PDA

View Full Version : Gear Stand

Tack Driver
July 5th, 2014, 11:21 AM
So, in following the storied American tradition of the Minuteman, all my gear is ready to go at a moment's notice. From boots to cover, pack, everything I'd take to fight is there and in a manner that, as much as possible, is quick to don.

It's all in a fucking pile.

I remember seeing Samurai traditionally having their armor on a stand and on display in a prominent position in their house. Some of these are impressively imposing BTW, like scare the shit out of guests imposing.

http://www.samurai-store.com/armor/images/L037/L37_Samurai_Armor.jpg

I don't really want it seen or intricate, or ornate, as it will be out of sight, but I do want it where I can re-position pouches and gear more easily, hang all of my stuff in an orderly fashion, and when it's wet or dirty, make it easier to dry or clean.

There are still Samurai armor stands made;

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/23/04/0e/23040e4cf6fc6baa6b3951de40e009b4.jpg

........but that looks WAY too weak for a 200 plus round load out and eventually plates.

Anybody have something like this? Anybody have any thoughts/ideas?

Tack Driver
July 5th, 2014, 11:33 AM
I always end up on this guys website somehow. He's got good ideas.

http://www.itstactical.com/intellicom/diy/how-to-build-a-tactical-gear-stand/

I like the use of cedar. I don't like that it looks like a cross/memorial. I can easily fix that though I think.

Rumbler
July 5th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I've got a torch and a welder. And know how to use 'em. :)

As for what I use . . . big, red, 1000 pound rated cargo load capacity. Works good for me.

. . . until I need to find something small in it. Then it has waaaay too much stuff in it. :(

rr53
July 5th, 2014, 11:57 AM
I'll build one for you and one for me Tack, if you spring for the materials.

Tack Driver
July 5th, 2014, 12:04 PM
RR, my fully equipped woodshop thinks we should do it the opposite. It told me so.

Rsmith2077
July 5th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Tack, here's another idea.
http://www.mocomm.com/tactical/GWM%20tactical%20gear%20stand%20plans.pdf

rr53
July 5th, 2014, 12:25 PM
RR, my fully equipped woodshop thinks we should do it the opposite. It told me so.

My bad. Don't know why I assumed you were "wood shop challenged"

How about I buy the wood and the beer and we will use your shop ?

Tack Driver
July 5th, 2014, 12:52 PM
My bad. Don't know why I assumed you were "wood shop challenged"

How about I buy the wood and the beer and we will use your shop ?

That may work RR. We'll see. I have a feeling it will be some trial and error broken up across a few days. I'll build a prototype, then you and the beer can come over and we can fuck up and/or build yours.

Tack Driver
July 5th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Tack, here's another idea.
http://www.mocomm.com/tactical/GWM%20tactical%20gear%20stand%20plans.pdf

I like that MUCH better for the vest section since it doesn't look like a cross. It won't hold my pack or anything else.

I think if I build it taller, then put in "shelves" for clothing, boots, socks, etc, and an offshoot of sorts for my pack straps, I could be in business.

1x4's might not be up to the task.

Rumbler
July 5th, 2014, 01:56 PM
My bad. Don't know why I assumed you were "wood shop challenged" . . . .

You saw his shed building thread?

That worked for me. :roflmao:

Tack Driver
July 5th, 2014, 01:57 PM
You saw his shed building thread?

That worked for me. :roflmao:

Shed turned out great, thanks. :cooler:

Rumbler
July 5th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Hey, common, even you have to admit that was a true classic thread. :banana:

Tack Driver
July 5th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Hey, common, even you have to admit that was a true classic thread. :banana:

I don't see how. I got some advice, made a minor adjustment, and all is well. Of all the classic threads we have, that one doesn't seem to stand out to me.

Rumbler
July 5th, 2014, 04:17 PM
That is OK Tack. I guess it is a perspective thing.

Oh, and for the record, I'm not trying to disrespect your finished product. Please don't take it that way.

I know that (caliber selection aside) you are not a half assed kind of guy. :goodjob:

Billythekid
July 5th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Just wondering why nobody mentioned the nipple tassels on the samurai......really disappointed in this crowd:confused:

YankeeFingergasm
July 5th, 2014, 06:17 PM
I like that MUCH better for the vest section since it doesn't look like a cross. It won't hold my pack or anything else.

I think if I build it taller, then put in "shelves" for clothing, boots, socks, etc, and an offshoot of sorts for my pack straps, I could be in business.

1x4's might not be up to the task.

Don't forget your ladder or maybe build a set of stairs.

NJC
July 5th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Tack,
I am challenged in the carpentry dept, but would love one of these cross type ones... My wife would hate it...so I want one....

