PDA

View Full Version : Framed!!

Rumbler
April 4th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Started framing out the Talon Training low/no light shoot house today. Complete with reconfigurable walls.

You all are going to like this !!!!!!!!!! 8)

. . . well, you know; if you ever get off your butts and train. :P

JMW4570
April 5th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Awesome!

Triad
April 5th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Now THAT is cool!

Got any pics?

Rumbler
April 7th, 2013, 07:46 PM
No pix, unfortunately. :-[

But you are sure welcome to stop by and check it out! :) :)

BlueBronco
April 9th, 2013, 05:30 PM
I have been in Jax a few days.

Tack Driver
April 9th, 2013, 09:59 PM
I'm in the HD class on the 27th, so I'm assuming I'll get to see it in action, right?

Tack Driver
April 10th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Duh! All I had to do was read my newsletter that was in my inbox.

Yes, the new shoothouse will be used in the HD class on the 27th for those interested.

Rumbler
April 10th, 2013, 05:46 PM
8) 8) Working nights to get it finished. 8) 8)

It is 100% usable right now. Just building in a few . . . . challenges.

Though I did set us back a little last night - I screwed up and ended a room on the second floor where it should have continued on to be a much bigger room. :-[ :-[

Duh! All I had to do was read my newsletter that was in my inbox.

Yes, the new shoothouse will be used in the HD class on the 27th for those interested.

Rumbler
April 10th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Speaking of the newsletter . . .

you recognize that old codger shooting the AR-15 on the support side . . . right? 8) 8)

Tack Driver
April 10th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Yes, yeah, I saw that.

I'm looking forward to the class and the shoothouse.

Rumbler
April 11th, 2013, 06:39 AM
This really should be a good one. 'Everyone' is already talking about it at Talon.

And we did get 70,000 rounds of 5.56 in, so there will be no shortage of available ammo. 8)

Tack Driver
April 11th, 2013, 08:13 AM
This really should be a good one. 'Everyone' is already talking about it at Talon.

And we did get 70,000 rounds of 5.56 in, so there will be no shortage of available ammo. 8)

You know I won't shy away from shooting anything, but I really want to use the opportunity to run the shotgun and test it's new light/stock/safety setup. ;D

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j280/sstanley_photos/870%20Remington/IMAG0534_zps61bf1957.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j280/sstanley_photos/870%20Remington/IMAG0530_zps33f80e4d.jpg

t1ght_gr0up
April 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM
ammo included the price of this class?

Rumbler
April 11th, 2013, 07:36 PM
ammo included the price of this class?

Everyone is a comedian these days !! ;)

I can tell you that (providing they actually had some) Walmart can't touch the price Talon asks for their ammo. I'm 100% serious.

talon2
April 11th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Nice looking shotgun Scott! I have a couple cases of 8 pellet, low recoil, flight control Speer buckshot that will fit that nicely.

surfer5
April 11th, 2013, 10:40 PM
I can tell you that (providing they actually had some) Walmart can't touch the price Talon asks for their ammo. I'm 100% serious.

Wait, really? I drive to every WalMart in Tallahassee several mornings a week looking for ammo. Tell me more about this statement. Can I just stop by and buy stuff? When? You may have just simplified my entire life.

jonastio
April 12th, 2013, 02:07 AM
From what I understand, ammo sales are restricted to members of the range.

Tack Driver
April 12th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Nice looking shotgun Scott! I have a couple cases of 8 pellet, low recoil, flight control Speer buckshot that will fit that nicely.

You know I love Flight Control 00B. I'm pissed that the 1B has been out for months now and I can't get any of it.

HEY! I bet Y'ALL can! See if you can get it! Standby and I'll get you a part #.

Rumbler
April 12th, 2013, 09:53 AM
From what I understand, ammo sales are restricted to members of the range.

And students of Talon.

However.

Talon1 and Talon2 (both members here, by the way) are notorious for kicking their own butts trying to be nice, and helpful to, other folks.

. . as I evidence I hold up the fact that they tolerate me - daily. :-[

So, my suggestion would be that you contact either of them directly and ask about "general availability".

