PDA

View Full Version : CCGF Cleaning Workshop

crawdaddy34
January 21st, 2014, 09:39 AM
I'm gonna try this proactive thing I keep hearing about and see how it works out...

There seems to be a lot of discussion and interest in some type of cleaning class/workshop.

http://forum.capitalcitygunforum.com/showthread.php?2483-How-Clean

Now, I am NOT the guy to teach you all how to clean a gun, and I don't even know that a "class" is the way to go, but how do you guys feel about setting up a time and place to bring your dirty weapons and cleaning supplies and do a "group clean"?

I'm sure there are lots of tips and tricks that can be passed in this group. Kind of a "best practices" info share? We could probably even take notes and pictures to archive here on the forum for future use.

Thoughts?

Interest?

Volunteers?

Rumbler
January 21st, 2014, 09:56 AM
Interested for sure.

. . as long as I don't have to clean up the mess when it is over. :dance:

I think that the ideal solution to that would be some stainless steel (or sheet metal) table(s) like they use at Pat Thomas. But I dang sure don't have the leverage to borrow a couple of them. :(

What I do have is a 20 gallon parts washer full of a 50/50 mix of Purple Power and water. And an air compressor. "Gun gunk" doesn't stand a chance against Purple Power. :cool:

crawdaddy34
January 21st, 2014, 10:31 AM
Interested for sure.

. . as long as I don't have to clean up the mess when it is over. :dance:

I think that the ideal solution to that would be some stainless steel (or sheet metal) table(s) like they use at Pat Thomas. But I dang sure don't have the leverage to borrow a couple of them. :(

What I do have is a 20 gallon parts washer full of a 50/50 mix of Purple Power and water. And an air compressor. "Gun gunk" doesn't stand a chance against Purple Power. :cool:

I have a couple of 8 foot folding plastic tables I could donate for the day if needed...

Rumbler
January 21st, 2014, 11:21 AM
Sounds like this is doable then. :)

crawdaddy34
January 21st, 2014, 11:32 AM
Sounds like this is doable then. :)

At the moment it looks like you teachin and me learnin...

:dunno:

AB
January 21st, 2014, 11:37 AM
Scheduling permitting I will be there. I have actually taught gun cleaning professionally before so I might even be willing to "co-teach," but I'm really hoping to pick up some more efficient techniques and see some of the new products that have come on the market since then.

YankeeFingergasm
January 21st, 2014, 11:46 AM
Good job Cathy. Look forward to being able to do this.

FLT
January 21st, 2014, 11:55 AM
I'll bring some dirty rifles for those that need one to clean . :drillsergeant::gunfire::yup:

Downrange
January 21st, 2014, 04:49 PM
I'm gonna try this proactive thing I keep hearing about and see how it works out...

There seems to be a lot of discussion and interest in some type of cleaning class/workshop.

http://forum.capitalcitygunforum.com/showthread.php?2483-How-Clean

Now, I am NOT the guy to teach you all how to clean a gun, and I don't even know that a "class" is the way to go, but how do you guys feel about setting up a time and place to bring your dirty weapons and cleaning supplies and do a "group clean"?

I'm sure there are lots of tips and tricks that can be passed in this group. Kind of a "best practices" info share? We could probably even take notes and pictures to archive here on the forum for future use.

Thoughts?

Interest?

Volunteers?

You should never ever, ever never, never ever ever, use the term "group clean" in any context on this forum. But you should know this already! :banana:

Lonesurvivor23
January 21st, 2014, 05:51 PM
I would be interested! Thanks!

TargetShooting
January 21st, 2014, 06:09 PM
I am in, as long as there's no schedule conflict.

I'll bring my own 4x8 foldable table. But let me know what type of cleaning kit to buy and what type of mopping cloth to bring.

Tack Driver
January 21st, 2014, 06:18 PM
I'll come drink beer.

Jmoorewar
January 21st, 2014, 07:08 PM
I'll come drink beer.
I'll stand and drink beer with you.I clean my guns my way and I'm satisfied with it.May learn something new and ill shoot my nylon 66 and donate a dirty gun for y'all to clean.its a bitch

mapper
January 21st, 2014, 07:43 PM
Sure,
I'd like to know less time consuming methods to get a very clean revolver, esp. on the face of the cylinder and inside the frame, and on the cylinder flutes.. nickel or stainless finishes..after a good range trip

semi auto, takes less time for me

i'd also like to see others techniques for bolts and semi auto rifles.

AB
January 21st, 2014, 10:07 PM
Mapper, I can hook you up on that! My revolver cylinder faces look brand new.

