PDA

View Full Version : Bob's 308 Reload, Nuff Said in a Picture

TargetShooting
May 5th, 2014, 08:36 PM
The reload was for my Cheytac Safeside

But group below is from Savage 10 w/ a 9x cheap scope.

http://datangtt.org/UploadFile/2014-5/2014555132727381.jpg

YankeeFingergasm
May 5th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Jesus man.... pretty sure the SWFA 10X isn't a cheap scope. I'm going to have to dislike for posting the same picture you've already bragged about. Sorry TS.

0utlaw
May 5th, 2014, 08:57 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/347/099/5f7.jpg

TargetShooting
May 5th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Jesus man.... pretty sure the SWFA 10X isn't a cheap scope. I'm going to have to dislike for posting the same picture you've already bragged about. Sorry TS.

Whatever! 0.5 MOA at 200 yard, I think I am fixing to brag for a month.

mapper
May 5th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Try them out next Sunday at 300...of course there would be 17 more holes in the target..

That looks like a load it likes..

TargetShooting
May 5th, 2014, 09:23 PM
will try

Airgator0470
May 5th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Damn you guys crack me up... I wish I lived up there... and for $299.00 the SWFA 10X is, well, cheap in price.

mapper
May 5th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Bob, I'm Just trying to drum up more customers for your reload class on 5/24...lol

Rumbler
May 5th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Damn you guys crack me up... I wish I lived up there... and for $299.00 the SWFA 10X is, well, cheap in price.

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-3-9x42-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P50716.aspx

$599.95

Oh. Wait. I guess when we are talking David that is a VERY cheap scope. But not for us normal mortals.

:cool:

P.S. I wish you lived up here too. :thumbup:

TargetShooting
May 5th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Why can I rep myself...damn Jonas is a slacker

polebarn
May 6th, 2014, 06:47 AM

$599.95

Oh. Wait. I guess when we are talking David that is a VERY cheap scope. But not for us normal mortals.

What David means is anything that we can afford is cheap.

TargetShooting
May 6th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Bob, I'm Just trying to drum up more customers for your reload class on 5/24...lol

Now you take the credit of my doing, asshole?

TargetShooting
May 6th, 2014, 07:45 AM
What David means is anything that we can afford is cheap.

I thought its cheap. But, like I know better.
DCFO

Airgator0470
May 6th, 2014, 09:28 AM

$599.95

I was referring to YF: "Jesus man.... pretty sure the SWFA 10X isn't a cheap scope. I'm going to have to dislike for posting the same picture you've already bragged about. Sorry TS."

I have not seen the Savage rifle so I figured YF was referencing that it too had a 10X. I LOVE the SWFA scopes and think they are the BEST value... tough as nails, excellent repeatability, and good glass. Now SWFA does have some higher priced ones...

Cheap in price- YES Cheap in quality- NO

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-10x42-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P499.aspx

mapper
May 6th, 2014, 09:41 AM
TS,
not trying to take credit for anything, as I did not shoot, or Load the ammo..
bob has a class coming up on loading
ammo is one component, just like rifle, optics, and shooter.. Bob goes over this in his PR course.
handloads allow you to tune the ammo to the gun to what it likes the best.
that is the only point I was making.

and YES, I am looking forwad to Bobs Class,

you saw my 193 10x target at 300 yards.. they were my first loads..
so if discussing that drums up more interest in his class, so be it.

You have seen first hand what handloads can do over factory ammo..
just shooting lead, not jacketed, I can make 9 or 38 for 5 bux a box, 45 for 6.50 bux a box..

I guess I'm missing the point if this is a thread about the benefits of reloading.

Airgator0470
May 6th, 2014, 10:04 AM
TS,
not trying to take credit for anything, as I did not shoot, or Load the ammo..
bob has a class coming up on loading
ammo is one component, just like rifle, optics, and shooter.. Bob goes over this in his PR course.
handloads allow you to tune the ammo to the gun to what it likes the best.
that is the only point I was making.

and YES, I am looking forwad to Bobs Class,

you saw my 193 10x target at 300 yards.. they were my first loads..
so if discussing that drums up more interest in his class, so be it.

You have seen first hand what handloads can do over factory ammo..
just shooting lead, not jacketed, I can make 9 or 38 for 5 bux a box, 45 for 6.50 bux a box..

I guess I'm missing the point if this is a thread about the benefits of reloading.

I don't think David is mad... he's easy going and I think he's just poking at you for fun... thanks though for you guys trying to get more folks to come to the class... we have about 7 or 8 as it is... the more the better.

Make sure to bring a grill out treat, your range toys, and LOTS of ammo. After class is social powder burning time...

jonastio
May 6th, 2014, 01:30 PM
I was referring to YF: "Jesus man.... pretty sure the SWFA 10X isn't a cheap scope. I'm going to have to dislike for posting the same picture you've already bragged about. Sorry TS."

I have not seen the Savage rifle so I figured YF was referencing that it too had a 10X. I LOVE the SWFA scopes and think they are the BEST value... tough as nails, excellent repeatability, and good glass. Now SWFA does have some higher priced ones...

Cheap in price- YES Cheap in quality- NO

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-10x42-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P499.aspx

I could get that scope and take your precision rifle class? Is that a good one you would suggest?

Airgator0470
May 6th, 2014, 01:51 PM
I could get that scope and take your precision rifle class? Is that a good one you would suggest?

The SWFA fixed 10X scopes are a damn good buy. I've used a couple out past 1000 yards and had no problems with repeatability (turrets returning to zero). The glass/image is clear and quite nice considering the low cost.

SWFA makes a few different versions, MIL/MIL (mil dot reticle/MIL adjustments); MIL/MOA (mil dot reticle/MOA adjustments), rear parallax adjustment, side parallax adjustment, fixed 10x, 12x, 16x, and 20x as well as variable power.

I'd highly recommend the fixed 10x, rear parallax adjustment, MIL/MIL for $299... if you're on a budget, if not, and you don't mind an extra $100, get the side parallax adjustment at $399. Neither is necessarily "better", just design.

I've heard the 16x and 20xare not as clear... besides, 10x is quite adequate out to 1000 yards.

Hope this helps...

jonastio
May 6th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Would Mil/Mil or Mil/MOA be better suited for your class?

Dale Gribble
May 6th, 2014, 02:43 PM
This scope also seems to get high praise.

The Bushnell Elite stuff is made in Japan.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/950843/bushnell-elite-3200-tactical-rifle-scope-10x-40mm-1-10-mil-adjustments-mil-dot-reticle-matte?cm_vc=ProductFinding

0utlaw
May 6th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Would Mil/Mil or Mil/MOA be better suited for your class?

Go Mil/Mil and you will never regret it. Mil/Moa and you have an extra step to calculate.

thedishdoc
May 6th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Go Mil/Mil and you will never regret it. Mil/Moa and you have an extra step to calculate.
I don't even get why they make MIL/MOA, the guys brother in law must own the chart calculating company.

Airgator0470
May 7th, 2014, 04:23 AM
I don't have a problem using MIL/MOA. Either way, MIL/MOA or MIL/MIL, you still need a BC to dial in initial and accurate corrections. Based on your spot, or a spotter's spot, of a miss... you just HOLD the correction and fire a second shot. It's like wind, no one hardly DIALS in "corrections".

I say this in case someone runs across a great deal on a MIL/MOA scope... to me, it's not a deal breaker.