PDA

View Full Version : Guerrilla Getdown 1.0

rr53
May 18th, 2014, 05:06 PM
I would like to report that GG1.0 was as expected. My rating would be 4.73 golden stars.

I could give it a 5, but a few dissapointments were experienced.

1. The free snake hunt, included in the package, was exhilarating, but 16 hunters seemed like overkill for 3 little snakes.

2. Between 9PM and 2AM, the noise level increased to an intolerable cocaphony. It seemed to come from the SW and continued unabated. No amount of complaining helped quell this disturbance.

3. The host, while knowledgable and personable, failed to consume all of the gifts presented to him.

Would I repeat this class? Yes. Would I recommend this class to others? Definetly.

Now....." You wanna GO?"

American
May 18th, 2014, 06:09 PM
From this students perspective I would report GG 1 was a great success. Instruction was well presented, we had good conversation, and made new friends.

Tom.
Oath keeper

thedishdoc
May 18th, 2014, 07:00 PM
FLASH TRAFFIC
Guerrilla Get down – After Action Report.

My observations. YMMV
1.Snake boots are expensive and HOT! They are worth it!
2.When I’m not walking and I can drive in I will bring a tent. It’s worth it.
3.When I can drive in I’ll bring a sleeping bag and a cot. See item #2.
4.Skillsets were practiced.
5.Bonds were forged.
6.Beers were consumed. Beer are good.
7.Old dudes snore. Loudly! I am one of them :-0
On a serious note, one thing I observed was this. On day 1 we ran different formations and then on day 2 we ran a different lesson. Some of us including myself seemed to forget day 1 training and move like rabble thru the 2nd day’s lesson in terms of the formations we learned the previous day. (I will not mention the lesson plan, but if you were there you understand) I think the purpose of the instruction is to build on itself. As such we should try to incorporate our previous training with our future exercises. JMHO! You guys were great!
I’m pretty damn tired but it was worth it and I enjoyed the heck out of hanging out with you guys.

Cattle/Horses
May 18th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Did Tack make it and get his stuffs?

HarleyBrent
May 18th, 2014, 08:19 PM
FLASH TRAFFIC
Guerrilla Get down – After Action Report.

1. Great bunch of guy's!

2. great location

3. Jafar is a patient & knowlegable instructor, even when not feeling his best on day two.

4. I would do it again next week end!

I'm looking forward to the next one

+1 Rep'd for know'n stuff's

thedishdoc
May 18th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Yea he showed and he bunked with me. I woke up and he had his socks on his hands lol. No sleeping bag does that shit to a guy :-)

crawdaddy34
May 18th, 2014, 08:48 PM
This class was amazing. Flat out.

The instruction was well thought out, presented in a solid manner, and extremely informative. This class was a textbook example of "you don't know what you don't know".

Huge props to our instructor. Brother, thank you again.

I would also like to say, once again, that this is really an amazing group of people. Thank all of you as well.

thedishdoc
May 18th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Oh yea....

"you wanna go?"

Epic words were spoken!

crawdaddy34
May 18th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Oh yea....

"you wanna go?"

Epic words were spoken!

That needs to be in the constitution...

0utlaw
May 18th, 2014, 08:58 PM
I'm sure there is a story that goes with that........

Johnny
May 18th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Outlaw,stir damn it ,stir you are the man! do it!

thedishdoc
May 18th, 2014, 09:35 PM
I'm sure there is a story that goes with that........
It's a good one.

12bhunting
May 18th, 2014, 09:49 PM
So who wanted to go? Fucking suspense....

FLT
May 18th, 2014, 09:51 PM
I take it y'all are all honorary Georgians now?:yup::forcedshut::forcedshut:

HarleyBrent
May 18th, 2014, 10:01 PM
I take it y'all are all honorary Georgians now?:yup::forcedshut::forcedshut:

You wanna go?! :squiffied:

FLT
May 18th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Hell. I'm already a honorary Georgian . I own a house and land up there.:forcedshut:

HarleyBrent
May 18th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Hell Brother I don't know how to tell you this... I figured you were the first time I met ya.:P:shhh:

OscarMike1127
May 18th, 2014, 10:56 PM
First and foremost, it is always a pleasure and a rare gift to draw knowledge, skills and abilities from a practicing and experienced warfighter. Whether the instruction is on how to tie your boots in a better way, a “hip pocket” class on a rifle or weapons systems, or large and complex undertakings involving the use of many concepts, one should always jump at the chance to gain perspective. Even if the perspective or lessons learned are wrong, or even DEAD wrong, a warrior still stands to gain a lot by recognizing and knowing what not to do. - This was not one of those classes.

