PDA

View Full Version : System Backups

jonastio
June 7th, 2014, 03:02 AM
Just because I'm a geek, and I enjoy being able to tell you folks what's been done for the forum:

I *finally* got a system backup scheme running. With the way I'm backing up the database, if something really goes haywire or we get hacked, I'll be able to restore the forum's database to a certain time during the day. Say the hack happened at 1:00pm, I'll be able to restore everything up to 12:59pm in short order and we can all get on with our lives. I've got the full backup running nightly of both the forum web files and the database. It's been something that's been bugging me for a bit, but especially with the decent growth we've seen and the increasing activity, I felt it was getting to the point of being actively stupid to not do. Now, I've just got to figure out an off-site location to store the full backups (not the incrementals).

I've also enabled some additional logging on the system. I've personally seen the system take up to 10 or 15 seconds just to post something. I'm gonna figure out what's going on. Anyone else had that random issue?

polebarn
June 7th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Not being a geek,I really appreciate your work here to make the place better.

Cattle/Horses
June 7th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Thanks Jonas for everything you do.

Johnny
June 7th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Way to go slackass!outstanding!

mapper
June 7th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Outstanding..appreciate the dedication and making things go from a major PIA put the road cones out because we are gonna be here awhile event to a inconvience.

Tack Driver
June 7th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Great work as always.

FLT
June 7th, 2014, 10:23 AM
You're the man Jonas .

Rumbler
June 7th, 2014, 06:06 PM
No slow loads (or posts) here.

Thanks, Jonas!!

0utlaw
June 7th, 2014, 08:22 PM
:goodjob:

GSinadinos
July 11th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Hey! IRS, take notes. If we can do it here, you can do it too haha.