NJC
January 21st, 2014, 10:51 PM
I'm in as long as schedule permits.

NJC
January 21st, 2014, 10:53 PM
FYI i use the same lube on all weapons. Have done for years TW25B. It is an awesome grease. SIG puts it in with each of their guns.

http://www.mil-comm.com/

Jmoorewar
January 21st, 2014, 10:54 PM
Mapper, I can hook you up on that! My revolver cylinder faces look brand new.
My bad AB my finger hit dislike.damn iPhone

YankeeFingergasm
January 21st, 2014, 10:58 PM
My bad AB my finger hit dislike.damn iPhone

So balance it out a-hole and like one of his other posts!!

FLT
January 21st, 2014, 11:00 PM
Mapper, I can hook you up on that! My revolver cylinder faces look brand new.. Miracle Cloth ?

Jmoorewar
January 21st, 2014, 11:02 PM
I did.happy you non cleaning b hole licker?you need to line up first for this class.on another note has anyone used ballistol before?i only read good things about it and am thinking about getting some.

NJC
January 21st, 2014, 11:02 PM
he doesnt shoot them..therefore he does not need to clean them and they stay brand new :-)

Jmoorewar
January 21st, 2014, 11:09 PM
Oh he shoots them,just leaves the bore on his 1911 so dirty it won't feed or eject right.......just saying and shit

YankeeFingergasm
January 21st, 2014, 11:17 PM
he doesnt shoot them..therefore he does not need to clean them and they stay brand new :-)
Guilty as charged since I've missed both C4 events

Oh he shoots them,just leaves the bore on his 1911 so dirty it won't feed or eject right.......just saying and shit
Also guilty as charged. I finally cleaned it after about 500-600 rounds.

NJC
January 21st, 2014, 11:21 PM
I was talking about AB, thats his secret.

AB
January 21st, 2014, 11:40 PM
I use a kleen-bore brand Lead-away cloth. And I do shoot revolvers, just not that often! Heck, I shot a Taurus Judge at the C4 shoot.

TargetShooting
January 22nd, 2014, 12:49 AM
I just field stripped all my 1911s, revolver, AR and Benelli M4. Well cleaned except the Sig 517 it was dirty as hell it needs some serious cleaning done but I don't know how.

WHEN?

HarleyBrent
January 22nd, 2014, 08:20 AM
I did.happy you non cleaning b hole licker?you need to line up first for this class.on another note has anyone used ballistol before?i only read good things about it and am thinking about getting some.
I use Ballistol and like it. I pour a little in a cup and take a tooth brush and get every thing wet like a BCG and let it sit and come back to it and everything comes of with a stiff nylon brush. It has been suggested to me, leaving a film on your components and it will be easier to clean and the more you use it the easier it is to clean. I dont know, I do know its water soluble. I spray it off with powder blaster, let it dry and then aply a good quality lubricant.

Tack Driver
January 22nd, 2014, 08:26 AM
Heck, I shot a Taurus Judge at the C4 shoot.

Did it ruin the berms?

NJC
January 22nd, 2014, 08:41 AM
they disintegrated...small children cried and kittens actually died. That is a hateful gun

crawdaddy34
January 22nd, 2014, 09:01 AM
Did it ruin the berms?

Only when it's got birdshot in it...

Tack Driver
January 22nd, 2014, 09:03 AM
Only when it's got birdshot in it...

I'm sure he wasn't that reckless.

crawdaddy34
January 22nd, 2014, 09:03 AM
I just field stripped all my 1911s, revolver, AR and Benelli M4. Well cleaned except the Sig 517 it was dirty as hell it needs some serious cleaning done but I don't know how.

WHEN?

TS - No date has been set yet. This was mostly just a feeler to see if there was enough interest to set something up. It looks like there is, but how do you guys want this to go down? A formal class with someone teaching? Just a get together to swap methods?

It's all about what the participants want...

crawdaddy34
January 22nd, 2014, 09:12 AM
I'm sure he wasn't that reckless.

Nah...

AB's a good guy. No way he would use something so deadly with so many people around...

You'll shoot someones eye out kid!

http://savejersey.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/rALPHIE.png

TargetShooting
January 22nd, 2014, 09:23 AM
TS - No date has been set yet. This was mostly just a feeler to see if there was enough interest to set something up. It looks like there is, but how do you guys want this to go down? A formal class with someone teaching? Just a get together to swap methods?

It's all about what the participants want...

Anything but formal setting...unless taught by a couple of hot chicks.