Rumbler
July 5th, 2014, 11:45 PM
I think that you guys may be overthinking this.

get one of these from fleabay:

http://www.thenextwomen.com/sites/default/files/mannequins.jpg

Shove one of these up its but and turn it on to create some heat for drying gear.

http://www.lightology.com/img/prod/original/5614.jpg

NJC, I'm pretty sure your wife would like this idea the least of all so far. Well, unless you bought the boy version. But you wouldn't do that. . . . . . I hope. :cooler:

Tack Driver
July 6th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Don't forget your ladder or maybe build a set of stairs.

You're probably the shortest guy here.

Tack,
I am challenged in the carpentry dept, but would love one of these cross type ones... My wife would hate it...so I want one....

Could we keep her from finding out I had anything to do with it?

AB
July 6th, 2014, 11:57 AM
I have also seen something that looks like a bike rack that will hold armor, a rifle, and other stuff. Screws into the wall, but I can't remember its name now. I'll look around and edit this or repost if I find it before someone else does.

Edit: Still looking, but I caught where I had mis-used an apostrophe. It required an edit.

http://soldiersystems.net/2012/10/30/combat-support-system/

Found it

thedishdoc
July 6th, 2014, 01:57 PM

1x4's might not be up to the task.That design looks to be more sturdy and more stable.

Jmoorewar
July 6th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Now I need to build one.

AB
July 6th, 2014, 04:43 PM
I hear Triad is skilled in the woodworking department...

Rumbler
July 6th, 2014, 04:58 PM
You guys aren't fooling me. I'll bet that everyone of you are scanning fleabay for cute mannequins. :banana:

YankeeFingergasm
July 6th, 2014, 05:00 PM
You guys aren't fooling me. I'll bet that everyone of you are scanning fleabay for cute mannequins. :banana:

Cute? No. Headless? Yes. I hate when they stare at me with their cold, dead, soulless eyes.

thedishdoc
July 6th, 2014, 05:01 PM
You guys aren't fooling me. I'll bet that everyone of you are scanning fleabay for cute mannequins. :banana:Shipping would suck on manly-kins. I'm going to build Slender Man to hold my gear.

Rumbler
July 6th, 2014, 05:03 PM
See. I knew you guys were checking it out.

It is hard to fool an old fool. :cooler:

thedishdoc
July 6th, 2014, 05:09 PM
See. I knew you guys were checking it out.

It is hard to fool an old fool. :cooler:Didn't check, just a LONG time ebayer that understands shipping on big stuff. 1,547 transactions conducted. 100% positive feedback :-)

Rumbler
July 6th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Suuuure Doc. Whatever you say . . . . .

;):cooler:;)

thedishdoc
July 6th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Actually my buddy is the curator of the Ft. Rucker Aviation Museum and a collector of German WWII military uniforms. I did look into it one for him but it was years ago.

YankeeFingergasm
July 6th, 2014, 05:42 PM

;):cooler:;)

Funny huh Rumbler.....it's always for a buddy huh? Likely story.

Actually my buddy is the curator of the Ft. Rucker Aviation Museum and a collector of German WWII military uniforms. I did look into it one for him but it was years ago.

BlueBronco
July 6th, 2014, 06:06 PM
I think something like a Bat pole is the way to go. You come out like John Rambo . . . making burst presentations and chucking Kimbers.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2784/4312241358_ae8a8aac2f_z.jpg

http://artsee1.com/Images/Images%20Cave/cavefromabove.jpg

thedishdoc
July 6th, 2014, 06:37 PM

;):cooler:;)Jeeze, a guy cant even take a long extended look at a mannequin from top to bottom doing a full body scan around here with out you piranha piling on :-)

Rumbler
July 6th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Hey Doc, I'll be the first to admit that I'd dang sure date that topless chickaquin with the boy haircut.

Gimme a hot knife and a heat gun and I could maybe fall in love with her . . . . :roflmao:

Tack Driver
July 6th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Hey Doc, I'll be the first to admit that I'd dang sure date that topless chickaquin with the boy haircut.

Gimme a hot knife and a heat gun and I could maybe fall in love with her . . . . :roflmao:

Uh.........

well........

..........nah, fuck it.

:escape:

BlueBronco
July 6th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Uh.........

well........

..........nah, fuck it.

:escape:

I don't even think TS would touch that one . . . then again . . .:escape:

Rumbler
July 6th, 2014, 07:42 PM
hey. Wait'till you guys get old.

The neighborhood cat will not be truly safe. :roflmao:

thedishdoc
July 6th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Funny huh Rumbler.....it's always for a buddy huh? Likely story.

hey. Wait'till you guys get old.

The neighborhood cat will not be truly safe. :roflmao:Thus the term "Screwed the pooch!" but scratchier!

0utlaw
July 6th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Also the old...

" I just pumped the neighbors cat grin"

AB
July 6th, 2014, 09:31 PM
When I need a stand for drying and such, I just run a 2x4 across some sawhorses and use that. Works like a charm!

