PDA

View Full Version : Hey hotdogs come out and shoot pins

Johnny
May 13th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Alright all you hotdogs come on out ,the weather is warm also dry.Come try your hand at pin shooting.Your first match is free so don't let 10.00 keep you out.Come outy Tack and I will bring you a real gun to shoot pins with.

crawdaddy34
May 13th, 2015, 07:27 PM
Alright all you hotdogs come on out ,the weather is warm also dry.Come try your hand at pin shooting.Your first match is free so don't let 10.00 keep you out.Come outy Tack and I will bring you a real gun to shoot pins with.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUG8CmxZGC0CLMz4xevDDk3d3jvkWfU nF5SwsuoOlhFO5s6r5q

Johnny
May 13th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Damn Crawdog what the hell are you going to do with all those shirts you are going to buy.What just wear them until they are dirty then throw them away?

thedishdoc
May 14th, 2015, 12:07 AM
I'd come shoot pins but I ran all my ammo at C4 today.

Tack Driver
May 14th, 2015, 09:41 AM
I'd come shoot pins but I ran all my ammo at C4 today.
Don't rile up the old codgers.

crawdaddy34
May 14th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Don't rile up the old codgers.

Why not?

:dunno:

0utlaw
May 14th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Cause he'll call Tack a pygmy........again.

crawdaddy34
May 14th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Cause he'll call Tack a pygmy........again.

and.......

:dunno:

Johnny
May 14th, 2015, 10:50 AM
hell Outlaw they are what they are,you have crawdog the Sopchoppy midget and Tack the resident pygmy .I am the old codger.

FLT
May 14th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Johnny is just trying to get a few people to come out and shoot. You young guys are being a little short sighted on this situation. Do you think you are going to be able to run from one position to the next all your lives. I know for a fact you will not. The mass majority of people that are over 70 years old can't it's just a fact of life. Some of you are not in the best of shape even now . It will only get worse with age that is also a fact. I don't think any of you owe me any thing but I would very grateful if you could cut old guys that still trying to enjoy the shooting sports a little slack. Thank you for your consideration in this matter. Wayne

NJC
May 14th, 2015, 11:36 AM
FLT,

None of the nine posts above yours were any where near saying that, not even in jest. Only one mentioned C4 and was referencing using all his ammo.

Look at the tire as a metaphor for life, some can handle it better than others. No one is perfect but everyone who showed last night left better for it and met some new like minded individuals.
Yes getting old sucks, if you are lucky but being the tire sucks more.

I cant make it tonight, my daughter has a concert, but I may come next Thursday night. What round count ?? I may shoot my HK45 !

Also would you be offended If I dragged my tire along or should I just bring a walker ? :-)

FLT
May 14th, 2015, 11:43 AM
NJC I'm not looking for a pissing contest. I'll go back and edit out the tire reference.

e.money83
May 14th, 2015, 11:51 AM
I don't give a damn what your age is or your physical condition, sitting on your ass sending rounds is a damned fun way to pass the time.

12bhunting
May 14th, 2015, 12:33 PM
I don't give a damn what your age is or your physical condition, sitting on your ass sending rounds is a damned fun way to pass the time.

You give me a 12 pack and a coffee can and I will entertain myself for a couple hours....

e.money83
May 14th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Not that I condone mixing alcohol and firearms...

Tack Driver
May 14th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Johnny is just trying to get a few people to come out and shoot. You young guys are being a little short sighted on this situation. Do you think you are going to be able to run from one position to the next all your lives. I know for a fact you will not. The mass majority of people that are over 70 years old can't it's just a fact of life. Some of you are not in the best of shape even now . It will only get worse with age that is also a fact. I don't think any of you owe me any thing but I would very grateful if you could cut old guys that still trying to enjoy the shooting sports a little slack. Thank you for your consideration in this matter. Wayne
Wayne, I've never said one single solitary derogatory word about the pin shooting event. Nearly every person out there is my friend, it looks like fun.

By contrast, whenever there is an opening to mock or patronize C4 or non-square range practical application shooters, you do, even if you have to fabricate said opening like you've done in this thread.

I'll not mention it again because you've expressed the intention to not have a pissing match. Fair enough. Just know I'm done getting kicked and pulling my punches on the matter.

To all others; Go shoot pins. Great group of guys, well organized event, and a ton of fun.

12bhunting
May 14th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Not that I condone mixing alcohol and firearms...

Cold beer and bullets do not bother me. Now lord Calvert and throwing stars on the other hand can fuck a fella up pretty good...

thedishdoc
May 14th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Ike Aid and and tomahawk handles strangely come to mind.

e.money83
May 14th, 2015, 01:28 PM
I suppose it depends on the quantity/quality of the beer. I try to avoid the Canadian whiskey, it's just way to easy to drink and trends to lead to over consumption. I need liquor with some burn to it to keep me in check.

Johnny
May 14th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Wayne I will shoot any of them head to head on the pins anytime they want an will bet I will beat most of them.

Tack Driver
May 14th, 2015, 01:31 PM
over consumption

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/088/b/5/this_does_not_compute_gif_by_cliopadra13kaassis-d5zn5su.gif

Johnny
May 14th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Fellows if I was able to move and run like I use to I would shoot your c4 matches but age and injuries have caught up with this old man.As far as stting on your ass and shooting that does not happen at the pin match.There are some young men shooting pins that would be able to give any one a run for their money.One day this thing called age will catch up to each and everyone of you if you are fortunate enough to live that long .By all rights I should not be here now.I am thankful for every day I am able to go to the range an still compete with you youngsters.

