PDA

View Full Version : lee double disc kit/double adjustable bar?

mapper
August 4th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Anyone used this with a pro autodisc 2 with ball powders?
I'm thinking about it, and have seen it somewhere.

From the post I saw
I think I'll try it

No, charge bar will only fit on top of disk due to index pins on the bottom of the disk. But the problem you'll run into is inconsistent powder drops as the adjustable charge bar will be loose on top of the disk and larger than disk hole setting on the charge bar will keep some powder on top of the disk hole.

For me, a better solution came from stacking two charge bars. With slight filing of the index tabs, I was able to make a tight fitting stack that provided much greater powder drop capacities than two largest disk holes (I metered up to around 47 grains of I4895/H4895/Varget and 48 grains of RL15 and I didn't even max out the adjustments).

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=181171&d=1362931679

Yellow arrows show filing points
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=181170&d=1362931679

Johnny
August 5th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Mapper I am using the adjustable bar and have had no problem with it.Have used disc powder,also ball powder.Stays adjusted and accurate.

Dale Gribble
August 5th, 2015, 11:03 AM
I get minor leakage but less than a case filed per 500 rounds.

mapper
August 5th, 2015, 11:17 AM
For 38/9/45 the autodisc is fine running bullseye for me.

But thinking about 45 colt ruger loads, and want to be able to do 30 gr,
Also it would make plinking 223 ammo easier on the powder charging.

Not really worried about how it does with stick powder as I run that through a chargemaster.

Mainly good metering ball and flake powders.

If the single adjustable charge bar works good from 3 gr and up (bullseye)
And stacking another one on top if needed for large loads of 296, it would make life simpler.

It seems to be a better solution than others I have seen. And the cost is cheap enough to try.