensive

And I like the sound of a very quiet subsonic handload FLT...

12bhunting
August 6th, 2015, 08:56 PM
I can powder coat if you want to come over and give that a shot on your bullets too

Why would you powder coated bullets?

FLT
August 6th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Duh. How else would you get pink bullets. ;)

Dale Gribble
August 7th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Why would you powder coated bullets?

On cast lead bullets it allows you get pretty high speeds without leading. Much cheaper than plated or jacketed.