polebarn
March 7th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Who will be there tomorrow?

Jmoorewar
March 7th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Not I

ferris
March 7th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Im going around 1 with one of my coworkers.

AB
March 7th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Nope. I'm hitting Talon in the morning for final chrono, sighting, and some practice then I'm tied up until Sunday when it's back to Talon for final practice before AL State and then chores.

Johnny
March 8th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Just got back from the gunshow,it sucks could find powder,reloading dies,on 1911 mags with bumber pads or bumber pads.Worst gun show I have ever atteneded!

mapper
March 8th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Johnny,
What kind of powders were there?

YankeeFingergasm
March 8th, 2014, 04:49 PM
I wasn't all that impressed. Only 1 gun really jumped out at me, it was a Sig Sauer STX. Effing thing was SHARP! The second building wasn't as full this go around. The usual $25 mini-mag's, no bullet proof vest dog booth for the first time in a long time ago. I didn't buy a single thing for me.

ferris
March 8th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Don't forget the survival striker guy wasn't there.

Johnny
March 8th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Mapper,saw some h4831,imr 4064 only rifle powder,i was looking for some pistol powder for a friend.Also was looking for 45 acp dies none there came home and ordered them online.This show sucks 22 higher than you can buy them at basspro.the only thing that caught my eye was the same as yankee saw .

mapper
March 8th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Johnny,
Thanks..no need for me to pick up any 200 flat pt, or 230 lrn from the ga arms guys as there was none.
I may need to start casting..
I found some powder locally 2 weeks ago, and while it is not what I would have really liked it is a good subsitute and will do fine.

Like you I ordered the rest of my stuffs online..
Grafs before they sold out, and CTS trimmer.
I pulled the chicken off the grill, so I did not even miss the bbq.
It has been a year and a half since I have been.
It may be a trend untill supplies return to normal..I am not sure..

YankeeFingergasm
March 8th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Mapper,saw some h4831,imr 4064 only rifle powder,i was looking for some pistol powder for a friend.Also was looking for 45 acp dies none there came home and ordered them online.This show sucks 22 higher than you can buy them at basspro.the only thing that caught my eye was the same as yankee saw .

We have impeccable taste huh!

polebarn
March 8th, 2014, 08:26 PM
So how much were they asking for this Sig?

YankeeFingergasm
March 8th, 2014, 08:44 PM
$1075 I think

TargetShooting
March 8th, 2014, 09:41 PM
$1075 I think

If brand new buy for me Yangee.

YankeeFingergasm
March 8th, 2014, 10:32 PM
If brand new buy for me Yangee.

How about I buy you spell check first TargetShitting :poke:

TargetShooting
March 8th, 2014, 10:51 PM
:needshead:

How about I buy you spell check first TargetShitting :poke:

t332
March 9th, 2014, 07:42 AM
You guys are starting to make me wonder if I know anything about guns;) I saw a lot of good deals, even on dealers tables(not just individuals selling stuff). I saw a couple of guns that I had been looking at online, and they beat them by $50 to $150 below the lowest price I could find them(pretty good considering the guns only ranged from $400 to $600 anyway). I pickup some gear and magazines at well below market value. I agree the .22 was high but I just walked on by it, and I kept shopping. Talk about a deal on some ammo cans, there was a guy selling them in the first building at an AMAZING price:worship: Thanks, Tim

polebarn
March 9th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Tim,I sent you a PM;did you get it?

Johnny
March 9th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Hey mapper,try this link for bullets(zcastbulletz.com/products just got that from a friend.He highly recommended them.Price looked good also.

mapper
March 9th, 2014, 03:26 PM
In a perfect world, I would like to swap some molds...
That would be the best answer..

bumblebee
March 9th, 2014, 06:19 PM
I went to the gun show today. Bought a Tall 50 can from T332...I need another one

t332
March 9th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Sorry Polebarn for not responding to you sooner, but I am old school so no smart phone. LOL! I did not see any real deals on any AKs today but yesterday there was a new in the box Chinese Mak 90 that an individual brought in. Bumblebee I got you covered. Next time I head to Tallahassee, I will give you a shout. Thanks, Tim

polebarn
March 9th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Appreciate it Tim;just as well.I don't know enough about comblocs to make an intelligent decision anywho.

BlueBronco
March 10th, 2014, 12:21 AM
One bad show and Channel 6 tries to spin it . . .

http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/Local-Gun-Show-Provides-Poor-Sales-For-Local-Dealers--249224331.html

HarleyBrent
March 10th, 2014, 12:38 AM
One bad show and Channel 6 tries to spin it . . .

http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/Local-Gun-Show-Provides-Poor-Sales-For-Local-Dealers--249224331.html

Does anybody know George Poulitotte.

polebarn
March 10th, 2014, 06:21 AM
Does anybody know George Poulitotte.

