PDA

View Full Version : Bulletproof Mind

Rumbler
April 2nd, 2013, 09:30 PM
How can it be that I didn't post this already?!?! I am genuinely confused . . . :o

Anyway . . .

See Lt. Col. Dave Grossman in his Bullet Proof Mind for the Armed Citizen

April 6th, 2013

For those of you that have attended a Talon Training Class, you have heard us talk about Lt. Col. Grossman and his concepts. We recently attended his Bullet Proof Mind Seminar in Orlando and found out he is hosting a series around the country for Armed Civilians. This is in Orlando on April 6th. We are going to ask for a block of seats to the event. We need to know how many seats to reserve, so we are asking anyone who would like to go to contact Charlie at Charlie@TalonTraining.com to let him know.

The event is described at: SheepDogSeminars (http://app.expressemailmarketing.com/get.link?linkid=4853205&subscriberid=177791603&cam paignid=1336119&linkurl=http%3a%2f%2fsheepdogsemin ars.com%2fevent%2forlando-fl) and the cost of the event is $99. We would like to reserve the seats and ensure we can spend some time together. While we are there. Our plan is to travel down the night before and attend the event on Saturday, April 9th from 9:00 a.m. till 4:00 p.m. and then drive back. Several of our instructors will be there and we would be proud to have a number of our alumni attend as well.

This is not a hardware event, but, a software event. There will be no shooting, but, focuses on the mindset issues we stress so much. This is a chance to learn from our mentor himself. Col. Grossman has trained most of the military that have gone overseas to war in recent years and has trained internationally. He has authored several books that we glean much of our knowledge from. We can attest that his techniques work in the real world. We have applied them. His partner, Ken Murray, wrote the book, literally, on Reality Based Training, the scenarios we run in classes.

If you are interested, let Charlie know before the end of the week, Friday, March 1st, so he can reserve the seats. We will pay up front to hold them and you can pay us back at the same amount. We can work out hotel arrangements and food if you would like as well for a fee. We can find a restaurant the night before to host our group, depending on the size.

I am soooooo going to this !! I've read "On Killing" and "On Combat" and found them invaluable.

Seriously.

You carry a gun, and presume to be ready to use it. Excellent. Time to take the next step. This is it. Grossman is the real deal, you need to learn what he is willing to teach.

BearXD
April 3rd, 2013, 08:13 AM
Rumbler,

After responding to Talon1 with an affirmative response by 3-1-13 as stated, I haven't heard anything back on tickets reserved. Are you aware of ticket status?

I plan to attend even if on my own. I can visit with son at UCF to mix business with learning.

Bear

Rumbler
April 3rd, 2013, 08:24 AM
I will try and confirm that status with Charlie today.

I do know that so far about 10 folks are 'on the list' to go, just have no idea which ten folks. :-[

Rumbler
April 4th, 2013, 09:18 PM
He "believes" you are good to go.

. . . can't believe that most all you other folks are going to sit this out. You are nuts! :o

Rumbler,

After responding to Talon1 with an affirmative response by 3-1-13 as stated, I haven't heard anything back on tickets reserved. Are you aware of ticket status?

I plan to attend even if on my own. I can visit with son at UCF to mix business with learning.

Bear

JMW4570
April 5th, 2013, 02:33 AM
I would have loved to gone but working on my NRA Instructor Certificate this weekend with Greg.

Rumbler
April 5th, 2013, 06:27 AM
'guess I better take notes. :P

Triad
April 5th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Taking notes would be great. Unfortunately I can't make it either.

But I'd sure like to know how it went, and if you could post some notes, that would be awesome!

BearXD
April 10th, 2013, 08:54 PM
I've wrestled with what I wanted to say about the class not from hesitation, but from the need to process the depth and breadth of information which was packed into one day. I've drafted several thoughts but have decided on this:

My attendance at the Bullet Proof Mind for the Armed Citizen seminar last Saturday has mebetter equipped to deal with the realities of being an armed citizen -- Sheepdog! The day with Col. Grossman provided me with incredible mental tools to prepare myself for the impacts of the before, during and after a violent encounter. The tools provided are from a man who has either been there - done that, debriefed others who did, or were learned from his lifetime of service and training. The presentation was as a graduate level seminar without any pretense or airs. My only regret is that I didn't take pen and paper with me. I witnessed several folks filling many pages with their note taking.

I am already considering attending his Atlanta seminar and taking family members with me to attend. I consider the $99 spent to be an absolute deal for what attendees walk away with!

Thank you Talon for hooking me up with another fantastic training experience.