PDA

View Full Version : 300 blackout ar-15 benefit build for rumbler

mapper
September 17th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Rumbler needs our help,
I was looking around and found some new ar 15 parts I had and the best use for them I can come up with for them is a rumbler build..
If we could get donated items to do a build, it would be added to the auction to benefit rumbler.

Looks like it will be a nice 300 blackout....
Complete with reloading components, powder and dies, 7 mags, and a optic, in FDE tan (upper/lower/barrel) the flash hider, stock, handguard and controls in black

List of donated parts:
Builder (talon2) a big, big, thanks....

I'll donate a new stripped upper, a new psa lpk, f/a, and port cover and small parts, and a new anderson stripped lower to the cause.(as well as a pmag) (mapper)

2 gi mags-(dale gribble)

4 pmags-(Danman)

a pound of w296 powder-(jmw4570)

Set of RCBS AR series small base dies and shellholder in 300 blk (anonymous )

A keg (4lbs)
of red dot powder (anonymous)

gas tube, A2 front sight, front grips, delta ring, buffer tube, buffer, buffer spring, stock and any spring, detent or pin that's needed. -( seadog)

I'll provide the 16" .300 BLK barrel and cerrakote. (Talon2)

I will donate 250 pieces of my 300 blackout brass, 250 cci small rifle primers, 250 barrier bullets (one rumblers favorite bullets) 130gr OTM (which makes a great hog killer round). (Marcus6176)

Bcg and charge handle (harleybrent)

I have an almost new Primary Arms scope I can donate. It's the zero magnification one that is like an AimPoint. In fact, the rubber AimPoint cover fits it. -(surfer5)

This will be a nice package...and with the powder, components, and dies make the ammo cost/availibility a non issue, so if anyone was holding off on getting a blackout for those reasons, it is not a concern.. (thanks marcus, jim, and anon donor for that)

I would like to run this concurrently with the auction.

http://forum.capitalcitygunforum.com/showthread.php?6242-*Rumbler-Fund-Raiser-Auction*&p=104149#post104149

This place is great...the community is what sets it apart..

A big Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen

mapper
September 19th, 2014, 02:15 PM
So this can be a rifle at this point....
And while the lower is stamped 223/5.56mm, I think it can be other calibers as well...
Since it was a lower only on the form....and not designated as a pistol or rifle..

Dale Gribble
September 19th, 2014, 02:17 PM
It should be in 300 blackout if we are doing a Rumbler Build.

mapper
September 19th, 2014, 02:29 PM
When I said rumbler build, I was not necessarily stating caliber, or configuration. Mainly that it was a build with proceeds to benefit him.

Whatever parts are donated would dictate what is built...

But if a blackout barrel gets donated.......

Dale Gribble
September 19th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Oh I know. I wish I had extra parts, but I will put in 2 new steel USGI mags for the effort.

JMW4570
September 19th, 2014, 03:08 PM
I think it should be dipped in pink camo...

Jmoorewar
September 19th, 2014, 03:14 PM
I have a regular grip if the lpk is missing that. I replaced mine. I don't have the screw to attach it to the lower tho.

mapper
September 19th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Lpk has grip, it was opened when I got it, and I had someone check it, they said it was all there..
But posted it like I did incase it was missing any small parts, springs, detents, etc..

mapper
September 19th, 2014, 03:22 PM
I think it should be dipped in pink camo...
Wow, thanks!
I didn't know you did hydrodipping :)

Highlander
September 19th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Wow, thanks!
I didn't know you did hydrodipping :)

Awesome offer Jim!

*snicker*

JMW4570
September 19th, 2014, 03:45 PM
I'll donate a pink Sharpie!

Highlander
September 19th, 2014, 03:56 PM
I'll donate a pink Sharpie!

:goodjob:

seadog
September 19th, 2014, 04:04 PM
I will throw in a gas tub, A2 front sight, front grips, delta ring, buffer tub, buffer, buffer spring, stock and any spring, detent or pin that's needed.

Highlander
September 19th, 2014, 04:07 PM
I will throw in a gas tub, A2 front sight, front grips, delta ring, buffer tub, buffer, buffer spring, stock and any spring, detent or pin that's needed.

Way to go Seadog!

mapper
September 19th, 2014, 04:12 PM
I will throw in a gas tube, A2 front sight, front grips, delta ring, buffer tube, buffer, buffer spring, stock and any spring, detent or pin that's needed.
Fantastic....

