PDA

View Full Version : Brought home GOLD!

bumblebee
April 27th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Daughter # 2 participated in the Florida Junior Olympic Qualifier at Gainesville over the weekend. It was open to all shooters age 20 and under. She shoots International Bunker, which is what they shoot in the Olympics. The event, which is held in every State, is sanctioned by USA Shooting. She is trying to get enough points to get a spot on the Team USA National Junior Olympic Squad.

It is like Trap except there are 15 throwers instead of 1 and the birds fly between 85 and 100 MPH instead of the 35 MPH that comes out of an ATA trap house. She brought home 2 gold medals. She won gold in her age class (12 to 14), and she won the gold for Women's High Score of the event. She is the State Champion! She also finished 11th overall (boys and girls) for the event. It was a long, but rewarding weekend for her.

Her next event is the White Flyer Grand Prix at the South Georgia Youth Shooting facility at Hartsfield, Ga.. near Moultrie this weekend, May 3rd and 4th.

Rumbler
April 27th, 2014, 10:02 PM
That is EXCELLENT!!! Please pass along my congratulations to her. Just SUPER !!!!!!! :yourock:

Jmoorewar
April 27th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Congrats to her man,that's awsome.

HILLBILLY
April 27th, 2014, 10:08 PM
wow tell her congrats....i bet your proud as hell

HarleyBrent
April 27th, 2014, 10:11 PM
That's great! Much congratulations! :headbang:

Cattle/Horses
April 27th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Congratulations! Good luck next weekend.

rr53
April 27th, 2014, 10:28 PM
That should make you sleep better at night. Nothing like a dead eye daughter to keep the peckerheads at bay.

mapper
April 28th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Fantastic!

CoachLongShot
April 28th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Congratulations!!

Johnny
April 28th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Congrats,good work.

thedishdoc
April 28th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Outstanding. I know you are very proud of her.

BR549
April 28th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Congrats! The event is open to those under 20, how young is she?

That's phenomenal!

Tack Driver
April 28th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Hard earned I know. Congratulations.

DeeselDave
April 28th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Wow!
Congrats all around.
Bet you're a proud Papa

YankeeFingergasm
April 28th, 2014, 08:08 PM
That's really great. Proof positive that practice pays off!

Oath Keepers
April 28th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Now THAT'S good parenting!

bumblebee
May 18th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Gotta post a Proud Pappa update! Yesterday, daughter #2 competed as an At Large participant in the Georgia Jr. Olympic Qualifier. Because she is a Florida Resident, she was not eligible to win medals in the Georgia State event.

She outshot a member of Team USA's World Cup Team to win the Women's Overall High Score for the event by 1 target! The next stop is the Jr. Olympics Meet at Team USA's National Headquarters at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Co., in July!

If you are on Facebook, you can "Like" and follow her at abby's bunker. If anyone has a bucket of money laying around they don't need, she could use some help with expenses...

PaperPuncher
May 19th, 2014, 07:51 AM
You said those girls were good but WOW!!!!

... If anyone has a bucket of money laying around they don't need, she could use some help with expenses...

While I'm looking for that bucket, I've got an old spring-loaded clay pigeon launcher and a box of birds they can have. It's pretty poor but it's all I got that is relevant. They can't have my shotgun, sorry.

You must be burning through a lotta shotguns shells. Are you reloading them?

bumblebee
May 19th, 2014, 05:00 PM
You said those girls were good but WOW!!!!

While I'm looking for that bucket, I've got an old spring-loaded clay pigeon launcher and a box of birds they can have. It's pretty poor but it's all I got that is relevant. They can't have my shotgun, sorry.

You must be burning through a lotta shotguns shells. Are you reloading them?

I just bought a MEC 9000. Will take delivery tomorrow. Trying to press 4 flats per week on a 600 Jr was just too much for an old man!