Downrange
January 22nd, 2014, 09:24 AM
I don't want to cause any thread creep here, but this cleaning workshop idea seems like it would be a good thing to be incorporated into a swap meet (yes, I am that old). Has anyone run that idea up the flag pole yet? I find it much easier to haggle and chat face to face.

Tack Driver
January 22nd, 2014, 09:26 AM
I don't want to cause any thread creep here, but this cleaning workshop idea seems like it would be a good thing to be incorporated into a swap meet (yes, I am that old). Has anyone run that idea up the flag pole yet? I find it much easier to haggle and chat face to face.

Swap meets are always great. Yes.............^THIS!

crawdaddy34
January 22nd, 2014, 09:26 AM

Hell of a plan sir...

See, this is why you need to post here more often!

Tack Driver
January 22nd, 2014, 09:32 AM
Hell of a plan sir...

See, this is why you need to post here more often!

HEY!

Don't you have a swap meet to be planning?

crawdaddy34
January 22nd, 2014, 09:35 AM
HEY!

Don't you have a swap meet to be planning?

I think it's a little early myself...

We have the med class this weekend (you know, the one you signed up for that you won't be coming to) and the thing at Cattle/Horse's place on what looks like the 8th (you know, the one that you will be 4 hours late to)...

And it's still cold outside. I was kinda picturing this with a late March timeframe.

Of course, I'm just one guy... Ya'll want it earlier speak up!

Downrange
January 22nd, 2014, 09:43 AM
Can one of the CCGF dic-taters start a poll to see how much interest there would be for a swap-n-shop?

crawdaddy34
January 22nd, 2014, 09:59 AM
Can one of the CCGF dic-taters start a poll to see how much interest there would be for a swap-n-shop?

Done sir.

Downrange
January 22nd, 2014, 11:00 AM
Done sir.
Tyvm

crawdaddy34
February 18th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Back to the top...

Is this gonna be the next event or what?

Downrange
February 18th, 2014, 04:11 PM
I would say yes, however my attendance is dependent solely on whether someone coughs up my Glock 42 before the scheduled event date/time.

surfer5
February 18th, 2014, 04:39 PM
I have yet to attend a single event so my vote probably doesn't count, but I dig it and will try to make it depending on the date. I think it will be fun.

Dale Gribble
February 18th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Can we start with a poll of how many people would actually attend? With all the info on cleaning guns on the web, and everywhere else I just don't understand how anyone doesn't have their own plan by now. Well, except newer shooters like TS.

0utlaw
February 18th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Are we talking cleaning workshop or swap n shop?

Downrange
February 18th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Perhaps the workshop is more of an impromptu one-on-one while the swap meet is happening?

crawdaddy34
February 18th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Can we start with a poll of how many people would actually attend? With all the info on cleaning guns on the web, and everywhere else I just don't understand how anyone doesn't have their own plan by now. Well, except newer shooters like TS.

I have found that the best use for a poll in this type of situation is to determine the date for the event. The purpose of this thread, and my reviving it, was to see how many people would actually attend, see how that works?

However, since you are the CCGF Depository, feel free to keep track of who wants’ to come.

And it's not a matter of having your own plan. I'm sure that most of us DO have our "own plan" for keeping our weapons clean. The point is to see other options and possibly IMPROVE the way your doing it. While there may be a metric ton of data on the intrawebz about cleaning a gun, it never hurts to explore new options. You might just find something you like better/does a better job/is easier than what you are doing now. Also, I don't know about you, but I'm a very visual learner, I would rather someone show me than try to explain it.

Or you can hang with tack and jmoore and drink beer while the rest of us learn. Whatever....

Are we talking cleaning workshop or swap n shop?

The popular consensus was both...

Dale Gribble
February 18th, 2014, 05:12 PM
I have found that the best use for a poll in this type of situation is to determine the date for the event. The purpose of this thread, and my reviving it, was to see how many people would actually attend, see how that works?

However, since you are the CCGF Depository, feel free to keep track of who wants’ to come.

And it's not a matter of having your own plan. I'm sure that most of us DO have our "own plan" for keeping our weapons clean. The point is to see other options and possibly IMPROVE the way your doing it. While there may be a metric ton of data on the intrawebz about cleaning a gun, it never hurts to explore new options. You might just find something you like better/does a better job/is easier than what you are doing now. Also, I don't know about you, but I'm a very visual learner, I would rather someone show me than try to explain it.

Or you can hang with tack and jmoore and drink beer while the rest of us learn. Whatever....

I'm just having a hard time seeing how this would occur. How many people can show you how to clean a gun before you take the now clean gun, chamber a round, and blow your own head off?

I'm trying to think of a format that would work for this without being almost useless.

