PDA

View Full Version : Are we shooting Pins

Johnny
October 15th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Are we shooting pins tomorrow evening.I plan on being there.How about the rest of you,Flt,Harley,Bob, ect.

Mikec2003
October 15th, 2014, 05:33 PM
You know I'll be there. Hopefully more people will show, we got all those donated winnings for new shooter entry fees

Johnny
October 15th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Maybe slackass will show,dishdoc if he has not been in the Ike aide,every one knows Tack won't show.

thedishdoc
October 15th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Ouch...I get off work at 4:30 and face an hour drive home. The three hour wait between when I get off and when the match even starts is a issue for me, on top of the hour drive home. I can get a lot done at the house in those three hours. And the list is long. That's why I've never made a night C4 shoot. I'll get up early and head into the field and arrive on time but waiting around for 3 hours kinnda sucks.

thedishdoc
October 15th, 2014, 10:55 PM
There is one other factor. I love shooting games! We try all kinnda shit around my place. But as we all know shooting lots of rounds is expensive! I remember a thread on here where there was a C4 vs pins guys xchange and somebody said "Yea they lay their mags out on barrels and shit". I thought about that and so I figured I'd go to some C4 shoots to check out the dark side. I kinnda like those shoots also. And since time and ammo are limited on this end, it's crimped my pin shoot time.
I do want to come out and run that new trigger I got on the H&K. The reset is awesome!

Johnny
October 16th, 2014, 07:37 AM
come out when you can.I know what you are talking about with all of that driving.

Ken
October 16th, 2014, 10:00 AM
I'm going to try and make it tonight. I'm still packing to depart for South Dakota at O-dark-thirty tomorrow morning for my annual pheasant hunt. We'll see.

Evil_McNasty
October 16th, 2014, 10:59 AM
I'm still packing to depart for South Dakota at O-dark-thirty tomorrow morning for my annual pheasant hunt. We'll see.

That sounds like a great trip. Tear em up.

Johnny
October 16th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Good luck ,Ken

jonastio
October 16th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Was gonna, but Wifey wasn't feeling too hot when I got home. Needed kid coverage.

Jmoorewar
October 17th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Was gonna, but Wifey wasn't feeling too hot when I got home. Needed kid coverage.
I get that excuse all the time. But my wife is normaly full of shit. But she just went on her second trip to Miami with no kids this year. Guess how many kidless trips I've been on in the past 7 years? Oh that's right 0. So next c4 day shoot if she runs her yap I'll sew that bitch shut.

0utlaw
October 17th, 2014, 10:27 PM
I get that excuse all the time. But my wife is normaly full of shit. But she just went on her second trip to Miami with no kids this year. Guess how many kidless trips I've been on in the past 7 years? Oh that's right 0. So next c4 day shoot if she runs her yap I'll sew that bitch shut.
You ain't gotta hit 'em.....but they got to flinch :yup:

Mikec2003
January 8th, 2015, 06:17 PM
So...we shooting tonight? or is everyone gonna stay inside and keep their vaginas warm?

Rumbler
January 8th, 2015, 06:24 PM
I haven't a clue, Mike.

You can call the range, but I suspect the answer you will get will be "if anyone shows up".

Mikec2003
January 8th, 2015, 10:48 PM
well, we came, we saw, we lost to ken.

I don't like shooting a Glock in the freezing cold.

You guys really need to get in on this thing, it's loads of fun, only costs $10, first time's free.

Ken
January 9th, 2015, 07:25 PM
well, we came, we saw, we lost to ken (*1).

I don't like shooting a Glock in the freezing cold.

You guys really need to get in on this thing, it's loads of fun (*2), only costs $10, first time's free.

*1 - Well, that's not completely true. While I did best a couple of folks (there were only 5 of us), in the final analysis, it was Tyler who whipped me. That'll teach me to bring a gun I haven't shot in a while.
*2 - Yes, more people need to get in on this. I know some folks poo-poo it. Just standing there, blasting away, reloads from the table (optional - you can do it however you want), blah, blah, blah. Hell folks, it's shooting. Man-on-man. A little stress thrown in. Pure sight alignment/trigger control. Basic fundamentals. And it downright fun. Heaven forbid anyone have fun at this stuff. This is serious shit, you know. Practicing for the apocalypse and all. Who the heck wants to have FUN??

Mikec2003
January 9th, 2015, 09:11 PM
oh, shit you're right, shows how much attention I pay sometimes.

but yeah, sometimes you just gotta have fun with it.

Johnny
January 9th, 2015, 09:34 PM
Fellows I plan on being back this next week,baring any problems.I have had my share for the last three weeks.

12bhunting
January 9th, 2015, 09:34 PM
So how does this work? Are yall shooting full size pins with a pistol? What is the yardage ect?

Mikec2003
January 9th, 2015, 09:39 PM
Two 4x4 tables are set up 25 feet from the shooter, each table has 5 pins lined up side by side, two shooters go to the line, there is a table for each, you put your spare mags where you want, load 6 into each mag, load the gun, start at the low ready, and when the "go" command is given, begin firing until all your pins are off the table. First to clear the table wins.

you can have as many mags as your heart desires, and use any handgun up to 44 mag. just no more than 6 in any magazine

Ken
January 10th, 2015, 12:07 AM
It's also revolver friendly, i.e., shooters loaded with 6. Big bore/heavy bullets are an advantage, whether semi or revolver, but you still have to hit them and knock them off the table. Last night a .357 mag sent them flying. And blinded everyone with 100 yards. :D

Mikec2003
January 10th, 2015, 12:22 AM
that did throw quite the fireball