Jafar
July 7th, 2014, 04:24 PM
We used the cross style ones overseas and they were the ticket. Shelves handle the rest. Of course, the cross probably offends your libertarian ideals, so I will continue to search for an equal opportunity structure.

Tack Driver
July 7th, 2014, 04:31 PM
We used the cross style ones overseas and they were the ticket. Shelves handle the rest. Of course, the cross probably offends your libertarian ideals, so I will continue to search for an equal opportunity structure.

LOL. Fuck you (no homo).

My Libertarian ideals allow me to have a very personal relationship with God that does not require me to announce myself as a Christian at every opportunity, or mandate that others worship exactly like I do.

My uneasiness about the cross type is just that it looks like a memorial. I haven't earned a memorial of that sort.

Dale Gribble
July 7th, 2014, 04:35 PM
A star of david will work.

Tack Driver
July 7th, 2014, 04:41 PM
A star of david will work.

Sure. Actually, a Menorah might just work out.

Jafar
July 7th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Sure. Actually, a Menorah might just work out.

And so much more room for activities!

YankeeFingergasm
July 8th, 2014, 07:56 PM
A cyprus tree knob. It may take some searching- but they have a wide butt that would be a good base. You could get one with numerous knobs sticking up . Stick a few dowels off it if you have to. I am going to start searching....that is a good idea. Plus they are light and when stripped and finished they are very nice.

There's a place behind DSH that has weird "artsy" wood and not the kind that lines up at 4:20 to plow Dale's mamma.

Tack Driver
July 8th, 2014, 08:15 PM
and not the kind that lines up at 4:20 to plow Dale's mamma.

It's easier to just say "black".

NJC
July 8th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Listen Bilbo.. quit posting and get building my stand ! ;-)

Tack Driver
July 8th, 2014, 09:14 PM

LOL. How tall do you want it?

FLT
July 8th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Oh fruck! Here we go again! :popcorn:

NJC
July 8th, 2014, 09:22 PM
I want it to go from the ground to the top...just like it does in the plans.
Let me know the $$ and I dont want it built out of some exotic hardwood, harvested by a tribe of Virgins in the amazon for $300 a linear foot or anything like that...

Tack Driver
July 8th, 2014, 09:25 PM
I want it to go from the ground to the top...just like it does in the plans.
Let me know the $$ and I dont want it built out of some exotic hardwood, harvested by a tribe of Virgins in the amazon for $300 a linear foot or anything like that...

The plans call for something pretty short, and most that built that "cross" one say they wished they'd had built it taller.

The itstactical.com cross one is cedar. I can see the advantage of that. If you don't care about all that, pine would be the cheapest.

YankeeFingergasm
July 8th, 2014, 09:26 PM
OD green, multicam or ranger green stain?

Tack Driver
July 8th, 2014, 09:27 PM
OD green, multicam or ranger green stain?

Nice.

rr53
July 8th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Should I buy the beer yet ?

NJC
July 8th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Cedar is cool.. but I only want in on it if it's a group thing.....Isnt that what this thread is about ??

Tack Driver
July 8th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Should I buy the beer yet ?

Not yet. NJCs is the prototype "cross" version, and I'm going to do a more complex one to judge which makes more sense, then I'm bringing in the big guns (you) to help me turn a few out.

Tack Driver
July 8th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Cedar is cool.. but I only want in on it if it's a group thing.....Isnt that what this thread is about ??

Easy killer. Cops and .mil guys get them for material costs IF this doesn't turn out to be a pain in the ass. Otherwise, this ain't Unicef.

How tall do you want it?

rr53
July 8th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Not yet. NJCs is the prototype "cross" version, and I'm going to do a more complex one to judge which makes more sense, then I'm bringing in the big guns (you) to help me turn a few out.

OK. I got my hand sander and a pile of cypress when you get your shit together. And a beer.

NJC
July 8th, 2014, 09:59 PM
36 inches will fit in the spot I am looking at.

It will rarely have my PC on it because it is in the car all the time. It will always have my two chest rigs and my secondary pistol rig.

NJC
July 8th, 2014, 10:04 PM
I dont have a helmet...nothing of value there needs protecting. My closet floor is hand scraped bamboo though which is uneaven...how do you plan on accomodating the variation so as to not have it rock ?

Tack Driver
July 8th, 2014, 10:05 PM
36 inches will fit in the spot I am looking at.

It will rarely have my PC on it because it is in the car all the time. It will always have my two chest rigs and my secondary pistol rig.

Copy.

Any other critical measurement for that spot?

Tack Driver
July 8th, 2014, 10:13 PM
My closet floor is hand scraped bamboo though which is uneaven...how do you plan on accomodating the variation so as to not have it rock ?

VIII

It'll be square and level.........that's all I can tell you.

ETA: well, I could add some leveling feet on it if you think it's necessary.

NJC
July 8th, 2014, 10:13 PM
no.. im just being a dick...

