PDA

View Full Version : Ever Seen One of Those . . .

Rumbler
January 22nd, 2014, 09:49 AM
. . . projectors that put various - and VARIABLE - real life scenarios up in front of you using "live actors" and you make shoot or no shoot decisions? If you decide to shoot you take your laser equipped pistol and plug the bad guy (theoretically anyway) and your hits . . . . or misses . . . are tracked?

Take a wild guess who will be setting one up and integrating it as a training tool in the next couple of weeks.

. . . . . no, not Dairy Queen. Talon Training !!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool:

Tack Driver
January 22nd, 2014, 09:59 AM
Fuggin-A right!

crawdaddy34
January 22nd, 2014, 10:01 AM
Sounds awsome!

How many rounds is the screen rated for? :gunfire:

Parsons project
January 22nd, 2014, 10:14 AM
We have a 300 degree simulator at the tech college in Thomasville. They are in the process of setting it back up since their renovation, then I get to train to run it for my firearms classes. In addition to video scenarios, it has a virtual range program for target shooting. Pretty cool stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78WkQPPSenc

Billythekid
January 22nd, 2014, 11:50 AM
I have used the one at Pat Thomas, and it was pretty cool.

YankeeFingergasm
January 22nd, 2014, 12:25 PM
I approve this thread. :dance:

Josh
January 22nd, 2014, 12:40 PM
. . . projectors that put various - and VARIABLE - real life scenarios up in front of you using "live actors" and you make shoot or no shoot decisions? If you decide to shoot you take your laser equipped pistol and plug the bad guy (theoretically anyway) and your hits . . . . or misses . . . are tracked?

Take a wild guess who will be setting one up and integrating it as a training tool in the next couple of weeks.

. . . . . no, not Dairy Queen. Talon Training !!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool:

C'mon man you can't drop something like that without some specs, make, model so we can all go google and youtube it. :cool:

Dale Gribble
January 22nd, 2014, 12:49 PM
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all outta gum.

chenzzo
January 22nd, 2014, 01:59 PM

Dibs on the laser equipped chainsaw.

bumblebee
January 22nd, 2014, 02:43 PM
You are getting a FATS machine?? That awesome! Can I come over and play on it?

Rumbler
January 22nd, 2014, 07:29 PM
I wondered if anyone would notice this thread. :p

The machine details have not been shared with me yet. I think JD & Charlie may be torturing me on purpose.;)

I do know that it comes with a buttload of scenarios and variations on them. I do know there are even some "shooting games". I do know that we will be integrating this gizmo into our formal training. And I do know . . . .

that it will be 'for rent' on an hourly basis to range members.:cool:

. . . oh, and I am told it should be here and setup within a couple of weeks.

HarleyBrent
January 22nd, 2014, 07:35 PM
Hot Damn :reporter:

YankeeFingergasm
January 22nd, 2014, 09:06 PM
This is good news. I love Talon.

thedishdoc
January 23rd, 2014, 10:23 AM
As soon as I can scrape up the money I'm gonna join Talon.

bumblebee
January 24th, 2014, 08:10 AM
As soon as I can scrape up the money I'm gonna join Talon.

I would too, but I have a membership at the Olympic certified training center in Georgia, and I can't afford both, especially since I am driving to Moultrie 3 days per week.

Tack Driver
January 24th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Olympic certified training center in Georgia

And TS will be here in

0utlaw
January 24th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Not now he's on the phone with one of the "agency's"

Tack Driver
January 24th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Not now he's on the phone with one of the "agency's"

You think they are telling him he's gotta' quit done bought'n that shit?