Seems like bcg/ch/barrel are left..

seadog
September 19th, 2014, 04:59 PM
I sure fucked that post up. I attempted to reply with quote, but I lost it, only to have it appear in the original post.

talon2
September 19th, 2014, 10:18 PM
I'll provide the 16" .300 BLK barrel and KG gun kote. Whom ever wins the auction gets to choose from Black, OD green, or FDE. If they want another color we can work something out.

mapper
September 19th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Fantastic...!

If you can get up with seadog, about any gas tube/ buffer parts related to the barrel,
I'll get up with him and get the parts to you...

Sounds like a flash hider, charging handle, and bcg are the only thing left..

marcus6176
September 20th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Since it is going to be a 300 blackout. I will donate 250 pieces of my 300 blackout brass, 250 cci small rifle primers, 250 barrier bullets (one rumblers favorite bullets) 130gr OTM (which makes a great hog killer round).

mapper
September 20th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Marcus Thanks for the contribution of the components....this is turning into a very nice rifle...the components will make great ammo and lower the cost greatly, of keeping it fed. This seems to be one of the few drawbacks to the caliber..ammo and brass expense..(that has been what kept me from adopting one)

Thanks for solving that!

jonastio
September 20th, 2014, 01:19 PM
HarleyBrent is donating the BCG and the charging handle. He will post about it when he gets home.

mapper
September 20th, 2014, 01:23 PM
:D
Fantastic...big thanks harley brent....for the bcg/ch..

Danman
September 21st, 2014, 04:14 PM
Put me down for four NIW P-Mags.

mapper
September 21st, 2014, 04:27 PM
Great!
7 mags so far....

Dies and a little powder to load the components would make a really tempting package...

surfer5
September 21st, 2014, 08:19 PM
I have an almost new Primary Arms scope I can donate. It's the zero magnification one that is like an AimPoint. In fact, the rubber AimPoint cover fits it.

If it will help the value of this rifle, it's yours.

ETA: it's like this:

http://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_30mm_Red_Dot_p/primary-arms-30mm-red-dot.htm

talon2
September 21st, 2014, 08:56 PM
O.K. guys the parts have been delivered to my shop, and the barrel is on the way. To save time I am thinking about going ahead and coating the upper, lower and barrel FDE Tan. The stock, hand guard, flash hider and controls will remain black. I think the contrast will look good. What say you?

jonastio
September 21st, 2014, 09:02 PM
That sounds like fun. Do we know anyone in the area that can engrave the lower?

JMW4570
September 21st, 2014, 09:03 PM
Great!
7 mags so far....

Dies and a little powder to load the components would make a really tempting package...

I'll toss in a pound of H296 (H110). Jim

JMW4570
September 21st, 2014, 09:04 PM
That sounds like fun. Do we know anyone in the area that can engrave the lower?

Why?

Dale Gribble
September 21st, 2014, 09:06 PM
I'll bring my two mags for the project to talon tomorrow.

0utlaw
September 21st, 2014, 09:09 PM
O.K. guys the parts have been delivered to my shop, and the barrel is on the way. To save time I am thinking about going ahead and coating the upper, lower and barrel FDE Tan. The stock, hand guard, flash hider and controls will remain black. I think the contrast will look good. What say you?

I'd do OD and black if it were me........ but I'm gonna bid on it either way.

JMW4570
September 21st, 2014, 10:02 PM
I'd do OD and black if it were me........ but I'm gonna bid on it either way.

FDE/Black good, OD/Black better, Hot Pink Camo Best! Them piggies will be so confused right up to the.. (Oh crap...) Bang.. Lights out.

talon2
September 21st, 2014, 10:20 PM
I ain't doing pink or purple for that matter :cooler:

mapper
September 21st, 2014, 10:30 PM
Talon2, however you want to do it is great...thanks!....
It will be a very nice rifle, that is certain..

mapper
September 21st, 2014, 11:17 PM
I'll toss in a pound of H296 (H110). Jim

Big thanks on the powder jim..
An Anonymous donor took care of the dies....

It is tempting....and a nice package,

JMW4570
September 22nd, 2014, 08:19 AM
I ain't doing pink or purple for that matter :cooler:

I'm just mess'n with you. You're putting it together, coat it with whatever color you want. I'm sure the having a custom paint job will only add to the value. Get'r done.

Tack Driver
September 22nd, 2014, 04:44 PM
O.D.

But I like the color assignment on the parts. That shit'll look good in any of the common camo colors.