PDA

View Full Version : Props and Barracades

Rumbler
October 14th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that this past week RAFUS built plywood barricades, and a "car door", for the Talon range.

I'll get some pix up PDQ, but they turned out GREAT. ;D ;D

Rumbler
October 14th, 2012, 06:42 PM
In fairness to the photographer . . .

1) It was DARK!
2) On specific instruction from me the camera's primary job was to cause distraction and flash blindness. It worked WONDERFULLY! Poor photog, for a while I thought he might get lynched by the shooters. :P ;) ;D

http://www.canopy.net/arms/muzzleflash1.jpg

This barricade has a "mirror" barricade. The shape is just like this one, but it goes from low to high on the other side AND it has a completely different set of "ports". Different locations and shapes. Together they will drive you nuts!

http://www.canopy.net/arms/carwindow1.jpg

To give you an idea just how dark it was, there are three targets engaged through that "car window".

GTOguy06
October 15th, 2012, 07:07 PM
These barricades were awesome. My weaknesses as a shooter really came through during those drills.
I also learned that if you flash bright lights in the eyes of shooters that have brighter flashlights, they will gang up on you to blind you while you shoot.

FLT
October 15th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Is that a ford or a general motors window ? Rumbler you know ford guys can't shoot out of a general motors Window. :D :)

Rumbler
October 15th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Is that a ford or a general motors window ? Rumbler you know ford guys can't shoot out of a general motors Window. :D :)

I haven't decided yet. but it is definitely a pickup truck window. :P

noleveyor
October 15th, 2012, 09:29 PM
One short ass pickup truck.....

Must be built on a MG frame...

Rumbler
October 16th, 2012, 10:52 AM
With a hot little small block Ford engine. Woot - Woot!! ;D ;D

Anyone around here except me old enough to remember the Sunbeam convertibles that came from the factory with 289 Ford motors in them ?

An 800 pound car three inches off the ground with 300HP, FACTORY STOCK OUT OF THE BOX ?!?! Are you kidding me ?!?! Those were indeed the good 'ol days! ;D ;D ;D ;D

FLT
October 16th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Sunbeam Tiger I believe they were called . Bad ass little cars for sure !