PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Pin Match Thursday Night?

CoachLongShot
March 25th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Is Talon going to have the bowling pin match again on Thursday night?

Rumbler
March 25th, 2014, 07:53 AM
You Bet !!!!!

I even heard a rumor that a gazillion bowling pins have been sourced. :banana:

JMW4570
March 25th, 2014, 08:55 AM
What time?

JMW4570
March 25th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Just thinking. It might be good to have a simple write-up on this to help promote it and get some more participation.

Event:
When:
Where:
Match Fees:
Equipment requirements:
Round count (minimum), (recommended)
Course of Fire:
Rules/General Information:

Rumbler
March 25th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Wait. You expect JD to be that organized? He is retired. :jester:

Just kidding. . . . sorta. Lemme see what I can nail down, I should be seeing him in the next little while. If he comes to work today. :p

Johnny
March 25th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Hell rumbler,when you are retired you come & go as you wish.Good luck finding him! I will be there

CoachLongShot
March 25th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Ooooo....Ooooo... I got it!!

Event: Bowling Pin Match (For those that don't bowl)
When: Thursday Night March 27th, 6:00p.
Where: Talon Range
Match Fees: 10 bucks. Bring cash.
Equipment requirements: Big Handgun; Big Holster; Extra Loading devices (magazines, speed loaders, or moon clips); Big Fast Ammunition
Round count (minimum), (recommended): 100 round min.; 150 round max.?? (If you run out I'll bet you can get some at the club house or beg from your fellow bowlers!)
Course of Fire: Stand still; Shoot Pins Off Table; Aim Carefully; Don't miss; Shoot Pins Off Table.
Rules/General Information: Try to be on time, be ready, be safe, do what JD tells you to do to, don't whine, have fun.

Sound about right?

Coach.

JMW4570
March 25th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Coach, Here is another version with a little more detail hopefully - correct as needed. Jim

Event: Bowling Pin Match
When: Thursday Night March 27th, 6:00p.
Where: Talon Range
Match Fees: 10 bucks. Bring cash.
Equipment requirements: Handgun (semi-auto or revolver, iron sights); Holster or bag; Extra Loading devices (magazines, speed loaders, or moon clips - 6 rounds per magazine/clip allowed); centerfire ammunition, eye and ear protection required.
Round count (minimum), (recommended): 50 round min.; Bring 100 and you'll be covered (club house has ammo for sale)
Course of Fire: Competitors are paired up with random draw. Starting position: Low Ready with gun loaded with 6 rounds. At the signal engage the 5 pins on the table, reload as necessary (6 rounds max per magazine, moon clip, speedloader). Winner of round completely clears table first and advances. Additional rounds/brackets until a single winner results.
Rules/General Information: Guns unloaded holstered or bagged until directed to load at shooting line. Be safe, do what match director (JD) tells you to do to, don't whine, have fun.

Johnny
March 25th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Yep boys and girls it is fun

talon2
March 25th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Sounds about right to me Jim.. I won't be there this week. My son has a baseball game at Tallavana Christian that starts at 4. I made a promise not to miss any more of my kids games after I retired. I plan on keeping it. Kevin and Mike will run the show, ya'll step up and help out. Have fun should be rule number 1.

CoachLongShot
March 27th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Have fun gang. Have to go home and take care of "Honey you better get this done!" chores tonight. If I mention pistols, ranges or bowling pins, you'll read about me in the paper tomorrow.

Coach.

Rumbler
March 27th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Wow! What a GREAT match . . . or three!

Ken won the money, David (TargetShooting) won the fun shoot afterward.

Anyone that thinks this game is predictable should have been there tonight. Imagine this . . .

First shot takes out four of the five pins. You still lose the round.

Photo finish so close video has to be consulted and THAT still has to be reviewed several times to see who actually won the round.

36, may have been 42 rounds to clear the table of five pins. Magazines flying everywhere. You still win the round.

Yeah. Very little is predictable in a bowling pin match.:cool:

YankeeFingergasm
March 27th, 2014, 09:05 PM
I so hope to make it to some of these.

TargetShooting
March 27th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Woohoo! The Bowling Pin Shoot Off is the best shooting game so far, to me!

Looks easy, but with peer pressure and tendency to go fast, coupled with other uncertainties, this league game is definitely a testimony of "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast"!

Around a dozen people showed up but I think it'll definitely attract more people. As of myself I am having a blast, still.

This gentleman is a great shooter. I think he won the official title for tonight.

Now as game went on, all bowling pins were stucked with numerous 230gr bullets and it got so much heavier that it became harder for shooters to knock it off the table by just one hit. Hence the struggling below.
2225 2226

Johnny
March 27th, 2014, 09:51 PM
See you next Thursday david and all!

Jmoorewar
March 27th, 2014, 11:40 PM
So who's gunna let me use there .45 if I get to go?just need gun I'll bring my own ammo.

