PDA

View Full Version : Surfer5 need you...

Airgator0470
June 18th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Hey... check the count down timer on the web site for the Mac class... as of today, it says 182 days... I count 150 days... what's up? Did you accidently enter December?

150 DAYS LEFT

NJC
June 18th, 2015, 10:02 PM
Git some!!

surfer5
June 20th, 2015, 09:41 AM
I fixed it this morning and I THINK it's right. I did the math in EXCEL and it showed 151 (and some hours and minutes) when I was messing with it in there and that is what showed up when I did the fix. It shows 150 days now. But let me know if I did the math wrong. It's been a long week and I was doing this at 5AM (and I'm not a morning person - not even close).

After 06/30 I won't have one of those pesky jobs any more so I will be quicker to respond. At least until I figure out how to remedy that situation. :)

NJC
June 21st, 2015, 09:50 PM
Man sorry to hear that. Let me know what field you are in and i will keep en eye out.

surfer5
June 21st, 2015, 11:48 PM
Man sorry to hear that. Let me know what field you are in and i will keep en eye out.

Thanks man. I really appreciate that.

I own my own company doing IT stuff. Mostly programming .NET and SharePoint. I've been doing it long enough, though, if it's on the internet, I've probably at least dabbled in it. When I had more free time, my thirst for new technologies was unquenchable. Kids ruined that. :)

Anyway, I knew a contract I am on right now was ending on 06/30. I thought I had something lined up to segue into immediately. That fell through unexpectedly (client went vapor). So I'm a LITTLE panicky. But not crazy yet. I'll make it work. Or rob a bank. I know enough LEO that surely would look the other way if they knew it was just good 'ol surfer5. If I start getting stingy with ammo, you know it's getting bad. :)

NJC
June 22nd, 2015, 08:24 AM
Dude. I used to be a router/ switch guy so I know how that goes.
I know some folks who work for the state / city and such doing IT. Many are on the board. I would be happy to pass alon a resume.
Knowing .net shit should make you quite hireable.

NJC
June 22nd, 2015, 08:26 AM
I would also talk to the folks at presidio here in town. They do a lot of IT CONTRACTS for commercial and govt if that is more up your alley.