PDA

View Full Version : System issues for Jan 24, 2014

jonastio
January 24th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Hey all. So, there was some unannounced scheduled maintenance done by the hosting company last night, and it looks like there were some complications that caused issues into today. Then, when the server finally came back on this afternoon, there were some issues with the database since it crashed. It should be good to go now.

Just so you all know, I try to be on top of things when it goes down. Thanks to those that gave me a heads up each time the system went down.

Dale Gribble
January 24th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Thanks for taking your time to provide a place for us to fuck off.

:D

0utlaw
January 24th, 2014, 02:37 PM
And here I thought it was Jfars tinfoil that had shorted out the internet....again:cool:

thedishdoc
January 24th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Hell I thought it was just me getting booted off the forum. Figured it was something I said. :cool:

Tack Driver
January 24th, 2014, 02:52 PM
I thought it was Dale pissing on our parade with a "gun forums really aren't that great" argument that ended in sabotage to prove his point.

Dale Gribble
January 24th, 2014, 04:36 PM
I thought it was Dale pissing on our parade with a "gun forums really aren't that great" argument that ended in sabotage to prove his point.

I must have missed that thread. I love gun forums. I love guns, and shooting them, even more however!

jonastio
January 24th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Okay, I got a better explanation on what was going on up north. They think they've got the systems patched to the point there's not going to be an issue.

FOR NERDS:
They updated the CentOS kernel which brought to light a few bugs that showed up under load. They've gotten the systems patched to the point that they think things are stable again.

Tack Driver
January 24th, 2014, 04:47 PM
I must have missed that thread. I love gun forums. I love guns, and shooting them, even more however!

Until someone takes that same position, then it's on like Donkey Kong.

Okay, I got a better explanation on what was going on up north. They think they've got the systems patched to the point there's not going to be an issue.

FOR NERDS:
They updated the CentOS kernel which brought to light a few bugs that showed up under load. They've gotten the systems patched to the point that they think things are stable again.

Whatever, just make my magic screen show me guns and stuffs.

TargetShooting
January 24th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Shiiit, I thought it was TS' handlers that pulled the plug and kicked off the invasion.

Nah it's more likely NSA was pissed at you and shutdown the server.

jonastio
January 24th, 2014, 06:25 PM
NERD ALERT:

HA! They just ran by an update to the issue. Apparently, upgrading the OS to CentOS 6.5 killed the active state power management on network cards. Hopefully, no more issues will crop up for them (and us).

Downrange
January 24th, 2014, 08:06 PM
NERD ALERT:

HA! They just ran by an update to the issue. Apparently, upgrading the OS to CentOS 6.5 killed the active state power management on network cards. Hopefully, no more issues will crop up for them (and us).

Jonas, what would it take for us to get the mobile site working? Or can you put us on Tapatalk without having the mobile site working? It would just be easier to fuck off at work if I could handle all my gun runnin' from my not-so-smart phone. Thank you! (drops mic)

Tack Driver
January 24th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Jonas, what would it take for us to get the mobile site working? Or can you put us on Tapatalk without having the mobile site working? It would just be easier to fuck off at work if I could handle all my gun runnin' from my not-so-smart phone. Thank you! (drops mic)

I'm on the mobile site as we speak. Scroll down. Bottom left corner, drop down box.

Downrange
January 24th, 2014, 08:37 PM
I'm on the mobile site as we speak. Scroll down. Bottom left corner, drop down box.

I should have used proper terminology there, my bad. Apps like Tapatalk combine subscribed mobile forum sites so that all the notifications and communications can be done through the app instead of the phones mobile web browser. See http://tapatalk.com/

This is what prompted my question. "We welcome existing Forum Runner or vBulletin Mobile Suite license holder to migrate your branded app to us. Your app will be delivered as an Upgrade so existing users can receive an update without downloading another app." ~http://tapatalk.com/build.php

Bodo
January 24th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Still acting up. Glad it's better than it was though!

jonastio
January 24th, 2014, 10:08 PM
If I know that more than one person is trying to use tapatalk, I'll bump it up on the priority list.

YankeeFingergasm
January 24th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Jonas keep up the great work sir.

Cattle/Horses
January 24th, 2014, 11:18 PM
Jonas, I think the occasional bump in the road, down time, helps us remember want you and Molary do for us. If we never had a problem you would be taken for granted. Thanks and keep up the good work!

jonastio
January 24th, 2014, 11:51 PM
But I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE downtime. My wife has an entire coping mechanism to deal with me when my shit don't work.

And she just said "Ugh. Yeahhhhh...."

Rumbler
January 25th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Took me forever to figure out that shooting the monitor makes me feel better, but doesn't do diddly squat to the elfs in the wire.:(

seadog
January 25th, 2014, 01:50 PM
I was able to log on only after resetting my password.

jonastio
January 25th, 2014, 02:37 PM
If you haven't been on since we upgraded forum software, that'd be why.

Tack Driver
January 25th, 2014, 02:43 PM
I was able to log on only after resetting my password.

Yeah, you need to come by more often.

seadog
January 25th, 2014, 03:01 PM
It has been a while. I'll try not to be such a stranger.

YankeeFingergasm
January 25th, 2014, 08:33 PM
But I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE downtime. My wife has an entire coping mechanism to deal with me when my shit don't work.

And she just said "Ugh. Yeahhhhh...."

I heard you spend a lot more time in "down time" than "up time".

Tack Driver
January 25th, 2014, 09:25 PM
I heard you spend a lot more time in "down time" than "up time".

No, no, you've confused it. That's his mother.

jonastio
January 25th, 2014, 11:46 PM
I'm married. The only up-time I get is when my wife or Tack's mother is in the mood.