Tack Driver
July 8th, 2014, 10:14 PM
no.. im just being a dick...

No, not you.

NJC
July 8th, 2014, 10:15 PM
suggestion ??

NJC
July 8th, 2014, 10:16 PM
a couple of dowels on the feet, to put boots on upside down to aid in drying ??

Tack Driver
July 8th, 2014, 10:17 PM

Not a bad idea at all.

YankeeFingergasm
July 8th, 2014, 10:18 PM

Just go order this guy something from the Brookstone catalog.

NJC
July 8th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Cedar, or some other smelly wood...does not need to be a dowel, but an erection of sorts to hang a boot on...one on each side..

Tack Driver
July 8th, 2014, 10:20 PM
http://forum.capitalcitygunforum.com/dbtech/thanks/images/dislikes.png NJC (http://forum.capitalcitygunforum.com/member.php?u=518) disliked this post

Seriously? :dunno:

YankeeFingergasm
Cedar, or some other smelly wood...does not need to be a dowwl, but an erection of sorts to hand a boot on...one on each side..

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

thedishdoc
When I built my spear rack I wanted it to angle back towards the wall. I bought some leveling feet at Lowes. You drill a hole and hammer the threaded part into the legs of the stand then screw the foot in. Works great.

NJC
July 8th, 2014, 10:21 PM
You gonna cry about it ???

Yankee made me do it...

BR549
July 9th, 2014, 07:29 PM
I think I might install a wall mounted something behind my clothes in the closet.

thedishdoc
July 9th, 2014, 07:35 PM
I used poplar for both my spear rack and my bow rack.

BR549
July 9th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Thick padded feet of felt or rubber will help prevent rocking on an otherwise level but bumpy floor like scraped bamboo.

thedishdoc
July 9th, 2014, 08:45 PM
I used these feet on my spear rack. I got em at Lowes

Frady
July 9th, 2014, 09:27 PM
http://www.combatsupportsystem.com/

Tack Driver
July 9th, 2014, 09:46 PM
That's what AB posted, isn't it?

AB
July 9th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Yeah, but I only posted the link, not the photo!

Frady
July 9th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Sorry, by page five I couldn't be asked to differentiate garbage from actual contributions to the thread. ;-)

0utlaw
July 9th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Sorry, by page three I couldn't be asked to differentiate garbage from actual contributions to the thread. ;-)
Welcome to CCGF

Tack Driver
July 9th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Sorry, by page five I couldn't be asked to differentiate garbage from actual contributions to the thread. ;-)

Seems reasonable.

NJC
July 10th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Well ????

Frodo you done yet ?

YankeeFingergasm
July 10th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Well ????

Frodo you done yet ?

He's probably having problems with the vendor.

BR549
July 10th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Awesome Finger...awesome.

Jmoorewar
July 13th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Yea I want to see someone's finished product.Next time I go to my dads I'm grabbing some wood and gunna take a crack at it.

AB
July 13th, 2014, 08:42 PM
I've been using an office chair on wheels the last few days. Rifle goes across the arms and the vest goes over the back.

NJC
July 14th, 2014, 08:28 PM
I've been using an office chair on wheels the last few days. Rifle goes across the arms and the vest goes over the back.

That will change at D-Day plus 6 months or so when Lil'AB becomes mobile. :-)

Jmoorewar
July 14th, 2014, 08:48 PM
That will change at D-Day plus 6 months or so when Lil'AB becomes mobile. :-)
^^truth,better start rethinking your strategies now.As soon as they learn to walk,they run.

AB
July 15th, 2014, 09:55 AM
I already have plans to modify my "gear table" to have a combo lock shelf. It wouldn't stop a burglar from taking the whole table or ripping it open, but it will stop curious hands!

BR549
July 15th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Gear table?

AB
July 15th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Yep. Has all my commonly used stuffs on it and I put a raised edge on it so my smaller stuffs wouldn't roll off. There's space underneath for a shelf with a door on it that I will use when the munchkin gets mobile.

BR549
July 15th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Build or buy this table?

crawdaddy34
July 15th, 2014, 12:46 PM
There's space underneath for a shelf with a door on it that I will use when the munchkin gets mobile.

Dude, you can't be stickin kids in cabinets....

At least not if you are gonna announced it on the interwebz first!

0utlaw
July 15th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Dude, you can't be stickin kids in cabinets....

At least not if you are gonna announced it on the interwebz first!

REALLY?:escape:

Tack Driver
July 19th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Tack,

Well ????

Frodo you done yet ?

See you Wednesday? Have $14.66 with you. :cooler:

Pictures for the rest of you soon.

NJC
July 19th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Thats high dollar right there...Let me see what I can rustle up...

AB
July 19th, 2014, 07:16 PM
REALLY?:escape:

What, you don't crate train kids?

