PDA

View Full Version : Talon, ever thought of child care?

BR549
April 30th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Bear with me on this.

My wife wants to train...we have 3 kids.

Sitters run $12 an hour for those three making a half day of shooting with her a very costly endeavor.

Her gym has included childcare...you could make one of those portables a romper-room, put grandpa rumbler in charge, and my wife and I could have some quiet time on the range!

Tack Driver
April 30th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Rumblercare!

cceveland
April 30th, 2014, 04:37 PM
grandpa rumbler
That^

Billythekid
April 30th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Storytime would consist of Jeff Cooper, CQB tactics, and why all calibers other than .45 ACP suck.

Tack Driver
April 30th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Hay rides around the property and shit.............yeah, I'm liking this.

Cattle/Horses
April 30th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Rumbler Room!

The new Romper Room!

With 27 WTXL right down the road I'm sure they would pick it up.

Rumbler
April 30th, 2014, 07:59 PM
The lounge is already a pretty good romper room. We even have little people furniture in there. Complete with cable tv, crayons, paper, video games, duct tape . . oh, no ,wait, that is kept in the child care worker's go bag along with the velcro for the kids with sensitive skin.

Seriously, I think that there is a real possibility something can be worked out. Something that does not include duct tape or velcro. Lemme talk to JD & Charlie. What are their ages and are they boys, girls, or both?

You can PM me that info if you want . . . .

surfer5
April 30th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Well hell I may wanna get in on the Rumbler Room. 4yo girl and 6yo boy. I have a 16yo boy too but he'd be in the range with me. :)

JMW4570
April 30th, 2014, 08:52 PM
ORumblercare!

Rumbler
April 30th, 2014, 09:00 PM
I'm thinking one of Charlie's (almost) grown kids or JD's son and (oldest) daughter babysitting.

I think it safe to say starting up a full fledge child care facility is out of the question. We already do that for "adults" from the time we open to the time we close seven days a week.

Think I'm kidding? How about some brain dead dipshit shooting up the steel on the 30 yard 270 degree range (#15) with their 7.62x54R just a few days ago . . . . it happened. They even left the brass laying there on the ground.

talon2
April 30th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Actually my 14 year old daughter has completed the TMH sponsored child care class. We have discussed offering this on the weekends and during the summer. I'm thinking we can work something out. She and her twin brother both plan on working this summer.

Johnny
May 1st, 2014, 10:46 AM
fellows it seems like this is the best group I have ever been envolved with in all my years of shooting across the south& southwest.It is unbelieveable that you go to these measures to try and make some one able to shoot.

Johnny
May 1st, 2014, 10:48 AM
fellows it seems like this is the best group I have ever been envolved with in all my years of shooting across the south& southwest.It is unbelieveable that you go to these measures to try and make some one able to shoot.I must say that I am proud to be a member of this club

Evil_McNasty
May 1st, 2014, 03:13 PM
As long as there isn't some odd legal issues involved, it could be a great idea. I have a 6 year old daughter and would use the service for sure.

chenzzo
May 1st, 2014, 04:38 PM
All kinds of +1 on this.

BR549
May 1st, 2014, 04:46 PM
8y girl
5y girl
3y boy

if this happened it would blow my mind.

NJC
May 1st, 2014, 04:57 PM
my Kids are old enough to be alone for a while...but I think this is a great idea. If I had young kids I would also be all over this.

NJC

jonastio
May 6th, 2014, 01:47 PM
When I was out at the range on Sunday, my girls had a blast coloring with the markers and colored pencils. Sure, I was back and forth a LOT between the rifle range and the club house, but they were well entertained.

Rumbler
June 2nd, 2014, 04:25 PM
Oh Geeez Ike, I actually remember that show . . . . :omfg:

0utlaw
June 2nd, 2014, 04:42 PM
Well that's a good sign.