PDA

View Full Version : Hornady 224 DIAM 75 Gr BTHP W/C 2279C

Dale Gribble
June 29th, 2015, 11:18 AM
This is a match bullet with cannelrue.

https://www.hornady.com/store/Match-bullets/

This is the bullet used in TAP 223 pressure ammo.

If you want to roll your own SD or Match ammo this is the stuff.

$166 per K. I have 2K are spoken for.

NJC
June 29th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Dale. I would like 1000 as I can't seem to find the 77gr I want.
Stand by for a pm.

Dale Gribble
June 29th, 2015, 12:42 PM
I've got you down, NJC.

Rumbler
June 29th, 2015, 03:34 PM
You guys shooting short barrel (<20") poodle shooters thinking they are dependable man stoppers should be lining up for these bullets.

Dale Gribble
June 29th, 2015, 03:39 PM
You guys shooting short barrel (<20") poodle shooters thinking they are dependable man stoppers should be lining up for these bullets.

Now all I need is some Rumbler approved loads for these things using h355..

I realize its still only for poodles, but now I can move up from toy poodles to miniatures poodles or maybe even a sick standard poodle.

Johnny
June 29th, 2015, 05:27 PM
It would have to be very sick,Dribble.What happened with the powder order,vendor problems out of stock on every thing .

Dale Gribble
June 29th, 2015, 05:34 PM
It would have to be very sick,Dribble.What happened with the powder order,vendor problems out of stock on every thing .

We've gotten one shipment of stuff already, everything else is out of stock. They call me when components come in.

These bullets are from the same vendor, they happened to have 1 in stock. Busy place, but I am not having any issues with them, they are organized.

Rumbler
June 29th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Now all I need is some Rumbler approved loads for these things using h355..

I realize its still only for poodles, but now I can move up from toy poodles to miniatures poodles or maybe even a sick standard poodle.

I wouldn't use it. It is too slow in this application for such a heavy bullet.

Are you sure you don't mean h335? That would work like a charm.

Rumbler
June 29th, 2015, 05:45 PM
We've gotten one shipment of stuff already, everything else is out of stock. They call me when components come in.

These bullets are from the same vendor, they happened to have 1 in stock. Busy place, but I am not having any issues with them, they are organized.

+1. I've done a ton of business with them and they have always done really well. In fact we had some powder on backorder for almost a year and they called saying it had just come in and wanted to know if we still needed it.

Dale Gribble
June 29th, 2015, 05:59 PM
I wouldn't use it. It is too slow in this application for such a heavy bullet.

Are you sure you don't mean h335? That would work like a charm.

Yeah, that.

Johnny
June 29th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Good deal

Rumbler
June 29th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Yeah, that.

Using surplus 5.56 brass, I'd start at 22gr and not go past 24 without reading the brass very carefully.

23gr will get you about 2850FPS out of a 16" tube, so this is definitely Rumbler load territory. :cool:

Dale Gribble
July 7th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Guys, I got the bullets yesterday, and seperated them into 1k zip lock bags. A zip lock bags previously held 1911 parts. This should be good.

I have them with me, if you want to pay with e-check just PM me your email address and I will send you an invoice.

Danman
July 7th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Shit was heavy.