PDA

View Full Version : It is Bronze

bumblebee
July 10th, 2014, 08:13 PM
My daughter competed in the 2014 USA Shooting National Jr Olympic Championship this week in International Bunker (think trap on steroids). She won the Florida women's J.O. International Bunker Qualifier in Gainesville. As the State Women's champion, it qualified her to shoot in the National Event at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. She finished today, and is bringing home the Bronze Medal for her age group. She shot very well and we are quite proud of her since she has only been shooting International Bunker since January.

At a time when guns and shooting sports are getting a bad rap, even in Tallahassee, we are proud to announce that Abby will be bringing a national bronze medal back to Tallahassee

YankeeFingergasm
July 10th, 2014, 08:17 PM
That's badass!

Cattle/Horses
July 10th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Congratulations man!

Great child rearing.

Rumbler
July 10th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Excellent!!!!

And while I am at it . . . .

I want you all to know that you can physically assist this exceptional young lady by stopping in to the Talon Pro Shop and buying some raffle tickets. Her Paw-Paw has graciously provided a couple of bricks of match grade .22LR that will go to the lucky ticket holder who's number is drawn.

Ken
July 10th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Congratulations to Abby. I certainly hope someone is alerting the local media (for whatever that may be worth) on the off-chance that an article or TV news segment might be put out.

BTW, how old is she?

bumblebee
July 10th, 2014, 10:59 PM
She is 13. Next up is the Team USA National Championships in August. This is open to shooters of all ages who want to compete for team USA at the World Cup Match level and to work toward a spot on Team USA for the 2016 Olympics in Rio. Buy those raffle tickets!

seadog
July 11th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Awesome !!

HarleyBrent
July 11th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Excellent!!!!

And while I am at it . . . .

I want you all to know that you can physically assist this exceptional young lady by stopping in to the Talon Pro Shop and buying some raffle tickets. Her Paw-Paw has graciously provided a couple of bricks of match grade .22LR that will go to the lucky ticket holder who's number is drawn.
Thank you Rumbler ! I didnt know, i'm sure most of us would participate.

BR549
July 11th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Awesome!

Bitter American
July 12th, 2014, 01:49 AM
Proverbs 22:6

bumblebee
July 14th, 2014, 01:32 PM
We have made it back to Tallahassee. 12 States in 9 days by car, over 4k miles driven. It was good to get back into our own beds last nights. The training must go on. Aug 1 - 10 Abby is back at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs for the USA Shooting National Championships. This event is open to kids 12 to any age (there is a category for 75+) who wants to compete for a spot on the USA National Team. This is the team that competes around the world in the Cup Matches and is a feeder to the US Olympic team for Rio in 2016. This event is flighted. Even though it is doubtful Abby can make the national team this year...she will get the much needed experience competing with the best shooters in the country, and she might be able to bring home some hardware shooting in the Junior Class.

Also, as Abby competes in these events, she gets points that will qualify her to attend the Fall and Spring Selection events where the different sub teams, under the National Team, are chosen. For example, 3 shooters Abby trains with made a 2014 Junior World Cup Team that competed in Germany in May, where the girls team brought home a Bronze, and will be going to Italy and Spain this fall. Abby has a real chance at being on this team next year.

Keep buying those raffle tickets, besides getting the 650 rounds of MATCH .22LR, you will be supporting a local girl in her bid to make a World Team!

Please check out the facebook page at Abby's Bunker where there are bunches of pictures from the J.O. Event

mapper
July 14th, 2014, 06:57 PM
That's great....I am glad she has the opportunity and talent, motivation, and support to do this..
:) Hoping the community will get behind the effort to help out..
3/5$ are the tickets, and they are red in color..lots of room in the envelope..

YankeeFingergasm
July 14th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Maybe we can get her some Team Amurica t-shirts?