PDA

View Full Version : The Mental Edge-Winning Deadly Force Encounters

Paraprojekts
February 10th, 2014, 07:32 PM
http://www.talontraininggroup.com/Calendar-of-Events/The-Mental-Edge

Vann Streety is a Training Lieutenant with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC). He has given numerous presentations to various groups around the state sharing his experience and changing lives. His audience has included multiple law enforcement agencies, police dispatchers, police explorers and law enforcement recruits.

When speaking, Vann shares his education and experiences of his 25 year public service career. He also reveals the traumatic events of July 15, 2009 when he was shot seven times by a domestic terrorist.

Vann began his career in 1988 as an EMT and 911 Emergency Medical Dispatcher for Tallahassee Memorial Hospital. In 1998 he was hired as a dispatcher for the Florida Marine Patrol (now FWC). Vann became an FWC Officer in 2001 and was assigned to Brevard County. There he served on the Special Operations Group, became a CPR and Firearms Instructor and Field Training Officer. Vann promoted to Lieutenant in 2011 where he was a first line supervisor, Regional Training Lieutenant and currently an Academy Training Lieutenant.

Many of you that have attended TALON classes may remember your instructor referring to Vann, using him as an example of someone with the will to win and survive a deadly force encounter. TALON is offering you the opportunity to listen to Vann on Saturday March 29th at 3:00 p.m. This is free to the public so secure your seat while they are still available.

When: Saturday March 29th 3:00p - 5:00p

Cost: Free

Register: Call 850-363-2396 (tel:850-363-2396), or e-mail Sales@TalonTrainingGroup.com.

seadog
February 10th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Count me in.

Paraprojekts
February 10th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Make sure you call or email to secure a seat. Hope to have a packed house!

Paraprojekts
February 10th, 2014, 09:00 PM
Highlander just called and told me he gave my post a thumbs down. Something to do with his failure to completely grasp the operation of his Windows phone combined with bratwurst sized thumbs. No worries, I'm sure he'll post an explanation I just wanted to beat him to it

BlueBronco
February 10th, 2014, 09:12 PM
I see 2 different dates on the Talon page. One says March 1 and the other says March 29. Which is it?

Edit: Never mind, they fixed it already to the 29th.

Paraprojekts
February 10th, 2014, 09:16 PM
It was my first attempt a web design/editing. Sorry for the confusion.

Rumbler
February 10th, 2014, 11:18 PM
I'm in. Even if I have to call in sick for work.

. . . oh, wait . . . Aw what the hell - I'm in !!!!

chenzzo
February 11th, 2014, 07:08 PM
I'm in!

Paraprojekts
February 11th, 2014, 09:09 PM
I think this would be a great class to learn what not to do, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong and I applaud Streety for being smart enough to run like hell and live to fight another day.

But on a side note; Christopher Eddy may be a shit bag, a criminal, etc, but unless this is a DHS website, can we avoid terming someone a domestic terrorist?

In the (very unlikely) event Eddy was released from prison, DHS will file DT charges related to the explosive devices he was making. The Feds sat on that charge in case the SAO screwed the attempted murder charges up. At least that's what Vann told me.

thedishdoc
February 12th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Count me in.

Rumbler
February 12th, 2014, 10:01 PM
You folks don't forget to send that email to reserve a seat.

This is officially filling up FAST.

thedishdoc
February 13th, 2014, 12:16 AM
I sent the email prior to my post. Hopefully it was received as transmitted.

HarleyBrent
February 13th, 2014, 12:20 AM
I got confirmation from Dana, Im in Bitches!