PDA

View Full Version : Ammo available at Talon range?

WaffleBox
February 8th, 2013, 09:41 PM
I haven't been out to the range any of the Sundays its been open since getting my charter membership. Is ammo available for purchase there? I seem to remember somebody saying it was, but am not sure.

Triad
February 9th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Yep - prices are pretty good too (about same as Walmart). Doubt you will be able to get .223 though...

Rumbler
February 9th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Triad is right.

Talon has ammo for members and their guests. But the .223/5.56 . . . . history.

We got a pallet full and it was gone before it hit the shop floor. Seriously. :o

. . we do however have a couple of cases of .22LR in the trailer. :P

WaffleBox
February 9th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I only need 9mm anyway. Are we allowed to shoot rifles there yet? Last time I was out it was handguns only.

Triad
February 9th, 2013, 11:17 AM
I only need 9mm anyway. Are we allowed to shoot rifles there yet? Last time I was out it was handguns only.

No... but yes. Officially no, but it is being allowed. There are often folks with .223, 9mm carbines, 22 LR's, even AK's.

There is no long distance range available yet, but still, there are plenty of rifles being shot, for sighting in, testing, just enjoyment, etc.

WaffleBox
February 9th, 2013, 02:08 PM
No... but yes. Officially no, but it is being allowed. There are often folks with .223, 9mm carbines, 22 LR's, even AK's.

There is no long distance range available yet, but still, there are plenty of rifles being shot, for sighting in, testing, just enjoyment, etc.

I dunno how willing I am to break any rules with Rumbler around!

Rumbler
February 9th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Rumbler is fine as long as you do not shoot at him, or the steel targets.

'bout the farthest we can get right now is 25 to 30 yards. That is WAY too close to the steel to be shooting it with a rifle. Even a sissy 'lil poodle shooter. :-*

So everyone knows; the problem right now with the rifle range is not the range. There are nice berms at 100, 200, 300 and 400 yards.

But have you seen my camo Ford? Well, it takes that to get to that range. That or a bulldozer. 8) The road is being built, but lately it has been about hip deep in uck. Stinky uck. :P Because of the rain.