PDA

View Full Version : Bowling pins match

Johnny
August 12th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Well,since we are out of pins what are we going to shoot Thursday evening?????? Any ideas anyone??

talon2
August 12th, 2014, 08:22 PM
We have pins Johnny.

Johnny
August 13th, 2014, 08:08 AM
My mistake,Talon2,When I talked to Rumbler Sunday he said we were out of Pins.What is the fun match this week?

talon2
August 13th, 2014, 07:57 PM
No Problem Johnny, Rumbler was unaware that pin Santa had delivered more.

Johnny
August 13th, 2014, 09:10 PM
I believe in Santa Claus,damn that old fat man came thru

Rumbler
August 21st, 2014, 05:19 PM
Hey all.

Match is scheduled in an hour and fourty five minutes.

About ten minutes ago it started storming (complete with thunder and lightning).

Before we spend an hour out there setting stuff up we needd to know that if we do that we will not be sitting here wondering where everyone is.

SO . . . . are you guys going to come shoot or not . . . ????

Tack Driver
August 21st, 2014, 05:20 PM
"If you build it, they will come" doesn't work in this situation?

crawdaddy34
August 21st, 2014, 05:22 PM

Why the quotation marks bro?

Dale Gribble
August 21st, 2014, 05:23 PM
I won't be coming.

Mikec2003
August 21st, 2014, 05:24 PM
Because its a quote, and that is what quotation marks are for.

I wont be there. Im 1200 miles away

crawdaddy34
August 21st, 2014, 05:27 PM
Because its a quote, and that is what quotation marks are for.

I wont be there. Im 1200 miles away

Who's he quoting???

Mikec2003
August 21st, 2014, 05:29 PM
Field of dreams

Tack Driver
August 21st, 2014, 05:32 PM
Who's he quoting???

It's a 1989 movie that kids would have watched, so don't give me that shit.

http://idahobotanicalgarden.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/field-of-dreams-cornfield.jpg

Rumbler
August 21st, 2014, 05:37 PM

Ordinarily it would. Historically speaking we setup whether anyone shows up or not.

But this is GSSF weekend, we are trying to get prepared for 400-650 people.

. . . hell, I didn't even get my Thursday nap. :jawdrop:

Tack Driver
August 21st, 2014, 05:39 PM
My hat's off to you for the work y'all are putting into GSSF.

Dale Gribble
August 21st, 2014, 05:41 PM
. . . hell, I didn't even get my Thursday nap. :jawdrop:

Fruck bro.

crawdaddy34
August 21st, 2014, 05:59 PM
It's a 1989 movie that kids would have watched, so don't give me that shit.

http://idahobotanicalgarden.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/field-of-dreams-cornfield.jpg

Oh....

I see now.

You were miss-quoting a movie. Got it.

JMW4570
August 21st, 2014, 06:02 PM
So is it a go or not? Jim

crawdaddy34
August 21st, 2014, 06:03 PM
Field of dreams

Negative.

He did however miss-quote The Voice from Field of Dreams.

JMW4570
August 21st, 2014, 06:15 PM
Is the match on or off tonight?

Tack Driver
August 21st, 2014, 06:27 PM
Oh....

I see now.

You were miss-quoting a movie. Got it.

Negative.

He did however miss-quote The Voice from Field of Dreams.

Fruck. Rep'd.

Rumbler
August 21st, 2014, 06:28 PM
OK. The field is built.

Looking forward to seeing you, Tack.:)

thedishdoc
August 21st, 2014, 10:54 PM
I had to go to Panama City for work today. The drive back eastbound for close to 100 round trip miles didn't add up for me.

Rumbler
August 22nd, 2014, 09:28 PM
I had to go to Panama City for work today. The drive back eastbound for close to 100 round trip miles didn't add up for me.

It is OK Doc. Tack wimped out too. ;)

thedishdoc
August 22nd, 2014, 10:48 PM
No wimp here brother. I got home and mounted the new scope on the target .22. Getting it dialed in at 200 is on the roster. Me and the neighbor cut cards at 50 with .22 rifles. Moved to 100 and couldn't do it.

Tack Driver
August 23rd, 2014, 12:43 AM
It is OK Doc. Tack wimped out too. ;)

Yeah, that didn't happen.

Rumbler
August 23rd, 2014, 06:22 AM
No wimp here brother. I got home and mounted the new scope on the target .22. Getting it dialed in at 200 is on the roster. Me and the neighbor cut cards at 50 with .22 rifles. Moved to 100 and couldn't do it.

FWIW Doc, I had to do a 20MOA mount on my Savage to get enough elevation to not be at the top end of the adjustment on my optic at 200. That is a 1" tube. If yours is 30MM you may fare better . . .

Yeah, that didn't happen.

So much for "if you build it they will come". See if I ever believe anything else you ever say. Ever. :moon:

:roflmao::roflmao:

Tack Driver
August 23rd, 2014, 09:20 AM

So much for "if you build it they will come". See if I ever believe anything else you ever say. Ever. :moon:

:roflmao::roflmao:

"They" is the key word here. ;)

thedishdoc
August 23rd, 2014, 01:38 PM
FWIW Doc, I had to do a 20MOA mount on my Savage to get enough elevation to not be at the top end of the adjustment on my optic at 200. That is a 1" tube. If yours is 30MM you may fare better . . . So much for "if you build it they will come". See if I ever believe anything else you ever say. Ever. :moon:

:roflmao::roflmao:Mine is 1". Rings I got didn't fit factory Ruger mount. The rifle had a shitty smaller factory rail installed that used some smaller "rimfire style rings". I didn't like the rings. They were "Phillips" head and single fastener per side. Fortunately I dug around in the toolbox and found a picatinny type rail. It was silver but a quick application of matte black cured it. I like the scope. Got sighted it in at 50 and my neighbor came around when he heard me shooting getting it dialed in. That lead to trying cards at 50. We had already done it at 25 some months back. It was windy but I managed to full split 1 and graze 2. We then backed up to 100 yards and tried splitting cards. No joy. We both scared one card so bad they jumped off of the barrel but there were no bullet graze marks on the cards. It was getting darker, the wind had picked up, and that is a damn hard shot but I'll try it again and maybe make it one day. One a side note, I'll be getting that baby sighted in for 200 soon and look forward to trying pin tops at 200 with ya again.

FLT
August 23rd, 2014, 03:43 PM
Mine is 1". Rings I got didn't fit factory Ruger mount. The rifle had a shitty smaller factory rail installed that used some smaller "rimfire style rings". I didn't like the rings. They were "Phillips" head and single fastener per side. Fortunately I dug around in the toolbox and found a picatinny type rail. It was silver but a quick application of matte black cured it. I like the scope. Got sighted it in at 50 and my neighbor came around when he heard me shooting getting it dialed in. That lead to trying cards at 50. We had already done it at 25 some months back. It was windy but I managed to full split 1 and graze 2. We then backed up to 100 yards and tried splitting cards. No joy. We both scared one card so bad they jumped off of the barrel but there were no bullet graze marks on the cards. It was getting darker, the wind had picked up, and that is a damn hard shot but I'll try it again and maybe make it one day. One a side note, I'll be getting that baby sighted in for 200 soon and look forward to trying pin tops at 200 with ya again. Damn ! Dish why do you and the tribe have to keep fucking up my cards? What's up with that? :);)

talon2
August 28th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Don't forget about the pin match tonight. The last couple matches we have had little participation giving everybody great odds to win.

The fun shoot tonight will be using Talon's new Texas Star. It will be a lot of fun so I hope to see everybody there.

Johnny
August 28th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I will be there.