AB
March 27th, 2014, 11:45 PM
At some point I'll have a Thursday free.

Jmoorewar
March 27th, 2014, 11:48 PM
I'm on the same boat,my work is day by day.i never know whats gunna happen,add wife and 2 young kids and I rarely get to do shit.

HarleyBrent
March 28th, 2014, 01:19 AM
You can use mine when i'm there

CoachLongShot
March 28th, 2014, 06:01 AM
Jmoorewar, I'll spot ya a .45 when we're at the matches at the same time.

Coach.

Rumbler
March 28th, 2014, 07:36 AM
I'm pretty sure a gun won't be a problem. If my big red range bag is there I will probably have two or three handy.

JMW4570
April 1st, 2014, 01:09 PM
Match on for this Thursday?

Rumbler
April 1st, 2014, 06:21 PM
You bet!

Johnny
April 1st, 2014, 06:38 PM
I will be there Rumbler!

Rumbler
April 1st, 2014, 06:46 PM
Excellent! Looking forward to seeing you guys again. :)

We need to get our heads together then to figure out a way to remove Talon2's stated reason for not making the matches. After all this all was his idea, he dang sure should be able to shoot it. :)

Mikec2003
April 1st, 2014, 07:24 PM
Can you set aside 100 rounds of 10mm for me? i seem to have run out on my sunday range trip and will need some so I can miss the pins with high velocity

Rumbler
April 1st, 2014, 07:30 PM
I'll be happy to, Mike. :)

HarleyBrent
April 1st, 2014, 09:27 PM
I am planning on being there, if life allows

talon2
April 1st, 2014, 09:42 PM
I'm sorry but in the past 27 years I have missed enough Christmas,, Thanksgivings, Easters, birthdays and ballgames, I ain't gonna miss anymore unless something really bad is happening. I would like to be at every one but I am gonna have to miss one every now and then.
Excellent! Looking forward to seeing you guys again. :)

We need to get our heads together then to figure out a way to remove Talon2's stated reason for not making the matches. After all this all was his idea, he dang sure should be able to shoot it. :)

Rumbler
April 1st, 2014, 09:53 PM
I'm not fussin JD. God knows you have sacrificed WAY TOO MUCH already.

My line of thought was getting the majority (at least) to agree to an alternate evening - changing the match night - so you could attend regularly without any conflicts with your personal schedule. We know that you want to shoot these matches. We want you to too.

talon2
April 2nd, 2014, 10:13 AM
LOL I'd like to find one of this mythical free nights as well. One youngun' playing t ball, one playing coach pitch softball, one playing baseball and one that sings and acts. Plus a wife that runs a homicide investigation unit. I come to work to get some rest. It will slow down soon, the boy's baseball season ends next Tuesday.

Johnny
April 2nd, 2014, 01:57 PM
Talon2,i can make it another night with no problem.Just say when as I am flexible.

FLT
April 2nd, 2014, 03:25 PM
^^ What Johnny said. ^^ Just pick a night that works for you JD.

JMW4570
April 2nd, 2014, 03:26 PM
agreed...

talon2
April 2nd, 2014, 07:33 PM
Unfortunately their schedules are so random one day of the week in no better than the other. I really do appreciate everyone willing to do this for me.

crawdaddy34
April 2nd, 2014, 07:41 PM
http://www.smileygenerator.us/smiley_sign/links/smiley_sign.0080396001396482043.gif http://www.smileygenerator.us/smiley_sign/links/smiley_sign.0080396001396482043.gif http://www.smileygenerator.us/smiley_sign/links/smiley_sign.0080396001396482043.gif http://www.smileygenerator.us/smiley_sign/links/smiley_sign.0080396001396482043.gif

Johnny
April 2nd, 2014, 07:47 PM
Dang crawdog will you be sober after Friday get downs

crawdaddy34
April 2nd, 2014, 07:49 PM
Dang crawdog will you be sober after Friday get downs

http://www.smileygenerator.us/smiley_sign/links/smiley_sign.0740013001396482542.gif http://www.smileygenerator.us/smiley_sign/links/smiley_sign.0740013001396482542.gif http://www.smileygenerator.us/smiley_sign/links/smiley_sign.0740013001396482542.gif http://www.smileygenerator.us/smiley_sign/links/smiley_sign.0740013001396482542.gif

Johnny
April 2nd, 2014, 07:50 PM
Sounds good to me!

crawdaddy34
April 2nd, 2014, 07:53 PM
Sounds good to me!

Next party, first rounds on me sir...

:gfuf:

Rumbler
April 2nd, 2014, 07:57 PM
Crawpaw-paw, The range is pure busy from 7:00 AM until closing (8:00 PM - soon 9:00 PM ) on the weekends. I'm not sure Saturday is even plausible. :(

crawdaddy34
April 2nd, 2014, 08:01 PM
Crawpaw-paw, The range is pure busy from 7:00 AM until closing (8:00 PM - soon 9:00 PM ) on the weekends. I'm not sure Saturday is even plausible. :(

I know...

