PDA

View Full Version : AR15/Carbine Class... checking interest

Airgator0470
November 5th, 2014, 09:28 PM
I've had some interest expressed in the 2-day AR15 Class (Basic followed up by the Advanced) by some folks in Orlando... checking here to see if anyone on this site is interested in the 2-day class. Details can be found on my web site and the cost would be a flat rate $100.00. This will be a COMBINED COURSE with A LIMITED OPTION to attend just one day... unless you pay the entire course fee. It's just proven to be difficult running it mixed-matched...

Weather is cool now so if you've never taken a class and/or are new to the AR15 or just want to learn more about using the AR15/Carbine in a dynamic setting (self defense), this might be of interest to you.

TRAINING WILL BE IN AUCILLA.

As always, I have rifles and gear to loan for free to those who need it. If you're interested, just a SIMPLE reply will suffice...

Dale Gribble
November 5th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Depending on dates I am interested.

HarleyBrent
November 5th, 2014, 10:25 PM
interested

Airgator0470
November 5th, 2014, 10:47 PM
how much ammo for both days? where would the classes take place? dates?

About 150-200 rounds Saturday with about 350 on Sunday... while these are approximate estimates, the drills and training can be accomplished with less. I like to allow students the discretion on round counts on certain drills.

Location will be Aucilla.

No specific date set... just checking interest.

YankeeFingergasm
November 5th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Any special gear, magazine count? I've got an ar with fixed front sight and carry handle, no scope. Standard carbine hand guard no rails.

Here, let me google that for you. http://signal-0.com/Classes_AR15Basic.aspx

Airgator0470
November 5th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Any special gear, magazine count? I've got an ar with fixed front sight and carry handle, no scope. Standard carbine hand guard no rails.

Your rifle as is will be fine... 3 magazines will suffice, a sling is a must as well as a way to carry and access the magazines on your person. No high-speed/low-drag gear required.

Bodo
November 6th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Interested.

thedishdoc
November 6th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Interested.

Tack Driver
November 6th, 2014, 03:09 PM
First and foremost, if you haven't taken this class, you need to. It's just that simple. I have never seen such good bang for the buck in training.

Buuuuuttttttt Boooobbbbbbbbb...............

This will be a COMBINED COURSE with NO OPTION to attend just one day... unless you pay the entire course fee. It's just proven to be difficult running it mixed-matched...

Does this apply to repeats who have taken this class before?

JMW4570
November 6th, 2014, 03:30 PM
maybe - depends on date.

Airgator0470
November 6th, 2014, 04:06 PM
First and foremost, if you haven't taken this class, you need to. It's just that simple. I have never seen such good bang for the buck in training.

Buuuuuttttttt Boooobbbbbbbbb...............

Does this apply to repeats who have taken this class before?

As the HMFIC of Signal-0 Productions, I reserve the right to do what I want... therefore... exceptions are possible.

In all seriousness... it's difficult to mix/match classes at times. In the past, I've had to defer folks because true 2-day folks get priority seating for management purposes. Then there are those who skip the Basic portion and demonstrate poor performance and inadequate rifle manipulation skills during the Advanced class which slows down the training tempo... it's much smoother when folks take the 2-day class for what it's designed to accomplish.

BUT... I also realize many of you guys DON'T need the first day... If I schedule a class... I'll allow 2nd day only sign ups BUT those asking ONLY for day 2 risk getting bumped if true 2-day sign ups exceed 10... but honestly... I don't see that happening... as soon as I hear back from the Orlando group, I'll toss a few weekend choices out there.

Dale Gribble
November 6th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Bob, maybe you could follow this up in a month or many with a 2 day advanced class?

I'm in already if you do something like that.

However I will take whatever training is available, since I'm not HMFIC of anything.

Airgator0470
November 6th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Bob, maybe you could follow this up in a month or many with a 2 day advanced class?

I'm in already if you do something like that.

However I will take whatever training is available, since I'm not HMFIC of anything.

WOW... you must really have some ammo to burn...

Dale Gribble
November 6th, 2014, 04:16 PM
WOW... you must really have some ammo to burn...

I was going to borrow some of yours..

Its not about round count however, I think you can do a lot with 500 rounds split over 2 days.

Tack Driver
November 6th, 2014, 04:54 PM
As the HMFIC of Signal-0 Productions, I reserve the right to do what I want... therefore... exceptions are possible.

