PDA

View Full Version : Rumbler Health Update (12/27/14)

Rumbler
December 27th, 2014, 07:07 PM
I'm not good at this (writing about myself in-depth), but you all deserve an update on me.

The expectation is that on or about the 14th of January I should be able to start treatment of the liver disease itself. It needs to be said right here that YOU and Triad and his wife Kathy are to thank for that. This far along in treatment of peripheral issues caused by (either directly or indirectly) the liver disease, it is very reasonable to conclude that without you ALL I would either be dead, or so close to it that it would be hard to tell I was not.

So I want ALL of you to remember the next time I piss you off; it is your own fault. :roflmao:

Treatment of these 'peripheral issues' has been a priority. The liver doctor wants me as healthy as I can reasonably get before starting the cocktail of drugs. By all accounts, it is a 24 week course of three medications at least one of which is likely to kick my ass real badly at least for the first two or three months.

By the way, FedEx dropped off ONE medication, One 30-day bottle of one of the three medications in my 'cocktail', with a retail value of $1068.99 PER PILL. Holy shit! Do the math on that, but not in mixed company - it is obscene!

Anyway . . .

Treating the peripheral issues successfully if temporarily has allowed me to go back to work irregularly and for very limited hours. But that helps me more than I can put into words. Talon is far far more than a job to me. You ALL have my most sincere thanks and gratitude for allowing me to do that. I'm not kidding.

Sincerely,
Mike
(Rumbler)

0utlaw
December 27th, 2014, 07:17 PM
You've got friends that are willing to do whatever they can for you Mike, unfortunately the hard part is on you, we are all here for you, you just keep fighting the good fight.

JMW4570
December 27th, 2014, 07:40 PM
:banana::grouphug:

YankeeFingergasm
December 27th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Very happy to hear things are moving along in a positive way. Don't over do anything and holler if you need anything.

Johnny
December 27th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Mike,if you need anything or me call me 210-2377 will do what I can .

seadog
December 27th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Great news Mike, I know you will push through it.
Let me know if you need anything.

rr53
December 27th, 2014, 09:32 PM
You got my number if you need a ride.

Fishtale
December 27th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Mike,

My Daddy always said that "good friends are better than money in the bank"! As you can see you have lots of good friends. Let me add my name to the list that are more than willing to help you in anyway I can. I personally feel that a good attitude is the best medicine. When the going gets rough a good attitude is hard to maintain. I have faith in you. Good LUCK and keep the faith.

seadog
December 27th, 2014, 10:21 PM
I agree wholeheartedly that attitude makes all the difference in the world.

Danman
December 27th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Great to hear - I am also a phone call away if you ever need anything.

mapper
December 28th, 2014, 12:05 AM
I'll help you any way I'm able..just let me know.
Keep the positive attitude...friends are just a call away.

HarleyBrent
December 28th, 2014, 12:51 AM
Ditto,I concur...all the above^^^

HURRICANE
December 28th, 2014, 07:00 AM
I agree wholeheartedly that attitude makes all the difference in the world.Positive attitude is extremely important, no matter the dings and doldrums.
Nothing but love, thoughts and prayers.!

simmoag
December 28th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Hang in there. The 24 weeks will be a but a speed bump in your life. We want you hangin' around for many years to come!!!

crawdaddy34
December 28th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Hey Mike, I'm truly glad to hear it's turning around.

I think you know me well enough by now to know...

Anything, anytime, anywhere brother.

bumblebee
December 28th, 2014, 01:37 PM
I will do what I can...but don't ask me to come over and hold your hair back while you are puking

mattb
January 3rd, 2015, 08:35 PM
Mike, if you need anything just let me know. That's the least I can do.

Dale Gribble
January 3rd, 2015, 10:08 PM
Mike take care. Use your brain, ask the doc the tough questions and listen. If I can be of any assistance just PM me.

Rumbler
April 28th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Mini update:

Went to the doctor today. He has finally approved me to start on the chemo-crap to (hopefully) kill, or at least arrest the Hep-C.

I can't believe how long it has taken to get to the point I have his approval to start the dang drugs; at least 7 months.