Tack Driver
May 14th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Fellows if I was able to move and run like I use to I would shoot your c4 matches but age and injuries have caught up with this old man.As far as stting on your ass and shooting that does not happen at the pin match.There are some young men shooting pins that would be able to give any one a run for their money.One day this thing called age will catch up to each and everyone of you if you are fortunate enough to live that long .By all rights I should not be here now.I am thankful for every day I am able to go to the range an still compete with you youngsters.

Hear, hear. No argument.

Never really was one, and that's the point.

Johnny
May 14th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Thanks Tack,i just would like to see more people come out and try the pin match.It is challenging and stressful.Any needs to shoot a real gun let me and I will bring an extra for them to try it.

NJC
May 14th, 2015, 02:39 PM
johnny,

Would 100 rounds get me through this ?

Johnny
May 14th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Yes njc it would ,I usally have a spare box .45acp with me you would be welcome to.They may not have the shoot tonight on account of the weather.You need anything to come out shoot let me know and I will see if I have it .Like sy I usually have two 45s and spare ammo with me in case someone needs it.We will be glad to have you.Your first match is free so come out when you can.

Dale Gribble
May 14th, 2015, 03:12 PM
NJC, for your first event, I would bring 5 mags and 150 rounds.

Its humbling to say the least.

Tack Driver
May 14th, 2015, 03:15 PM
johnny,

Would 100 rounds get me through this ?

AHAHAHAHAHA.

MF'er, have you looked outside? Psshhh. We know better.

NJC
May 14th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Dale,

I plan on being first round cannon fodder. 15 rounds should be fine ;-)

Johnny
May 14th, 2015, 03:27 PM
know that would not happen,Yes it has been flooding over here Tack.They were not sure about calling the match at 3pm they should know by 5pm if they are going to have it.NJC the offer stands if you shoot a 45 will make sure I bring enough ammo.If you need to borrow a 45 I have a very,very good spare you can use.

Johnny
May 14th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Tack,if it keeps thi rain up we will bring shotguns an waders to shoot ducks.

NJC
May 14th, 2015, 03:40 PM
got family stuff tonight, am planning on next thursday though and think i will shoot my HK45 as am doubtful a 9mm would even shake a pin

Johnny
May 14th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Njc,come on out next week.If you need ammo let know and I will bring extra.You are right the 9mm will not work on the pins.

Dale Gribble
May 14th, 2015, 03:57 PM
got family stuff tonight, am planning on next thursday though and think i will shoot my HK45 as am doubtful a 9mm would even shake a pin

Its double elimination, and sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut. And then their is the fun round afterwards.

Safety Guy
May 14th, 2015, 04:17 PM
How does one know what the fun round after the pin shoot will entail? Does everyone just bring all their guns with them?

Dale Gribble
May 14th, 2015, 04:20 PM
How does one know what the fun round after the pin shoot will entail? Does everyone just bring all their guns with them?

If it requires something other than your pin gun, its usually discussed before hand.

0utlaw
May 14th, 2015, 04:28 PM
:yup:

.357 fixes everything.

Johnny
May 14th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Yes 357 will work bgut use 158gr bullets up.Bring speed loaders for it

Johnny
May 14th, 2015, 04:33 PM
usually lately we have been changing up on fun shoot.your pin gun works fine.we sometimes shoot the plates also.

Safety Guy
May 14th, 2015, 04:48 PM
If it requires something other than your pin gun, its usually discussed before hand.

I only ask, because I have never seen it discussed. I guess i'll start asking about it when I get off my ass and decide to show up.

thedishdoc
May 16th, 2015, 03:14 PM
If NJC shows I will come shoot also. C4 guys stick together. :gunfire:

Tack Driver
May 16th, 2015, 04:36 PM
If NJC shows I will come shoot also. C4 guys stick together. :gunfire:

http://38.media.tumblr.com/78f5bac7102c50f01ca819716e802509/tumblr_inline_mm5a57luxr1r4g4dt.jpg

NJC
May 16th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Doc, I'm still down for Thursday. Lets Bang !

Midget... Im better looking than him...

thedishdoc
May 16th, 2015, 07:28 PM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/78f5bac7102c50f01ca819716e802509/tumblr_inline_mm5a57luxr1r4g4dt.jpg

You should show as well sir. You can run my gun if you feed it! As the current theme seems to be on this board, put up or shut up. Lol.

Tack Driver
May 16th, 2015, 07:30 PM
You should show as well sir. You can run my gun if you feed it! As the current theme seems to be on this board, put up or shut up. Lol.
It was a "Why are you starting shit?" look.

thedishdoc
May 16th, 2015, 07:48 PM
It was a "Why are you starting shit?" look.
No I would like to see some C4 guys come and decimate the pin course, that's all.

Tack Driver
May 16th, 2015, 08:10 PM
JMW has already done that. TS was a switch hitter too.

*snicker*

NJC
May 19th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Cant make it Thursday night guys, wife has something going on after work.

Maybe next time.

Johnny
May 19th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Ok

Johnny
May 20th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Come on out dishdoc you are c4 an decimate the pins if you can.

Jmoorewar
May 21st, 2015, 07:12 PM
I've only done 1 pin shoot myself. They are tons of fun. Will make more sooner or later.

NJC
May 21st, 2015, 08:09 PM
Yeah, it sucks I'm missing it, sounds like a good time but I will get there in a coupole of weeks hopefully.