YankeeFingergasm
July 20th, 2014, 01:03 AM
See you Wednesday? Have $14.66 with you. :cooler:

Pictures for the rest of you soon.

Hey that's the first thing you've finished since the 6th grade and that thing was growing!

NJC
July 24th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Thanks to Tack driver for the Hobbit height gear stand. Looks like it was well put together, the screws were definitely long enough. Cedar cross beam so my carrier will have that manly freshness. I will load it up and take a picture later. IT was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again Bilbo from the Shire.

0utlaw
July 24th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Hey that's the first thing you've finished since the 6th grade and that thing was growing!
Growing out is not the same as growing up.

AB
July 24th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Don't make me covet it!

Tack Driver
July 24th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Don't make me covet it!

You want one?

thedishdoc
July 24th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Pics or it didn't happen.

JMW4570
July 24th, 2014, 09:30 AM
http://forum.capitalcitygunforum.com/showthread.php?5514-FS-FT-Oscar-the-Punching-Dummy

AB
July 24th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Honestly not sure where I'd put it! I lost a lot of space to the nursery so I'm struggling already.

What's the footprint on it?

Tack Driver
July 24th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Honestly not sure where I'd put it! I lost a lot of space to the nursery so I'm struggling already.

What's the footprint on it?

30" x 30"

I'm working on a gen2 model. I think it's going to have a smaller footprint........if I can make it stable.

Tack Driver
July 24th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Thanks to Tack driver

My pleasure.

for the Hobbit height gear stand.

YOU gave me a height limit of 36". It's 35.5"..........so VIII

Looks like it was well put together, the screws were definitely long enough.

LOL.

Cedar cross beam so my carrier will have that manly freshness. I will load it up and take a picture later. IT was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again Bilbo from the Shire.

My pleasure.

BR549
July 24th, 2014, 09:35 AM
30" x 30"

I'm working on a gen2 model. I think it's going to have a smaller footprint........if I can make it stable.

You've got a pretty small footprint and are fairly stable. Model it after you.

NJC
July 24th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I think it's more like 36" footprint.

i have pics but can never figure out how to post them.. someone PM me an email address and I'll send them to you to post here...

Tack Driver
July 24th, 2014, 04:39 PM

Tack Driver
July 24th, 2014, 04:43 PM
I think it's more like 36" footprint.

Can't be. The legs are 18" each. So it should be 30" x 29".

NJC
July 24th, 2014, 05:58 PM
It appears I'm not the only one who struggles with this !!

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=eda2ae3aa5&view=fimg&th=147693a10f6900d5&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ9BpmmSgg3me4r-Z_ZuKlmVboZjK_3gZAVrAwJi2XF6XF-VlIolkpL23Iquu6XwPBuoONG7z6MKXo7yTk2y5h3o9GCGX9Wgt AWvdBZpjxrMvgG9plU5SkQu6XE&ats=1406234204943&rm=147693a10f6900d5&zw&sz=w1342-h523
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=eda2ae3aa5&view=fimg&th=147693a10f6900d5&attid=0.2&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ-pPQcDPiDpaLTNIbfUYn_8g_AV16DrsK1OdCl_Pu5ChH2yO288_ ShvH_0qRNJHZFrV1G7rx_gBdk0qrbOALu2M4kL2i2yojLR7Fje ciDry65F2LaFtHcIhLTY&ats=1406234204943&rm=147693a10f6900d5&zw&sz=w1342-h523
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=eda2ae3aa5&view=fimg&th=147693a10f6900d5&attid=0.3&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ-pIPzFDszsZoiIDkv3oB4dD1MHqKEsQclQtof3heQCcQzxgcTRU N7bPH6HHdOm41qNVKZijPcBCiNtrREFR82dijf0SFc0wsVeBjW L31KiamUVt3mLtvBl8hg&ats=1406234204944&rm=147693a10f6900d5&zw&sz=w1342-h523

Tack Driver
July 24th, 2014, 06:35 PM
You guys don't see them?

crawdaddy34
July 24th, 2014, 06:45 PM
You guys don't see them?

Negative.

#youfuckedup

Tack Driver
July 24th, 2014, 06:47 PM
#youfuckedup

Who the fuck told you about Twitter hashtags, and where can I find him or her's dumbass?

crawdaddy34
July 24th, 2014, 06:48 PM
Who the fuck told you about Twitter hashtags, and where can I find him or her's dumbass?

I'll never tell.

#cantmakeme #smilingatmyself

Tack Driver
July 24th, 2014, 06:51 PM

FTFM

thedishdoc
July 24th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Nice ape hangers and ducktail fender.

YankeeFingergasm
July 24th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Seriously? Nice swastika feet.

NJC
July 24th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Since I didnt have a stripper to pose with the stand.. I figured the sled would be the next best thing.

