PDA

View Full Version : RELOADING CLASS May 24th Aucilla, FL

Airgator0470
April 8th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Date: Saturday May 24th (will hold a Sunday class if necessary)
Time: 9am until EOM
Place: Aucilla, FL

Cost: $50.00 per person

CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED. To reserve a seat, you MUST e-mail me at Bob@Signal-0.com with your NAME and PHONE NUMBER.

OK… here is the deal… class will start at 0900 hours (9am)and will last as long as necessary to accomplish the mission.

This class will focus on the BASICS of metallic cartridgereloading using the SINGLE STAGE PRESS method. We will discuss the PROGRESSIVE RELOADIZNG PROCESS as well.

This will be a LECTURE and DEMONSTRATION class with limitedpractical hands on application. I saylimited because I don’t have 10 or 15 separate reloading stations for everyoneto work on at one time.

I will have several presses present, case trimmers, powderscales, powder throwers, etc. and other miscellaneous reloadingparaphernalia. After thelecture/demonstration, students will have an opportunity to load rifle orpistol ammo from start to finish. NO…we won’t be loading 100 rounds per student… I’m think 5 rounds or so to get theidea. More if time allows.

WHILE NOT REQUIRED, IF YOU HAVE BRASS, POWDER, PRIMERS, AND BULLETS YOU WOULD LIKE TO LOAD... BRING THEM.

We will then go shoot the ammo. I realize everyone has a specific rifle or pistol they want toload for… don’t worry… this class is to teach, discuss, and apply the BASICSof SAFE reloading. Thetechniques will apply to all calibers.

We will explore press function and designs, we will examinevarious reloading die sets for pistol and rifle, including carbide, 2-piece,and 3-piece dies and other specialty dies. This will include diedisassembly, cleaning, and assembly as well as various decapping pinarrangements.

We will cover in depth the four components of thereloading process including BRASS, PRIMER, POWDER, and BULLET. This means construction and specifics abouteach component.

We will discuss/demonstrate how to determine the amount oflead/freebore in the rifle chamber and how it can relate to CARTRIDGE OVERALLLENGTH and accuracy. We will alsodiscuss how this can help track throat erosion issues.

RIFLE- you will get to clean and inspect a riflecase(s). You will FULL LENGTH SIZE case(s), measure the Case Overall Length, trim the case(s), chamfer thecase mouth, clean/uniform/swage primer pockets, prime the case(s), measure thepowder charge and charge the case(s), seat the bullet(s), and crimp thebullet(s) if desired.

PISTOL-Same as above except no trimming (will discuss) and you will learn how toproperly bell the case mouth. On crimping, we will discuss crimp options forhandgun cartridges and those that headspace on the case mouth.

If you have any questions, just send me an e-mail or PM. NO NEED TO BRING PRESSES OR GEAR... table space will be limited.

Airgator0470
April 11th, 2014, 05:51 AM
There are just a couple spots left for the class on Saturday.... any questions, just ask.

Airgator0470
April 25th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Looks like we have about 8 guys... that is if TS is coming. Make sure to bring your lunch and something to grill afterwards if you want to stay and socialize, shoot some ammo, and sip some suds.

Anyone else?

TargetShooting
April 26th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Looks like we have about 8 guys... that is if TS is coming. Make sure to bring your lunch and something to grill afterwards if you want to stay and socialize, shoot some ammo, and sip some suds.

Anyone else?

I will try. can't finalize. But I can always sit on the floor if I have too.

TargetShooting
April 27th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Why haven't they start to sell "affordable" automated reloading machine? I can't believe this isn't happening

I want a reload machine that does job all for it self. All I need to do is:
1. Put the brass (dirty of not) into brass tray. Machine cleans them, reshape them.
2. Put primers into primer tray.
3. Put bullets into bullet tray.
4. Pour powder into Powder tray, then set the number of grams.
5. Turn it on and you go off the bed

Next morning you'll will have everything reloaded to perfection.

TargetShooting
April 27th, 2014, 07:59 PM
They did. It's called factory ammo.
See?
Theres money to b made here. Can no one design a personal size unit like that under $ 2k?

FLT
April 27th, 2014, 08:12 PM
See?
Theres money to b made here. Can no one design a personal size unit like that under $ 2k?

In a word. NO

Airgator0470
May 13th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Class is still a go... room available...

AUfish11
May 13th, 2014, 08:29 PM
I'll be there.

Anyone have dies for 7.5x55 Swiss? If so I'll try and track down the components to reload the brass I have. Just saving the brass for now.

Airgator0470
May 13th, 2014, 10:18 PM
I'll be there.

Anyone have dies for 7.5x55 Swiss? If so I'll try and track down the components to reload the brass I have. Just saving the brass for now.

Can't help you there... we could just go rogue and pound the brass into the chamber to size them and then beat them back out to load... remind me to tell you a story about this technique at the class...

mapper
May 22nd, 2014, 08:25 PM
I am looking forward to this bob...
Especially the diffrences in chambers and setting up of sizing dies for multiple rifles