PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions about renting guns

chenzzo
November 5th, 2014, 12:56 PM
First off, is there a list posted anywhere that details what guns are available for rent?

Also, how are the gun rentals priced?

I ask because my wife is looking for a new CCW and wants to try out (meaning actually put rounds downrange) some of the popular models before deciding. This is something we did not do in the past and why we're now looking for a new gun.

This info might be on the Talon site somewhere but I was missing it if it was.

Thanks!

and if you don't want a list of what firearms are on site for liability reasons, I completely understand, but maybe a PM?

Tack Driver
November 5th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Post up if something she wants to try isn't available. I bet between the lot of us we can scare up just about anything.

Well, except an R51 or a joke Seadog will get.

chenzzo
November 5th, 2014, 01:53 PM
roger that.

Rumbler
November 5th, 2014, 02:43 PM
The "how the rentals work":

By the day. "Day" defined from the time you get there until the range closes at 9:00PM.

You can rent one pistol for $10.00 (plus ammo, and you are welcome to buy that wherever you chose to - doesn't have to be Talon ammo)
ALL the pistols, usually two at a time, for $50.00 (plus ammo, and you are welcome to buy that wherever you chose to - doesn't have to be Talon ammo)

At My last count there were over 35 pistols available for rental. The vast majority of them, probably 30 out of 35, are the "hot" concealment pistols currently. Including that so ugly it is cute G42.:)

We also have a variety of long guns for varying rates. All the way from poodle shooter, to shotguns, to Mosins.

Jafar
November 5th, 2014, 03:49 PM
When people ask where the safety on the Mosin is, is it required to say; "Is Mosin, is not safe."

chenzzo
November 5th, 2014, 03:53 PM
When people ask where the safety on the Mosin is, is it required to say; "Is Mosin, is not safe."

I already got a Mosin she can shoot, if I want to inflict that on her!

chenzzo
November 5th, 2014, 03:54 PM
The "how the rentals work":

By the day. "Day" defined from the time you get there until the range closes at 9:00PM.

You can rent one pistol for $10.00 (plus ammo, and you are welcome to buy that wherever you chose to - doesn't have to be Talon ammo)
ALL the pistols, usually two at a time, for $50.00 (plus ammo, and you are welcome to buy that wherever you chose to - doesn't have to be Talon ammo)

At My last count there were over 35 pistols available for rental. The vast majority of them, probably 30 out of 35, are the "hot" concealment pistols currently. Including that so ugly it is cute G42.:)

We also have a variety of long guns for varying rates. All the way from poodle shooter, to shotguns, to Mosins.

thanks Rumbler, I was wondering about an "all the pistols" option, rather than paying for them all separately. That's what I needed to know!

FLT
November 5th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Post up if something she wants to try isn't available. I bet between the lot of us we can scare up just about anything.

Well, except an R51 or a joke Seadog will get.
Tack I can get a R51 to try out . On that other thing I'm afraid you're on your own.

Tack Driver
November 6th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Tack I can get a R51 to try out .

I'd love that opportunity.

On the other, I've got a team working on it.

NJC
November 7th, 2014, 10:37 PM
I'd like a Glock 7. It's a porcelain gun that passes through an X-Ray machine. It costs more than you earn in a month.

Rumbler
November 7th, 2014, 10:40 PM
I'd like a Glock 7. It's a porcelain gun that passes through an X-Ray machine. It costs more than you earn in a month.

Oh! One of these!

http://nehandaradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/StandardToilet.jpg

Johnny
November 8th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Rumbler that picture looks like a real glock.

FLT
November 8th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Or maybe a Glock holder?

substratum
November 8th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Oh! One of these!

http://nehandaradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/StandardToilet.jpg
I don't know much about Glocks, but always thought they were ambidextrous.

Rumbler
November 8th, 2014, 01:54 PM
I don't know much about Glocks, but always thought they were ambidextrous.

Na. That is an urban legend. Like them being "perfect". ;)