Thanks Doc, It's a 98 FatBoy with 16 inch apes ...my baby

Nice ape hangers and ducktail fender.

thedishdoc
July 25th, 2014, 02:27 PM
With that bike you can get all the strippers ya want :-)

AB
July 25th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Since I didnt have a stripper to pose with the stand..

Liar!

I know better!

Rumbler
July 25th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Is that a Yamaha?

I figure with the Glock sign and all . . . . . :goodjob::roflmao::naughty:

NJC
July 25th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Rumbler,

That hurt.. I think I cried a little.......on the inside.

Dale Gribble
July 26th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Is that a Yamaha?

I figure with the Glock sign and all . . . . . :goodjob::roflmao::naughty:

Man, that is a low blow, even for you.

Good one!

thedishdoc
July 26th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Oh look, Tack drew a little fag bow tie on the stand :-)

Tack Driver
July 26th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Oh look, Tack drew a little fag bow tie on the stand :-)

Slanderous. I didn't draw a thing. Are you talking about his glasses?

0utlaw
July 26th, 2014, 12:36 PM
:headslap:

thedishdoc
July 26th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Slanderous. I didn't draw a thing. Are you talking about his glasses?Yea upon zooming in I see that is his glasses. I just figured you put a bow tie on it. Go figure. I notice you just ninja deleted 3 of the pics.

Tack Driver
July 26th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Yea upon zooming in I see that is his glasses. I just figured you put a bow tie on it. Go figure. I notice you just ninja deleted 3 of the pics.

They were the same 3 pics, just sideways, the way they were sent to me.

CRD508
July 26th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Looks good bro.

Tack Driver
July 26th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Looks good bro.

Thank you.

Version 2.0 is on hold. I bought "Oscar" as a dual purpose gear stand.

0utlaw
July 26th, 2014, 01:28 PM
When he becomes self aware in the middle of the night your ass is in for a world of hurt, might as well get you a TC (Tactical Chihuahua) that will never take his eyes of that thing

Tack Driver
July 26th, 2014, 01:33 PM
When he becomes self aware in the middle of the night your ass is in for a world of hurt

I'll punch his lights out if I have to.

FLT
July 26th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Nice job Tack . If you get fed up selling cars you can build shit for people . I hear custom builds pay well . I couldn't help but notice the Harley and toolbox in the photo. It's ironic how some things are destined to be together isn't it?

0utlaw
July 26th, 2014, 01:39 PM
I'll punch his lights out if I have to.
When you wake up with
http://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/xl/lifesize-terminator-t-800-endoskeleton-xl.jpg
starring at you, you'll wish you would have had a TC for some advanced warning......

thedishdoc
July 26th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Nice job Tack . If you get fed up selling cars you can build shit for people . I hear custom builds pay well . I couldn't help but notice the Harley and toolbox in the photo. It's ironic how some things are destined to be together isn't it?My 79 FXEF 1200 I turned wrenches on it as much as I rode it. I used to keep a JC Whitney catalog under it for the oil leaks. The newer models are much more reliable.

NSA
July 26th, 2014, 01:58 PM
When you wake up with
http://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/xl/lifesize-terminator-t-800-endoskeleton-xl.jpg
starring at you, you'll wish you would have had a TC for some advanced warning......

Excuse me sir. How did you acquire that photograph?

0utlaw
July 26th, 2014, 02:12 PM
It was right here in this 200 ton press, here take a look

thedishdoc
August 6th, 2014, 02:13 PM
This is a nice stand that would work for body armor also.

http://www.yeoldegaffers.com/project_deluxe_stand.asp

FLT
August 6th, 2014, 02:23 PM
That is a work of art. If I were into body armor either ancient or modern I'd have one of those stands.

thedishdoc
August 6th, 2014, 11:32 PM
I'm into armor both old and new and I agree that is a classy stand. I want one or three.

thedishdoc
August 10th, 2014, 12:45 AM
Spent a couple of hours today putting together a stand for my armor and battle belt. I did mine a little different than the designs I've seen so far. I wanted to hang my plate carrier on top and my battle belt below that. I'm also gonna have a place for my helmet on top but that's not installed yet. Perhaps tomorrow I'll have some time to finish it up or at least get it closer to the goalpost. I'm $18 bucks in so far $14 for the wood and $3 for the leveling glides (feet) I'm gonna paint mine OD green so I'll have another $6 in paint by the time I'm thru. I did manage to fuck up the belt on my floor sander which sucked. I think it was an age related failure though. Here is what I have so far.

Bitter American
August 10th, 2014, 12:59 AM
Damn, what the fuck did you build in that chamber of horrors that clawed its way out of that tarp?
Is it still loose? Please tell me you killed it!

thedishdoc
August 10th, 2014, 01:35 AM
My trusty Doberman did that for me. He was a puppy and enjoyed chewing my shit up. That did mitigate the rain blowing in the shop but he decided it was edible. There were are few times I considered shooting him when he was young but thank god he grew out of the chewing everything up stage.