0utlaw
February 18th, 2014, 05:17 PM
I'm good with the swap meet part. But I have found that showing someone how to clean a weapon usually degrades into them suddenly becoming a genius and telling me why I'm doing it wrong:banghead:

Dale Gribble
February 18th, 2014, 05:19 PM
I'm good with the swap meet part. But I have found that showing someone how to clean a weapon usually degrades into them suddenly becoming a genius and telling me why I'm doing it wrong:banghead:

I can imagine the war that breaks out of the grease vs oil discussion.

surfer5
February 18th, 2014, 05:23 PM
I don't have a solid plan and would really appreciate input from others. I don't have an opinion about what to use at all or what brands. I would really appreciate hearing what people say. There are people that have been doing this a LOT longer than me and know a LOT more than me. I would like to learn from them.

I will ask questions so I understand what is going on and why. But I promise not to turn into a genius and tell you why you are wrong. :)

crawdaddy34
February 18th, 2014, 05:35 PM
I'm just having a hard time seeing how this would occur. How many people can show you how to clean a gun before you take the now clean gun, chamber a round, and blow your own head off?

I'm trying to think of a format that would work for this without being almost useless.

By my count there are nine members that disagree. Plus two to drink beer and watch. Fortunately, this event, like all the others, is not mandatory.

0utlaw
February 18th, 2014, 06:18 PM
I would try to make it for beer and entertainment(cleaning workshop). Might even trade some old junk for new junk if we do the swap meet.

TargetShooting
February 18th, 2014, 06:55 PM
It'll be fun just get together learning the best way to clean stuff.

HarleyBrent
February 18th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Im all for getting together and cleaning guns but most importantly getting them dirty first. :hammertime:

Rumbler
February 18th, 2014, 11:22 PM
FWIW, I am still up for this.

And I bet I can learn you folks a thing or two about cleaning guns.

Like; all you have to do is fire a few rounds of my hand loads.

The crud all jumps off the gun and runs away - it wants no part of that. :p

YankeeFingergasm
February 19th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Since Rumbler is up for this I am totally down for this. I loathe cleaning guns, partly because it takes me forever. So, I want to learn everything about everything. I don't see a negative to this except for those with great big ole egos. Open minds folks.

Lonesurvivor23
February 19th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Dale, I would humbly appreciate those with considerably more knowledge and willingness to share. I am in on both!

Dale Gribble
February 19th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Ok so what kind of format do you want?
1. Several presenters cleaning the same type of firearm
2. Several presenters cleaning different types of firearms (presenter 1, AR, presenter 2, Glock, presenter 3 1911, etc)
3. One presenter cleaning a firearm and 12 people telling him he's doing it wrong

crawdaddy34
February 19th, 2014, 10:44 AM
2. Several presenters cleaning different types of firearms (presenter 1, AR, presenter 2, Glock, presenter 3 1911, etc)
3. One presenter cleaning a firearm and 12 people telling him he's doing it wrong

Dale, I'm really trying to NOT get my panties in a twist over this, and I understand that you like to question everything and play devils advocate...

But seriously cuz, if your not interested step off.

There are members here who have shown an interest in learning something. There are members here who have something they think is worth teaching.

Some of us don't know as much about cleaning as we would like to. You are clearly not one of them. That's fine, clean your guns the way you think is best. I'm sure you do a fine job at it. But stop cock blocking an event that folks want to participate in.

You're acting like mogar...

JMW4570
February 19th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Lets just make this real simple people.

crawdaddy34
February 19th, 2014, 10:57 AM

LMAO!

Rep'd. But that's no help for the members that don't own glocks....

0utlaw
February 19th, 2014, 11:27 AM
LMAO!

Rep'd. But that's no help for the members that don't own glocks....

Don't hate the player........

Downrange
February 19th, 2014, 11:36 AM

Yupp...that's how I do it. You just need his and hers dishwashers...1907

FLT
February 19th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I'll bring some dirty rifles for those that need one to clean . :drillsergeant::gunfire::yup:

I've already offered to help . What more do you want from me? :chinscratch:

TargetShooting
February 19th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Craw, let's drink and clean. I have got several guns dirty just for the event.

Dale Gribble
February 19th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Dale, I'm really trying to NOT get my panties in a twist over this, and I understand that you like to question everything and play devils advocate...

But seriously cuz, if your not interested step off.

There are members here who have shown an interest in learning something. There are members here who have something they think is worth teaching.

Some of us don't know as much about cleaning as we would like to. You are clearly not one of them. That's fine, clean your guns the way you think is best. I'm sure you do a fine job at it. But stop cock blocking an event that folks want to participate in.