So, the long and the short of it is that for the next two to three months I will be sicker than I have been since this all started, but as counterintuitive as that may sound, in reality it is a very good thing. It means I can finally realistically hope for actual progress in getting my life back.

This not shooting/ not working stuff has honestly been about to get the best of me - I couldn't see an end point. Now, I at least know that in six months I'll be done completely with the chemo-crap and can start building my way back to "normal". . . or accept that they way it is is the way it is always going to be.

So . . . . YEA !!!!!!!:yay:

crawdaddy34
April 28th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Mini update:

Went to the doctor today. He has finally approved me to start on the chemo-crap to (hopefully) kill, or at least arrest the Hep-C.

I can't believe how long it has taken to get to the point I have his approval to start the dang drugs; at least 7 months.

So, the long and the short of it is that for the next two to three months I will be sicker than I have been since this all started, but as counterintuitive as that may sound, in reality it is a very good thing. It means I can finally realistically hope for actual progress in getting my life back.

This not shooting/ not working stuff has honestly been about to get the best of me - I couldn't see an end point. Now, I at least know that in six months I'll be done completely with the chemo-crap and can start building my way back to "normal". . . or accept that they way it is is the way it is always going to be.

So . . . . YEA !!!!!!!:yay:

Congrats on the light at the end of the tunnel brother.

And as always, anything, anytime, anywhere.

Tack Driver
April 28th, 2015, 06:53 PM
You know where to find us if we can help. ;)

Dale Gribble
April 28th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Hope is one of the most important parts of getting better. Glad you got your hope back.

seadog
April 28th, 2015, 07:07 PM
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

That's been an ongoing process in my life.

I know you'll spark up to the challenge and be the ornery fucker we all expect .

Rumbler
April 28th, 2015, 07:21 PM
Believe me Seadog, I plan to do my best. :P

seadog
April 28th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Cool beans

0utlaw
April 28th, 2015, 07:52 PM
We've got your 6 Mike, anything you need bro.

Tack Driver
April 28th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Cool beans

Please don't ever say that again.

NJC
April 28th, 2015, 08:51 PM
gay as a bucket of dicks in a room full of dudes !

also, Good news Rumbler, get well soon !!

seadog
April 28th, 2015, 08:58 PM
Please don't ever say that again.

Why?

seadog
April 28th, 2015, 09:14 PM
NJC,WE SHOULD MEET UP SOMETIME.

Gatorvet
April 28th, 2015, 09:21 PM
You can do it! (Rob Schneider voice from water boy)
:cool:

NJC
April 28th, 2015, 09:32 PM
NJC,WE SHOULD MEET UP SOMETIME.

come shoot with us at a C4 ?

seadog
April 28th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Works for me..

Tack Driver
April 28th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Why?

Just trying to help you out my friend. :goodjob:

Rumbler
April 29th, 2015, 07:49 AM
Awesome Sauce! You are a great guy, Tack. :roflmao::headbang:

:wiggle:

Johnny
April 29th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Hang in there you old goat.You are a tough old fart also.

seadog
April 29th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Just trying to help you out my friend. :goodjob:

Did cool beans just become gay or am I missing something???

Tack Driver
April 29th, 2015, 06:29 PM

Just in the last 3 or 4 years, yeah.

seadog
April 29th, 2015, 06:33 PM
I heard that saying from my grandfather and he was born in 1908. I hope the bees knees doesn't go to the wayside.

Tack Driver
April 29th, 2015, 06:34 PM
I heard that saying from my grandfather and he was born in 1908. I hope the bees knees doesn't go to the wayside.

LOL.

Bodo
April 29th, 2015, 06:45 PM
I don't care that's it's not cool with Tack. I like cool beans and continue to use it. So. There! Ya...

Dale Gribble
April 29th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Off topic police in 3 .. 2 ..

substratum
April 29th, 2015, 07:10 PM

Just in the last 3 or 4 years, yeah.

I remember college kids I was around 25 years ago saying it, so it must have had some staying power.

The "bees knees" thing is definitely a 1920s-30s expression, so someone born in 1908 would have been prime for picking that up.

