PDA

View Full Version : Gun show

Johnny
March 7th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Anyone go to the gun show today?????Was it your usual screw your buddy type or was it better?

JMW4570
March 7th, 2015, 04:10 PM
1st building plus less than 1/2 the second building. Prices - nothing to rush down there for.

I chuckled at this one. 1000 rounds of m855 for... wait for it....

$849.00!

AB
March 7th, 2015, 04:44 PM
I look at going to the gun show kind of like I looked a going to clubs in my college years. I'm paying the cover to hang out with friends, dance, and be somewhere. If I hooked up, it was a bonus. If I was actually looking to buy a gun, I'd make a booty call and skip going out altogether.

Rumbler
March 7th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Going to the gun show. Let me explain my feelings about that this way:

The last time I had to gave an internal gut picture "with contrast" taken there were several people in the room. The tech asked me: "would you like an enema?". I looked around the room, back at them, and said "probably not a good idea, there are not enough of you in here to do that to me."

crawdaddy34
March 7th, 2015, 04:54 PM
I look at going to the gun show kind of like I looked a going to clubs in my college years. I'm paying the cover to hang out with friends, dance, and be somewhere. If I hooked up, it was a bonus. If I was actually looking to buy a gun, I'd make a booty call and skip going out altogether.

I'd pay the cover to see you dance in the middle of the gun show.

AB
March 7th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Yeah, well, I'm not a college kid anymore! My dancin' days are over!

crawdaddy34
March 7th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Yeah, well, I'm not a college kid anymore! My dancin' days are over!

LMAO!

Mine are too. Until my 4th drink....

Billythekid
March 7th, 2015, 05:55 PM
I did see one deal on a pistol that may have been mislabeled. It was a diamondback db9 in the $260 range. This was new, not used. I ended up looking it up when I got home, and that is about what it cost at the dealer price. Still thinking about gettin it. I had a first gen model and liked it a lot. Paid more than $260 for it and it was used.

Jmoorewar
March 7th, 2015, 11:40 PM
I saw some pistols for great prices considering it was the gun show. Also got to see that new keltec .308. That's a heavy son of a bitch.

DeeselDave
March 8th, 2015, 09:32 AM
I went yesterday and it was pretty much same old thing. It did seem like handgun prices were better, but I didn't see anything to trip my trigger The ammo prices were a joke in the 5.56 areas. Some the remans with Georgia Arms were ok but more expensive than last time. I passed.
I did speak with a gentleman who was a private seller, with a real nice M1 Carbine, 10 mags and 500 rds of ammo. He wanted $1000 but wouldn't budge on the price. I almost took the jump but he was still shopping. The dealers were low balling him pretty bad.

Billy the Kid...the Sunday fish wrapper has an Academy flier with a Diamondback DB9MS 9mm for $299, in case the other turns out to be a mis-label. Yeah, I know..30 bucks is 30 bucks.

Best deal of the place was the pulled pork sandwich at the red trailer across from building 1. Those folks can do some ribs, too

FLT
March 8th, 2015, 11:00 AM
1st building plus less than 1/2 the second building. Prices - nothing to rush down there for.

I chuckled at this one. 1000 rounds of m855 for... wait for it....

$849.00! That must of been the GOLD tip stuff that you use to do zombies in with.:chinscratch: ;)

Billythekid
March 8th, 2015, 11:00 AM
It was gonna be less than $290 out the door on the DB9. $299 is still better than what I paid for my first one.

Chumbag II
March 12th, 2015, 08:16 PM
I picked up some ak mags from Ronsgun for $10 a piece.