Bitter American
August 10th, 2014, 01:47 AM
A dog did that? WTF!
Was he trying to escape your demented Frankenstein experiment from turning him into a living gear stand?

Actually...that would be pretty cool. :goodjob:

Jafar
August 10th, 2014, 09:06 AM
I'm holding out to find a full size Lego man. That would be the ultimate gear stand / battle buddy in the whole wide world.

Tack Driver
August 12th, 2014, 02:15 PM
I like that design Dish. I think the supports between the two vertical beams could be used for small odds and ends too.

NJC
August 12th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Tacks stand has been deployed in my closet for a couple of weeks now. I made the modification to two of the feet and it is GTG.

I would add some cedar dowels for the boots and that would be it.

Tack Driver
August 12th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Tacks stand has been deployed in my closet for a couple of weeks now. I made the modification to two of the feet and it is GTG.

I would add some cedar dowels for the boots and that would be it.

I was given one dimensional limit and it's under that. It was otherwise built to the specs you approved.

Sir.

NJC
August 12th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Tack, IT was definitely not an issue on your part. By trimming two of the legs I can get it closer in the corner and still get some storage around the base.

I believe I did mention something to hang the boots on, but again it is not a big deal...It is worth at least $5 dollars more than what you charged me for it.

Especially with the extra long screws.

Does Cedar dowel exist ? Can I buy it at Lowes or HOme Depot..

Tack Driver
August 12th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Does Cedar dowel exist ? Can I buy it at Lowes or HOme Depot..

Yes, and extra long screws to mount them with.

thedishdoc
August 12th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Here's what I ended up with. It holds my plate carrier as well as my battle belt. I put the phallic symbol on top as a shout out to Ike and his Dick cake icon as well as having a place to hang my helmet. I have leveling feet on the bottom. I'm into this stand about $18 on wood and $6 in paint. I'm happy with it and have been inspired to build another smaller version for my chainmail and Roman helmet. I'll post some pics of that when I get it done.

YankeeFingergasm
August 12th, 2014, 09:09 PM
I gotta say when I saw the first photos of it I thought it may end up being a little top heavy. I was wrong though. Looks good doc!! Thumbs up.

Bitter American
August 13th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Nice job! :goodjob:

thedishdoc
August 13th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Thanks guys. I wouldn't have thought of making one until I saw this thread.

Tack Driver
August 13th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Thanks guys. I wouldn't have thought of making one until I saw this thread.

I'm glad you did. I'm stealing part of your design.

thedishdoc
August 13th, 2014, 08:57 PM
I'm glad you did. I'm stealing part of your design.Take whatever you can use from it. Interested to see what ya do.

30plusretlaw
September 29th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Nice!!!!my next proyect after I finish my work/gun bench

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207545982027323&set=pcb.10207545986587437&type=3&theater

Tack Driver
September 29th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Nice!!!!my next proyect after I finish my work/gun bench

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207545982027323&set=pcb.10207545986587437&type=3&theater

I can't see it.

Fuck facebook.

30plusretlaw
September 29th, 2015, 10:17 AM
I can't see it.

Fuck facebook.
LOL let me see if I can upload my phone photos.

Tack Driver
September 29th, 2015, 10:20 AM
dishdoc, how's your stand holding up?

30plusretlaw
September 29th, 2015, 10:48 AM
My son move to Tally, so I'm going to converted his room into my "man cave". I seen Pallet projects, so I decided to use pallets. I was going to use pallets for the top, but, this pallets are so well made, that , I was having a very hard time taking them apart, and braking the wood, so I decided to just buy wood for the top.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150822_122355_zpsjkyi0xqp.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150822_122355_zpsjkyi0xqp.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150822_115745_zps8nfxwahn.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150822_115745_zps8nfxwahn.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150822_120155_zpsiukjjqx5.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150822_120155_zpsiukjjqx5.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150822_130530_zpsxenjkedu.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150822_130530_zpsxenjkedu.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150822_120146_zps1kyeqn1u.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150822_120146_zps1kyeqn1u.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150822_131504_zpssx8sprra.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150822_131504_zpssx8sprra.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150822_152449_zpsvbppa6f5.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150822_152449_zpsvbppa6f5.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150822_200949_zpst2pa72kq.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150822_200949_zpst2pa72kq.jpg.html)

30plusretlaw
September 29th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Part 2, I still need to build a drawer for the legs and a door for the back, which is going to be my stoarage for gun related stuff. I had to make it look pretty to get my wife of my back. you know the "you taking your sons room and now you are puttin that uggly monster inside?"