Tack Driver
April 12th, 2013, 02:44 PM
http://le.atk.com/ammunition/federal/buckshot/details.aspx?id=998

It's LE132-1B. Please see if you can get it. I think it is hands down the best anti-goblin shotshell around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNb2uvezzx0

talon2
April 12th, 2013, 11:05 PM
http://le.atk.com/ammunition/federal/buckshot/details.aspx?id=998

It's LE132-1B. Please see if you can get it. I think it is hands down the best anti-goblin shotshell around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNb2uvezzx0

I will attempt to source it Monday. Wow that sounds uppity. Lemme see if I can find some Monday.

Tack Driver
April 13th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Wow that sounds uppity.

That's what happens to people when they go off and get thier own shooting complex, training emporium, and holster conglomerate. ;D

Tack Driver
April 22nd, 2013, 01:12 PM
I'm getting antsy! Come on Saturday!

Rumbler
April 23rd, 2013, 06:43 AM
I'm getting antsy! Come on Saturday!

Tack, you should be. This is going to be a GREAT class.

The Israeli Defense Force commando guy said what we already knew: That airsoft/sims shoot house is just plain evil. ;D :) ;D :)

greg.sheppcbr@gmail.com
April 23rd, 2013, 01:19 PM
Did I miss something? When can I get a membership and start shooting!? this place looks amzing and its 10 minutes from my house.

Tack Driver
April 23rd, 2013, 02:05 PM
Did I miss something? When can I get a membership and start shooting!? this place looks amzing and its 10 minutes from my house.

http://www.talontraininggroup.com/Talon-Range

Just sign up on their site.

Rumbler
April 23rd, 2013, 09:35 PM
When I left this evening JD & Charlie were working hard to get the second story done. Knowing those two as I do it would not surprise me if it wasn't twice as evil as the first story.

God I love those guys. :) ;D :) ;D

Tack Driver
April 23rd, 2013, 10:04 PM
Worse than the Pat Thomas houses?

Rumbler
April 24th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Far far worse.

Honest. It is a nightmare. In fact it is several nightmares. I'm thinking the only folks who won't like it are the ones that expect to win every time.

I know that sounds bad (to the untrained) but you know what I mean (because you are NOT one of them); clearing a structure is an absolute last resort. For good reason. :o

Tack Driver
April 24th, 2013, 09:12 AM
was the house designed like a normal house would be, i.e. how a normal person would lay it out? Or was it designed like a sadomasochistic firearms instructor would want?

It's starting to sound like the latter. :o

With movable walls they can keep you on your toes session after session too. The houses at Pat Thomas, while there was no "good" way to clear them solo, I knew what I was going into and what to look for. Sounds like I will loose that luxury for the foreseeable future.

Rumbler
April 24th, 2013, 12:13 PM
was the house designed like a normal house would be, i.e. how a normal person would lay it out? Or was it designed like a sadomasochistic firearms instructor would want?

Tack pretty well nailed it. But it *is* meant at first glance to be like a normal house, it just has some sadomasochistic features. ;D

For instance; a large window, mounted slightly lower than one might expect. To facilitate old home intruder egress. 8)

It has a closet under the stairwell that is standard for lots of homes with stairs, with some definite sadomasochistic features. 8)

There are facilities to accommodate ATM robberies/assaults outside the "house". 8)

We are currently working on a new "Talon Tactical Darts" feature. 8) :o 8)

Tack Driver
April 24th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Please tell me you're coming in my window during this class. ;D >:( 8)

Rumbler
April 24th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Please tell me you're coming in my window during this class. ;D >:( 8)

Aww heck, you know me. If I do it will probably be after you though the room was clear and moved on. :-*

Tack Driver
April 24th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Aww heck, you know me. If I do it will probably be after you though the room was clear and moved on. :-*

I would expect no less. :)

WinterSoldier
April 24th, 2013, 02:35 PM
There's a REAL reason for the venerable cognomen "second story man" to signify a home burglar. In my experience (on the done to, not the doing to end of things) they are far more likely to come in an upstairs window than at ground level. Better get Rumbler a ladder with one of those automated ascender things they hawk on the TeeVee, and put him in through the RIGHT WINDOW! :-*

Tack Driver
April 26th, 2013, 05:13 PM
I'm too excited. I'm going to have to drink to sleep. :-\

Rumbler
April 26th, 2013, 09:48 PM
The second flood didn't get ~finished~ but Charlie built plenty of evil into it already. :P

Don't forget your FLASHLIGHTS. 8)