PDA

View Full Version : Mike's GoFundMe Page

Highlander
September 22nd, 2014, 11:39 AM
Wow! Everyone has been so generous! Thank you all so much!

However, the GoFundMe account stalled over the weekend. There were no contributions for two days. There have been a few donations posted this morning since my update but Mike is still in dire need of help with his immediate medical expenses.

Please folks, consider re-posting this page and sharing with friends. If you are able to help out in any way please do so.

Thanks again for all that everyone is doing! What an outstanding group of folks to rally around Mike like this!

http://www.gofundme.com/ekpe1c

Highlander

Triad
September 22nd, 2014, 02:29 PM
Great work Highlander! The go fund me account is so important since it will give Mike day-to-day living expenses, etc., and especially a method of paying out-of-pocket, upfront, get in the door medical expenses. Last Friday he had to write a check at the urology center before they would even treat him and that was $150.

The bill for the Procedure, (kidney stones) will apparently be $2200. This is an example of what Mike is up against, having no insurance. The fund I am working on, the tax-deductible designated fund is set up to pay The major medical bills. We will be working on trying to set up monthly payments and deferrals, but that's another issue altogether.

i'm glad you've got the go fund me account back up and running from it's stall. Good work man!

Bodo
September 23rd, 2014, 06:37 AM
Heard Preston Scott talk about this yesterday morning. Any traction from that?

Highlander
September 23rd, 2014, 08:13 AM
Preston and Will have both mentioned it on air and I've seen small, temporary up-ticks in activity when that happens, but nothing consistent.

Rumbler
September 23rd, 2014, 08:18 AM
They apparently got the word out (or someone did) to the people at FSU I used to work with on the Navy project. There is a pretty impressive list of administrators and PhDs forming on that page.

You guys . . . . amazing just doesn't even begin to describe you. :o