In all seriousness... it's difficult to mix/match classes at times. In the past, I've had to defer folks because true 2-day folks get priority seating for management purposes. Then there are those who skip the Basic portion and demonstrate poor performance and inadequate rifle manipulation skills during the Advanced class which slows down the training tempo... it's much smoother when folks take the 2-day class for what it's designed to accomplish.

BUT... I also realize many of you guys DON'T need the first day... If I schedule a class... I'll allow 2nd day only sign ups BUT those asking ONLY for day 2 risk getting bumped if true 2-day sign ups exceed 10... but honestly... I don't see that happening... as soon as I hear back from the Orlando group, I'll toss a few weekend choices out there.

Hollatchaboy.

Bodo
November 6th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Hollatchaboy.

It's almost like he's speaking English.

Tack Driver
November 6th, 2014, 05:59 PM
It's almost like he's speaking English.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/f6/59/9f/f6599f082dd251cef1292b9e57bc1e06.jpg

Bodo
November 6th, 2014, 06:24 PM

YankeeFingergasm
November 6th, 2014, 11:53 PM
I'm in and I've taken it twice. Also, as much as this pains me, I agree with Dale on the 2-day ADVANCED classes.

Dale Gribble
December 15th, 2014, 02:45 PM
How about a 2 day advanced class, get ready for our FALL class?

Tack Driver
December 15th, 2014, 03:05 PM
I'm asking as a noob...what do they say, admitting the problem is the first step to recovery. I'm certain the advanced skills would be lost on me without a proper foundation of the basics.

I need to do an appleseed too.

I would never encourage anybody to ever miss one of Bob's classes. The level of instruction and bang for the buck is top notch. That said, do the Appleseed first Bob's and Appleseed's schedules permit.

surfer5
December 15th, 2014, 03:09 PM
I've done Bob's basic twice and his advanced at least once (I think twice). I've also done Appleseed once. I agree with Tack in that I would recommend doing both if you can. However, if it were me, I would put Bob's class as a higher priority than Appleseed. Appleseed is great history and a lot of really useful drills to bring your groups together. But Bob's classes are much more aligned to what I think we will be seeing in October.

But I'm willing to concede that YMMV.

surfer5
December 15th, 2014, 03:20 PM
That seems about right. The second day was shorter. I think we left around 3:30 or 4:00.

Tack Driver
December 15th, 2014, 03:20 PM
I've done Bob's basic twice and his advanced at least once (I think twice). I've also done Appleseed once. I agree with Tack in that I would recommend doing both if you can. However, if it were me, I would put Bob's class as a higher priority than Appleseed. Appleseed is great history and a lot of really useful drills to bring your groups together. But Bob's classes are much more aligned to what I think we will be seeing in October.

But I'm willing to concede that YMMV.

Don't get me wrong, if I had to prioritize, for anything other than a new shooter, I would agree with all that.

Is appleseed 8-5? I don't see the time listed in the FAQ.

It's two full days.

waukeenahbob
December 16th, 2014, 05:33 PM
I am interested in Day 2 or an advanced class depending on the date

Danman
December 16th, 2014, 06:24 PM
I am also interested. Would help me prep for the class next year (if there is a 2nd class).

CoachLongShot
December 17th, 2014, 07:18 AM
I've had some interest expressed in the 2-day AR15 Class (Basic followed up by the Advanced) by some folks in Orlando... checking here to see if anyone on this site is interested in the 2-day class. Details can be found on my web site and the cost would be a flat rate $100.00. This will be a COMBINED COURSE with A LIMITED OPTION to attend just one day... unless you pay the entire course fee. It's just proven to be difficult running it mixed-matched...

Weather is cool now so if you've never taken a class and/or are new to the AR15 or just want to learn more about using the AR15/Carbine in a dynamic setting (self defense), this might be of interest to you.

TRAINING WILL BE IN AUCILLA.

As always, I have rifles and gear to loan for free to those who need it. If you're interested, just a SIMPLE reply will suffice...

Interested. I'd like to learn more.

Airgator0470
December 17th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Guys... after the holidays/New Year, I'll regenerate a thread reference a possible class. With my current work schedule, the holidays, and working on several other training projects, there won't be anything before Feb 1st... not enough cohesive interest expressed as of now.