PDA

View Full Version : pin shoot 4/16

Johnny
April 14th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Fellows I will not be able to make it for the match.I pull a stupid last Sat.am before daylight going turkey hunting,stepped into a hole twisted my right knee fell and slamed my left shoulder into the hard pan on the road.Needless to say that probably ended my turkey hunting for the year.I cannot as yet support a handgun with my weakside,so will try to make it next week.
Johnny

JMW4570
April 14th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Suck it up, Buttercup. Better bring a 9 so the force doesnt knock you over...

Johnny
April 14th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Haven't seen you dragging your carcass out .Hell I don't bounce like I used to.I guess 72yrs is catching up to me.

JMW4570
April 14th, 2015, 09:40 PM
I'm been busy with work and life but back in town this week and am sorry I'll miss you. Get well soon.

Rumbler
April 14th, 2015, 09:57 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that Johnny. if there is anything I can do to help . . . or we can do to help, I damned well expect to hear about it.

thedishdoc
April 15th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Damn Johnny that's rough buddy. Feel better sir.

Safety Guy
April 15th, 2015, 10:45 AM
If someone wanted to get involved in these activities, were would they start? Is there a calendar somewhere? Shooting pine trees and beer cans is fun, but I'm always looking for other options. It might be a good idea to put a sticky somewhere for new guys to read and get involved.

FLT
April 15th, 2015, 10:57 AM
7 pm every Thursday at Talon range . You don't have to be a member. First time shooters shoot for free.

Safety Guy
April 15th, 2015, 11:25 AM
7 pm every Thursday at Talon range . You don't have to be a member. First time shooters shoot for free.

that's a start. I believe there's a safety course and a signed wavier involved to be on the complex, yes? Can someone from Talon post procedures/rules for this weekly event?

Rumbler
April 15th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Yup. Every new shooter that wants to shoot on the property has to watch two videos and complete paperwork. It is available in person or online. If you plan to watch the videos and complete the paperwork at the range, show up about 30 minutes before you plan to shoot.

This has to be done only one time.

The match format is very simple; two shooters side by side starting at "low ready" and no more than six cartridges in the gun. On signal, the shooters engage five bowling pins on two tables (five pins for each shooter). There is no limit to the number of magazines, speedloaders, whatever, but there can be no more than six cartridges loaded into the handgun at a time.

The shooter who knocks all five of their pins off the table first wins the round. Normally it is run in a triple elimination format.

Safety Guy
April 15th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Perfect, thanks for the info guys.

Johnny
April 15th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Come on out an try it.Sorry I will not be there this Thur.due to old fartitius,stepping in hole before daylight and busting ass.

Mikec2003
April 16th, 2015, 06:47 PM
I won't make it either. Getting ready for snipers paradise

Tack Driver
April 16th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Is this still on? Asking for Jmoorewar.

Jmoorewar
April 16th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Is this still on? Asking for Jmoorewar.
I don't have the almighty .45 to do these anymore, the one time I went was fun as hell though.

Jmoorewar
April 16th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Oh, also tack, lick my taint.