PDA

View Full Version : New member

GSinadinos
July 10th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Just signed up for a membership Tuesday. I think it's the Gold? Anyways, I can bring a free guest so if anyone wants to go lemme know! Always looking for more/new people to shoot with (and I could use all the help I can get with my shot) haha.

Rumbler
July 10th, 2014, 08:48 AM
That is excellent! Talon is a pretty cool place to learn, shoot, and there is lots of facility growth still happening. In fact there will be growth for at least the next few years. The place is already huge and it is just going to get . . . . huger.

We have the road out to the 400 yard range about 98% done. The range is easily in sight now, and with just a few more dump trucks of fill expect to be able to get "regular vehicles" out there.

So . . . anyone wanting to shoot longer that has not yet qualified and gotten their target on file, this would be a good time to consider getting that done . . . :cool:

Oh . . and while this update is going . . .

I fixed another pile of shot to hell steel in the last few days. It is back on the rifle and the pistol ranges ready for y'all to destroy again. :p

GSinadinos
July 10th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I brought out three of my friends who are all now considering joining. I'll soon finish my first AR build and try it out there!

Jafar
July 10th, 2014, 01:21 PM
JD told us that just a year in and you guys are on year 5 of the "plan." That's awesome!

DeeselDave
July 10th, 2014, 03:08 PM
I went out there last week with a friend who is a member. I was a guest, even though I have been meaning to go out on my own anyway. We spent a couple hours punching holes in paper with 6 of my pistolas and had a blast {pun intended}.
Moved to the steel plate range and made major deposits of copper and lead. Had a blast.
Went back to the pro shop and signed up and paid for a gold, thanks very much.
Nice range. Good folks. Safe place to shoot. I like it.
Although I don't get home that much, I have a great place to go when I need to sharpen my skills of making steel plates go clank.
Great stuff.

Rumbler
July 10th, 2014, 08:07 PM
JD told us that just a year in and you guys are on year 5 of the "plan." That's awesome!

Parts of it, yeah for sure.

We have come a million miles from when the range operation was basically a 8x12 foot enclosed trailer I drug out there on Saturdays and Sundays. But I absolutely assure you that Talon is far from ready to rest. We still have a LOT more to do.

YankeeFingergasm
July 10th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Yeah....a little slice of heaven in Midway. Whodathunkit?

GSinadinos
July 11th, 2014, 08:21 AM
It's worth the drive! haha