PDA

View Full Version : GREAT day on the range today.

Rumbler
November 18th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Sure wish a lot more of you folks had been there. ;D ;D

The weather was nothing short of super, turnout was good, and the plates were ringing like Christmas bells. 8)

Triad
November 18th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Yeah, Boy Howdy what a great day! Man the weather was just super and quite a few new faces turned up. Got to meet wheelman and shoot a lot of his great guns, and met several other folks. There is something special about Talon and the people there - it's just a really friendly place. A guy showed up with his little daughter who he was teaching to shoot. He had forgot to buy .22 ammo and asked some of us if he could buy some from us since somehow Talon didn't have any for sale at the time. One guy said, nope, won't sell it, but I'll give it to you. I grabbed a full box and gave it to the guy - didn't even know his name, but the place and the people are just inspiring. People share their toys - let you shoot their guns, give good advice and are just friendly as can be. Just being able to hang out, talk guns and techniques is a great asset. Then of course, there is the range-master who is full of great advice. This is yet another unsolicited endorsement of Range Master Rumbler, whose style is easy going yet careful. But yeah, what a purty day and a whole heap of fun at the Talon Range. Cool.

BearXD
November 18th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Finally made it out today. Beautiful day for it. Enjoyed sharing range time with ya Triad AND the time shared with the wheel guns. I, unfortunately, have not made sufficient time to keep the skills up but having access to Talon's range AND instruction will get me over the hurdle.

This facility and its management is gonna take the shooting sport to a whole 'nother level for Tallahassee and surrounding areas. I'm glad to be a part of it!

wheelman
November 19th, 2012, 11:54 AM
+1

A good time was had by all.

Great atmosphere for sure.