Probably an alias.

The Noose
March 10th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Was there looking for a specific .22, had one girl tell me they can not re-order ANY .22, asked about it and she said that no one can.
Anyone else here any thing like that. Oh and also got a can from Tim, Thanks....

0utlaw
March 10th, 2014, 08:16 AM
"A lot less people are willing to spend money on fire arms they need money for food, and clothing for their kids,"

It's a shame that just a generation ago that we used to think " As long as I have a gun I can feed and cloth my kids"

Well at least now the Gubmint will feed and cloth our kids for us

polebarn
March 10th, 2014, 09:46 AM
One of the comments said he was from Madison.

Not an alias;he runs Ammodump International.

Greg Kulbick
March 10th, 2014, 09:56 AM
That's the first time I've heard of gun sales being down.

BlueBronco
March 10th, 2014, 11:55 AM
That's the first time I've heard of gun sales being down.

It is ironic that we have been in a period of sales of epic proportions. With a slight dip, they start acting like the industry is collapsing. All the idiots have to do is graph NICS. Of course they aren't helpful for sales prior to that.

Dale Gribble
March 10th, 2014, 12:30 PM
I am 100% sure that gun sales are down. Lets face it, in CT and NY it is nearly impossible to buy a decent gun. And so many people bought the hell out of guns in the last two years that at this point they are probably more interested in Ammo, or customization, or training, or something un-gun related.

Prices are dropping pretty quickly on mid and lower end guns. The bubble is over.

crawdaddy34
March 10th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I am 100% sure that gun sales are down. Lets face it, in CT and NY it is nearly impossible to buy a decent gun. And so many people bought the hell out of guns in the last two years that at this point they are probably more interested in Ammo, or customization, or training, or something un-gun related.

Prices are dropping pretty quickly on mid and lower end guns. The bubble is over.

As evidenced by the fact that ya'll are still tempting the hell out of me with that RIA...

I can't believe that hasn't sold yet...

0utlaw
March 10th, 2014, 01:59 PM
As evidenced by the fact that ya'll are still tempting the hell out of me with that RIA...

TS wants to buy it and blow it up, why :shrug:

crawdaddy34
March 10th, 2014, 02:25 PM
TS wants to buy it and blow it up, why :shrug:

I think I have hit a brickwall with that dude...

:banghead:

0utlaw
March 10th, 2014, 02:40 PM
I think he's "compensating":yup::cooler:

substratum
March 10th, 2014, 03:23 PM
At some point, existing gun owners will reach a saturation point (to the degree that is possible). How long did anyone expect for sales rates to continue to increase? Obama triggered a calculus equation of sorts, with sales rates and new gun owners increasing at an increasing rate. I'd venture to say that the number of new gun owners is still increasing, but the rate of increase is decreasing - NOT the number of gun owners or guns owned declining. Also, the economy has pretty much sucked since Q2-2008, with very little improvement in most sectors of the economy, so the fact that gun sales/gun sports were on such a dramatic upward curve all that time showed what an incredible priority it was/is for Americans to put guns in the cabinet. Someone is still buying up ammo, because many calibers are still hard to come by.

Since Q2-2008, I've purchased five long guns and three handguns, so I contributed to that growth curve (all of which I lost last month in an unfortunate boating accident). I'll probably focus on reloading for a while, so I can shoot the few guns I have left. :rolleyes:

Johnny
March 10th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Damn you are the second one to have a boating accident,someone can not drive a boat!

YankeeFingergasm
March 10th, 2014, 08:08 PM

Do it!!! Do it!!!

I think I have hit a brickwall with that dude...

:banghead:

Naw he's a good dude and a pretty damn good troll too. He's quite the mastermind at times.

crawdaddy34
March 10th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Do it!!! Do it!!!

Stop it.

TargetShooting
March 10th, 2014, 10:38 PM
RIA? Done bought! It's mine now, officially.

mapper
March 10th, 2014, 10:42 PM
TS..
This would also be a good time to buy a reloading press...and dies
With loads to work up in the ria and the mosin....
Just sayin..

TargetShooting
March 10th, 2014, 10:50 PM
TS..
This would also be a good time to buy a reloading press...and dies
With loads to work up in the ria and the mosin....
Just sayin..

Starting reloading, is like buying an AK...too much hesitation.

with Golf lesson coming up on top of shooting/tennis/travel routine, I doubt I have time to learn to reload soon.

mapper
March 10th, 2014, 11:38 PM
Golf is a good game..
No need to hesitate...get the ak and a press ...