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150822_215513_zpsnssn8msb.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150822_215513_zpsnssn8msb.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150822_223343_zpsty8rzvnf.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150822_223343_zpsty8rzvnf.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150823_160209_zpsqossvb0p.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150823_160209_zpsqossvb0p.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150823_164151_zpslyywvthv.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150823_164151_zpslyywvthv.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150823_170037_zpsldjeu6oa.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150823_170037_zpsldjeu6oa.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150823_182202_zpspyk9wlhx.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150823_182202_zpspyk9wlhx.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150823_182344_zpsf3g3wbz5.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150823_182344_zpsf3g3wbz5.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150907_124336_zpsahpv1h9d.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150907_124336_zpsahpv1h9d.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150907_145826_zpsstg9cxod.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150907_145826_zpsstg9cxod.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150926_145248_zpsmnyl0b2s.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150926_145248_zpsmnyl0b2s.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150926_180828_zpsta6dmwv6.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150926_180828_zpsta6dmwv6.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150926_195948_zpsvp6zu8h8.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150926_195948_zpsvp6zu8h8.jpg.html)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/30PlusRetlaw/20150926_201805_zpsajzqyep1.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/30PlusRetlaw/media/20150926_201805_zpsajzqyep1.jpg.html)

30plusretlaw
September 29th, 2015, 11:09 AM
I didn't want to cut the pallets and doing so would eliminate the storage on the rear, also, leaving the size of the pallets untouch, gave me space to the sides, that would be eliminated by making it flush.

thedishdoc
September 29th, 2015, 12:28 PM
dishdoc, how's your stand holding up?Like a champ bro. I screwed and glued it. No issues here. Problems with yours?

Tack Driver
September 29th, 2015, 12:51 PM
I never made one for myself. Iknow, I know.

NJC
September 29th, 2015, 12:54 PM
The one tack made me is great. Bunch of gear on it.
Feet were too big so two of them got chopped.
Fits better now.
He knows woodworking.

thedishdoc
September 29th, 2015, 01:00 PM
I was worried with Tacks design that the connection between the base and upright would loosen up/fail. That's why I made mine a bit wider. A stable base/foundation is the key for most projects!

NJC
September 29th, 2015, 01:14 PM

I think it really only has wo benefits. Gear his heavy and takes up space, this accommodates that. When gear needs to dry or air out, this works well. Set a fan beside it and it is good to go.

OscarMike1127
September 29th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Also, its tacticool as balls.

thedishdoc
September 29th, 2015, 01:35 PM
I'm at a loss to understand how these are better than a sturdy coat hanger and a couple shelves in the closet... It's fucking cool. No other reason required. Do you have armor Lone? It ain't like a tacticool vest, that shit is heavy! You gotta buy a special hanger for that shit and it's a pain in the ass to try to fuck with your gear hanging in a closet.

Tack Driver
September 29th, 2015, 01:36 PM
I'm at a loss to understand how these are better than a sturdy coat hanger and a couple shelves in the closet...

AR500 makes a steel hanger that would be strong enough, but I don't know what I'd trust to hang it on. Also, like NJC said, it won't dry worth a damn in a closet.

Arranging web gear is much easier when it's not all in a pile too.

NJC
September 29th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Also, its tacticool as balls.

^^^^^^
I like this guy !!

He can run and shoot too !!

thedishdoc
September 29th, 2015, 02:55 PM
dishdoc, how's your stand holding up?Still standing.

NJC
September 29th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Very cool.
Was that the missing mag there on the rig ??

thedishdoc
September 29th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Very cool.
Was that the missing mag there on the rig ??Oscar Mike has my missing mag.

thedishdoc
September 29th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Doc takes a walk of shame :dammit::escape:

OscarMike1127
September 29th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Oscar Mike has my missing mag.

Ill give it back to you at the Bugout Bonanza!!

thedishdoc
September 29th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Ill give it back to you at the Bugout Bonanza!!When and where is that?

OscarMike1127
September 29th, 2015, 03:05 PM
When and where is that?

https://forum.capitalcitygunforum.com/showthread.php?9364-Bugout-Bonanza

Cattle/Horses
September 29th, 2015, 04:34 PM
I'm at a loss

:headslap:

thedishdoc
September 29th, 2015, 04:52 PM
The one tack made me is great. Bunch of gear on it.
Feet were too big so two of them got chopped.
Fits better now.
He knows woodworking.Kunta Kinta will never run the same, but it beats what his other option was.

Countryboy27012
September 29th, 2015, 10:39 PM
I'm always late to the party...

Great ideas and I'm digging the A7X poster!!!

mattb
December 31st, 2015, 01:57 AM
I built one today. It looks like a crippled hearse horse with a wooden leg.

0utlaw
December 31st, 2015, 09:15 AM
I know how you feel, when it comes to carpentry....I'm a helluva welder.

Bodo
December 31st, 2015, 09:17 AM
I know how you feel, when it comes to carpentry....I'm a helluva welder.

True story and quite the understatement.

0utlaw
December 31st, 2015, 09:41 AM
I'll take that as a jab AND a compliment.