Perhaps the most valuable lessons learned in the class were those of perspective. Learning, dissecting, and recognizing the successes and failures of some of the greatest military leaders is a significant tool to have in your toolbox. An abbreviated breakdown of the evolution of grand tactics served to illustrate these individual successes and failures, meanwhile demonstrating the practical applications and uses of each tactic. The tactics were then applied to a small unit level. The concept is much like combining 5000 years of applied and evolved warfare and whoopass into one small, cohesive unit.

The concepts conveyed in a class are not simple. As such, a warrior can spend decades practicing and getting better. Much like martial arts, it is a constant study and a beautiful partnership between body and mind that never ends. Generally, there is what is called the “crawl, walk, run” phases when learning new and complex concepts like the ones that were taught at the class. You cannot expect to step into the ring with a seasoned and card-carrying UFC fighter after a few days in a mixed martial arts class. I believe that, for the sake of time, different walks of life, different levels of experience, the instructor was forced to begin training at closer to the “walk stage”. However, for the time frame of two days, there was an immense amount of information packed into every second of the class. I hope everyone took good notes! Digging deeper into these concepts, researching more, and practicing on your own time will undoubtedly pay dividends and become a force multiplier in building warrior skills.

Overall, the most beautiful thing about the class is this – it was what you made it and will continue to make it. You can take it all in and not waste a crumb and continue to digest it, or you can use bits and pieces as you see fit. In any case, strong foundations build skyscrapers. Stay brilliant in the basics, gentlemen!

thedishdoc
May 19th, 2014, 09:01 AM
OscarMikes rifle discipline is outstanding. I don't think he EVER even set his rifle down. He slept with it in his sleeping bag!

Highlander
May 19th, 2014, 09:06 AM
So who wanted to go? Fucking suspense....

It's not as exciting as it sounds. It was funny though. Thanks to all you guys who attended for making him feel accepted.

Tack Driver
May 19th, 2014, 10:22 AM

Yes sir, and thank you! It's still in my pack, but if I know you, I'm expecting a surprise when I get in it.

It's not as exciting as it sounds. It was funny though. Thanks to all you guys who attended for making him feel accepted.

We didn't really make him feel accepted; He WAS accepted. I'd feel a hell of a lot better about our future if all the whippersnappers were just like him.

OscarMike1127
May 19th, 2014, 12:28 PM
That kid is cool as hell and raised right! He was eager to learn and smart. I look forward to teaching him much more if he wants and Dad doesn't mind!

Dale Gribble
May 19th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Very sorry to have missed it. Except for the chiggers. I hate chiggers.

crawdaddy34
May 19th, 2014, 12:34 PM
This may be related or the weirdest shit ever.

Me and two of the others were drinking some beer after the class, and while I was looking at some stuff on the trailer I found a plastic glove that you use when shoving your arm up a cows cooter, full of syringes and some nitrile gloves.

Either you left your surprise or what I have isn't the fucking red bugs.

<<<< feels even smarter for sleeping in a locked truck now

Cattle/Horses
May 19th, 2014, 12:38 PM

Me and two of the others were drinking some beer after the class, and while I was looking at some stuff on the trailer I found a plastic glove that you use when shoving your arm up a cows cooter, full of syringes and some nitrile gloves.

You allergic to powder, some people are. Next time I'll send the powder free gloves.

Highlander
May 19th, 2014, 12:51 PM
That kid is cool as hell and raised right! He was eager to learn and smart. I look forward to teaching him much more if he wants and Dad doesn't mind!

Thanks OM. I'll tell him you said so. He is always eager and willing to learn.

Highlander
May 19th, 2014, 12:53 PM

Yawannago saw it in the trailer as we were unloading and said "I ain't touching those needles!"

