PDA

View Full Version : QUINCY LIONS CLUB ANNUAL TURKEY SHOOT

Johnny
November 19th, 2014, 10:08 AM
ALL OF YOU HOTDOGS ARE INVITED TO OUR ANNUAL TURKEY SHOOT ON DEC 6TH STARTING AT 9.00 AM -2.00 PM.COST IS 5 BUCKS A SHOT.BRING YOUR SHOTGUN AN HAVE FUN WINNING A TURKEY FOR CHRISTMAS.
if YOU DO NOT HAVE A SHOTGUN COME ANY WAY YOU CAN USE ONE OF MINE.ALL MONEY RAISED WILL BE USED IN COMMUNITY ALSO THE LEADER DOG PROGRAM FOR THE BLIND,EYE EXAMS AND GLASSES FOR THE NEEDY CHILDREN.
YES TACK I HAVE A 20GA THAT THE SMALLER PEOPLE CAN SHOOT IF THEY DO NOT FEEL THAT CAN HANDLE THE RECOIL OF A 12GA .
The location is on Hwy 90 west of Quincy just past Piggly Wiggly on the left next to Bradwell Moruarty.Look for the signs

Tack Driver
November 19th, 2014, 10:19 AM
LOL.

Thanks.

Johnny
November 19th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Come out if you can Tack I will have a 12ga &20 ga both are good

Tack Driver
November 19th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Come out if you can Tack I will have a 12ga &20 ga both are good

I'll check the schedule Johnny.

BTW, I've got a dozen shotguns. All 12ga except one. Thanks for worrying about my diminutive and demure shoulder though. :rolleyes:

Dale Gribble
November 19th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Johhny, how do turkey shoots work? You have so many turkeys and they go to the folks who hit closest to some sort of target?

fsustang03
November 19th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Dale turkey shoots work as most have the standard circle target and and the closest to the center of the target wins

Johnny
November 19th, 2014, 05:25 PM
That is correct the target is a x on a standard sheet of printer paper the closest pellet to the center wins,10 people shoot at the targets then they are pulled an exam' it is the old time way of having a turkey shoot.Back in the late 40's early 50s they tied a turkey buried in a hole with his head sticking up tied to a small post you shot with 22lr back then who killed the bird won that all changed .

bumblebee
November 22nd, 2014, 10:44 AM
Dang, Abby promotes to Lieutenant in Civil Air Patrol in 12/6. I may come up. Anyone got a .410?