PDA

View Full Version : the trim pro is getting dusty

mapper
October 10th, 2014, 10:08 PM
The trim pro is getting dusty these days..
The mailman dropped another one of these off..
http://www.ctstrimmer.com/85-thickbox_default/gen2-case-insert.jpg
It goes in this
http://www.ctstrimmer.com/101-large_default/cts-power-trimmer.jpg

I like these as the trim length can be set and held with a set screw, just like a die lock ring..
I have had the trim pro go out of adjustment when using a drill to power it..before I got this

I asked jim at cts about a trimmer for 22 tcm, and he said while he was not familiar with the cartridge he would explore it, but it may be in a drill powered trimmer due to case length..

Good products, good customer service, and made in ocala..

Oh, and yes I really like the trimmer, and I understand that there are other options that may work better and/or cheaper but this one works extremely well for my setup and needs, as measuring/ trimming brass was a chore for me before, now it is a simple part of the process that gets done everytime..and that was what I was going for.

The motor in it is a direct drive hitachi, with a thumbwheel on the bottom, and the cutter is a 4 flute end mill bit..it is quiet, well built and well thought out. The shavings go in the trimmer, not the brass, and there is no capicitor start, and it cuts clean. I'll still keep the trim pro, and use it for small volume (or if a insert is not available) as it is versatile.. but it is getting dusty..as I use the cts..

This, a rcbs chargemaster, and a 5 station case prep tool makes the tedious aspects of prep/ loading pleasurable for me.

Airgator0470
October 10th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Charles... next time you come out, bring that 22 TCM I'd like to see it close up.

Rumbler
October 10th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Wow! When I grow up I want one of those !!!!!! :headbang:

Jmoorewar
October 11th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Charles... next time you come out, bring that 22 TCM I'd like to see it close up.
Me to. I want to own one.