My granddad lived 1888-1988, and he had all sort of dated expressions that I thought were cool. His favorite term of endearment for us grandkids was, "mutton heads". Most people don't even know what mutton is, these days.

Cattle/Horses
April 29th, 2015, 07:59 PM
"mutton heads". Most people don't even know what mutton is, these days.

Bet Bodo does. :)

seadog
April 29th, 2015, 08:10 PM
I used to ride on my grandfather's shoulders singing a song, a penny apiece.
The song goes as follows: We went to the Dallas fair , the birds and the bees were there,a shiny raccoon by the side of the moon was a combing his orbant hair, the monkey he got drunk and fell over the elephants trunk, the elephant sneezed and fell on it's knees, and that's what became of the monk ,monk,monk.

Johnny
April 29th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Where you moving to Seadog?

seadog
April 29th, 2015, 08:47 PM
I'm physically going away,but I'll still keep in touch on this forum.

I've enjoyed your company Johnny

Bodo
April 29th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Bet Bodo does. :)

hell no. Sheep are low class.

0utlaw
April 29th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Goat meat

Goat meat or goat's meat is the meat of the domestic goat. It is often called chevon or mutton when the meat comes from adults, and cabrito, capretto, or kid when from young animals. Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goat_meat)

Nutrition Facts
Goat, rawGoat, roastedGoat, roasted

Amount Per 3 oz (85 g)100 grams1 piece, cooked (yield from 1 lb raw meat, boneless) (340 g)3 oz (85 g)

Calories 122

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 2.6 g
4%

Saturated fat 0.8 g
4%

Polyunsaturated fat 0.2 g

Monounsaturated fat 1.2 g

Cholesterol 64 mg
21%

Sodium 73 mg
3%

Potassium 344 mg
9%

Total Carbohydrate 0 g
0%

Dietary fiber 0 g
0%

Sugar 0 g

Protein 23 g
46%

Vitamin A
0%
Vitamin C
0%

Calcium
1%
Iron
17%

Vitamin D
0%
Vitamin B-6
0%

Vitamin B-12
16%
Magnesium
0%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

0utlaw
April 29th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Well that didn't paste well..........

Bodo
April 29th, 2015, 09:08 PM
Never heard mutton refer to goats. Only sheep.

Like the expression "Mutton disguised as lamb"

0utlaw
April 29th, 2015, 09:10 PM
:dunno:

12bhunting
April 29th, 2015, 09:13 PM
I was brought up thinking a mutton was a young sheep. Never heard it used for goats.

0utlaw
April 29th, 2015, 09:15 PM
Me neither but Wikipedia wouldn't lie :nope:

substratum
April 29th, 2015, 09:17 PM
I used to ride on my grandfather's shoulders singing a song, a penny apiece.
The song goes as follows: We went to the Dallas fair , the birds and the bees were there,a shiny raccoon by the side of the moon was a combing his orbant hair, the monkey he got drunk and fell over the elephants trunk, the elephant sneezed and fell on it's knees, and that's what became of the monk ,monk,monk.

It's called The Animal Fair, a nursery rhyme. Apparently, it became widely known during the 1898 World's Fair. The lyrics morphed over time, and regionally, and it was taught to more recent generations via Captain Kangaroo and Barney. (undoubtedly without the drunk monkeys). There are dozens of versions of it on YouTube.

Seadog - Thanks for sharing the memory!

seadog
April 29th, 2015, 09:29 PM
It's called The Animal Fair, a nursery rhyme. Apparently, it became widely known during the 1898 World's Fair. The lyrics morphed over time, and regionally, and it was taught to more recent generations via Captain Kangaroo and Barney. (undoubtedly without the drunk monkeys). There are dozens of versions of it on YouTube.

Seadog - Thanks for sharing the memory!

It's one of the good good memoirs in my life

substratum
April 29th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Rumbler - glad to hear the treatments are getting underway! The only way to see the light at the end of a tunnel you need to pass through, is to get the journey started.

YankeeFingergasm
April 30th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Keep your chin up old man. You've been in other fights for your life, no reason this can't go your way also.