Johnny
May 19th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Damn mudbug,i'm surprised you an tack made it thru the weekend with out getting carried by those gaint mosquitoes in soppchoppy,I guess being vertically challenged has some good things about it.the mosquitoes probabally figured that why fool with same meals when there where bigger meals available!!!!!!!!!

crawdaddy34
May 19th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Damn mudbug,i'm surprised you an tack made it thru the weekend with out getting carried by those gaint mosquitoes in soppchoppy,I guess being vertically challenged has some good things about it.the mosquitoes probabally figured that why fool with same meals when there where bigger meals available!!!!!!!!!

We may very well have been totted off if we had been in Sopchoppy...

Tack Driver
May 19th, 2014, 01:12 PM

Dammit.

Yeah, that's my stuff that Cattle Horses sent with RR for me.

Fruck.

I could have sworn it was in my pack. Then again, we did find my pack 1/2 way up the trail. :hrmmm:

crawdaddy34
May 19th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Dammit.

Yeah, that's my stuff...

W

T

F

:speechless:

Highlander
May 19th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Dammit.

Yeah, that's my stuff that Cattle Horses sent with RR for me.

Fruck.

I could have sworn it was in my pack. Then again, we did find my pack 1/2 way up the trail. :hrmmm:

Was you pack in the trailer when we went up first? I know that other stuffs was.

Tack Driver
May 19th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Was you pack in the trailer when we went up first?

Yeah, and it was on the right hand side of the trailer, and found on the right hand side of the trail. I deduced it came off on the way back.

Highlander
May 19th, 2014, 01:28 PM
That would make sense, however Yawannago hoofed it back to get his pack and didn't mention it when he got to the truck.

Tack Driver
May 19th, 2014, 01:29 PM
That would make sense, however Yawannago hoofed it back to get his pack and didn't mention it when he got to the truck.

Good thing it wasn't a snake. That's the only time the trailer went before me. Unless it got up there without the trailer. :chinscratch:

Highlander
May 19th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Amen to that! Hmmm...

OscarMike1127
May 19th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Very sorry to have missed it. Except for the chiggers. I hate chiggers.

I took my boots off as soon as I walked in the door. As I did so, a 2-inch long centipede went flipping through the air and into the living room floor... much to the panty-pissing horror of my wife.

Tack Driver
May 19th, 2014, 03:00 PM
I took my boots off as soon as I walked in the door. As I did so, a 2-inch long centipede went flipping through the air and into the living room floor... much to the panty-pissing horror of my wife.

I simply TOLD my GF about the snakes and the scorpion and the next thing I knew, all may gear was back outside.

Chicks. :rolleyes:

Downrange
May 19th, 2014, 03:21 PM
And there's no part of that story that is fabricated.
Tisk-Tisk, Jafar. You didn't wear your MOPP to sleep in!?!? Lord knows who or what was looking for a dark, warm crevice to sleep in out there.

Johnny
May 19th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Damn,tack I'm supprised that she did not throw you out aslo ,with the rest of the varmits!My wife would have!

Tack Driver
May 19th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Okay, so how do I get my stuffs back Jafar?

Downrange
May 20th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Probably try calling Dr. Pol. I threw that bovine date rape starter kit in the dipsy dumpster.
Now how can they connect Tack to the victim if you threw out all the DNA???

Johnny
May 20th, 2014, 02:20 PM
All they have to do is look for some short person riding around with a= a 6ft step ladder in is vechicle after dark!!!!!!!

FLT
May 20th, 2014, 02:24 PM
All they have to do is look for some shrot riding around with a= a 6ft step ladder in is vechicle after dark!!!!!!!

ROFLMFAO. REP'D

Punisher14
May 20th, 2014, 09:45 PM
I literally came out of retirement to online forums, to tell jayfar, thank you for the time and effort you put forth in the class. It was nice meeting most of you, though i dont speak the same dialect as most of you. I find it slightly troubling to yell at everyone I see, however if we all end up in a nursing home together, communication will not be a problem.

thedishdoc
May 20th, 2014, 10:29 PM
I literally came out of retirement to online forums, to tell jayfar, thank you for the time and effort you put forth in the class. It was nice meeting most of you, though i dont speak the same dialect as most of you. I find it slightly troubling to yell at everyone I see, however if we all end up in a nursing home together, communication will not be a problem. I think it's Jafar in our dialect. Glad you came out. Which one were you again?

thedishdoc
May 21st, 2014, 10:31 PM
Ummm... Beer, Strawberry Pop Tarts and a stocked med bag with Benadryl and aspirin.
Tents, cots and pillows are optional. YMMV!

:D