:mope:

But I guy can dream can't he???

Rumbler
April 2nd, 2014, 08:05 PM
Sure he can!! :headbang:

YankeeFingergasm
April 2nd, 2014, 08:09 PM
I may actually make this one.

crawdaddy34
April 2nd, 2014, 08:10 PM
I may actually make this one.

Thanks friend....

Make me feel worse....

:slap:

JMW4570
April 7th, 2014, 09:32 AM
FREE SHOOT (see below) Ok, make your plans for Thursday night at 1800 at Talon to come and play.

1. I'll be on travel this week, so you don't have to worry about me.
2. This is a lot of fun.
3. It doesn't take a lot of time (we shot through twice and left at 7:30pm)
4. It doesn't take a whole lot of ammo. Maybe a box if you aim, a whole bunch if you don't.
5. It makes you concentrate on accuracy with a speed component.
6. Its a lot of fun. See #2
7. I donated my winnings from last week plus some to sponsor the first 5 NEW shooters next week. Yep, show up early and the first 5 shoot for free if you are a first time shooter for the bowling pin match.

Rumbler
April 7th, 2014, 06:29 PM
I want to thank you publicly for your generosity, JMW4570. I checked this morning and the cash is in the safe.

The only part I have any problem with is that " . . . so you don't have to worry about me". I've been watching very closely the last couple of weeks who wins and who loses and why. I am absolutely convinced that any shooter that has come to the line in the last two weeks was more than capable of winning the entire match.

Even me. :roflmao:

Look at the evidence:

We have had a shooter go through 36 cartridges in one run and won that pairing.

We have had a shooter get 4 pins in one shot and lose that pairing.

A guy who by any definition is a well schooled professional shooter come within one pin of getting waxed by a little old guy that couldn't hold his pistol still for two seconds if he had a ransom rest bolted to his breast bone.

We had a guy go five pins in five shots, and get waxed.

TargetShooting won a match. The whole thing.

Anyone can win. Anyone can lose. Anytime.

That is part of why it is so much fun . . . . for me, at least.:goodjob:

TargetShooting
April 7th, 2014, 06:41 PM
I'll be there, screw the jet leg!

YankeeFingergasm
April 7th, 2014, 06:59 PM
FREE SHOOT (see below) Ok, make your plans for Thursday night at 1800 at Talon to come and play.

2. This is a lot of fun.
4. It doesn't take a whole lot of ammo. Maybe a box if you aim, a whole bunch if you don't.
7. I donated my winnings from last week plus some to sponsor the first 5 NEW shooters next week. Yep, show up early and the first 5 shoot for free if you are a first time shooter for the bowling pin match.

That's very kind and generous of you Jim.

Jmoorewar
April 7th, 2014, 07:30 PM
That's cool of you man.if my schudule isn't bad I'm gonna try and show.

Rumbler
April 10th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Don't forget - it starts tonight at 6.

Bring a new shooter or at least invite one. Remember the first five's entry fee is already paid!

YankeeFingergasm
April 10th, 2014, 09:00 PM
I had fun again. Won a few matches and lost a few. It's fun to get around a group of people, quality people, and have fun.

Rumbler
April 10th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Mike you are getting better every week!

I had a lot of fun too. There are few things I enjoy more than after the shooters finish saying: "Nice run! But if you will try shooting at the white things with the orange rings next time you will do even better!":p

YankeeFingergasm
April 10th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Mike you are getting better every week!

I had a lot of fun too. There are few things I enjoy more than after the shooters finish saying: "Nice run! But if you will try shooting at the white things with the orange rings next time you will do even better!":p

They're so cute and peaceful though. Maybe we could draw pictures of them drawing on us. Make them look a little more menacing.

Rumbler
April 10th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Might be worth a try.

Though I am not so sure, something those tables and the berm were doing sure must have been menacing.;)

YankeeFingergasm
April 10th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Might be worth a try.

Though I am not so sure, something those tables and the berm were doing sure must have been menacing.;)

Well the tables are green and gold and I hate Notre Dame so maybe there's something to that.

TargetShooting
April 11th, 2014, 12:14 AM
I sucked today. MikeC kicked ass, he definitely improved a lot. So did Tyler.

Rumbler
April 11th, 2014, 09:07 AM
I don't know Tyler very well yet. But I am pretty sure Mike is just finally getting over his "nerves". He can shoot that 10mm!

Mikec2003
April 12th, 2014, 12:08 AM
I suprised myself, I'll say that. Amazing what happens when you calm down and focus on the basics. And sight in for the ammo load, that helps too

crawdaddy34
April 12th, 2014, 08:51 AM

2. This is a lot of fun.

I know I'm a little late, but I just saw this.

Good show man.

VERY good show.