You're acting like mogar...

I'm actually trying to figure out what people want, because as I can see thus far this is an amorphous blob. Some kind of plan and agenda needs to be made to make this event useful. Do you disagree?

crawdaddy34
February 19th, 2014, 01:22 PM
My preferred method was the shower, so I guess I'll have to sit this one out.

Please...

:puke:

crawdaddy34
February 19th, 2014, 01:37 PM
I'm actually trying to figure out what people want, because as I can see thus far this is an amorphous blob. Some kind of plan and agenda needs to be made to make this event useful. Do you disagree?

No Dale, your not. Your telling everyone that this is a waste of time and unnecessary.

Absolutely a plan and agenda needs to be made. However, that plan is LARGELY dictated by the attendees. Hence my trying to get an idea of who all would be interested. It's kinda hard to plan a date/time/location/agenda when you don't know who (if anyone) is going to be there.

I'm not going to get baited into a pissing contest with you over this bro. You made it clear three times (in case your unclear about what I mean by that, I made it easy, your posts below are what I'm referring to) that you had no interest in this type of class and that you thought it was a waste of time. If you want to keep trying to undermine it go ahead, there's not a thing in the world I can do to stop that. But it's a shitty thing to do and you know it. Personally I think you should do something constructive to help or get out of the way.

Dale Gribble
February 19th, 2014, 01:42 PM
No, I'm not. Actually in two of the three posts you quoted I asked questions. Seeming even valid questions.

I'm trying to see what format this is going to take, to see if it would be of interest TO ME. Sorry if that upsets you.

crawdaddy34
February 19th, 2014, 01:49 PM
No, I'm not. Actually in two of the three posts you quoted I asked questions. Seeming even valid questions.

I'm trying to see what format this is going to take, to see if it would be of interest TO ME. Sorry if that upsets you.

Is that ^ your definition of a valid question?

You already made it clear it didn't interest you, so I'm gonna call bullshit on that.

It has zero to do with upseting me. You're missing the point. There are members that want this to happen. You pissing all over the parade because you don't like the idea is counter productive.

ETA: Also, I meant what I said, if you want to do something constructive to help bring this about that's great.

Dale Gribble
February 19th, 2014, 01:55 PM
God damn, go get some vagisil or douche or whatever you need.

I would be willing to present my home made electric bore cleaner.

Now, what can you do to be productive other than wash your vagina?

crawdaddy34
February 19th, 2014, 02:00 PM
God damn, go get some vagisil or douche or whatever you need.

I would be willing to present my home made electric bore cleaner.

Now, what can you do to be productive other than wash your vagina?

See, now that's acctually helpfull.

Who else wants to volunteer to teach some stuff?

Once we know WHO we can start working out dates...

jonastio
February 19th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Mudbug's on a roll.

surfer5
February 19th, 2014, 02:20 PM
I know in nerd world, we have things called "chalk talks". I don't know if that concept is in other worlds or not. Essentially, its a facilitated open forum. Maybe one or two people "run" the meeting but its mostly people talking about best practices and asking questions to the group. Maybe there are some lose planned demos to fill down time in case everyone is sitting on their hands. But mostly its a very liquid discussion without a set agenda.

I think with the various experience levels and the pure magnitude of different guns out there, this might be a good approach. I mean if you have an entire session on how to field strip and clean a 1911, a lot of people would not be interested. But if you have open dialogues about lube, cleaners, technique/approaches, etc, that might be interesting to people at all levels.

I dunno. Just a thought.

Dale Gribble
February 19th, 2014, 02:27 PM
See, now that's acctually helpfull.

Who else wants to volunteer to teach some stuff?

Once we know WHO we can start working out dates...

I was trying to avoid setting a direction, because that is imposing my will. I was trying to see WHAT or HOW folks thought this should go. But since you fucked that up worse than a soup sandwich.

jonastio
February 19th, 2014, 02:52 PM
As a matter of fact, Crawdaddy was only trying to figure out how to put this thing together and what the general interest was. You've been pissing in his glass and are now trying to tell him it's adding flavor.

Mudbug has coordinated a couple of pretty successful events, in my opinion. Now, both of you, let's keep the penis waving in the shack and move on with getting this together as clearly there's interest.

Do we have any ideas for where to do this? I think the size and location of the venue will have a pretty big impact on the style of presentation.

crawdaddy34
February 19th, 2014, 02:56 PM
I was trying to avoid setting a direction, because that is imposing my will. I was trying to see WHAT or HOW folks thought this should go. But since you fucked that up worse than a soup sandwich.

Did you just have a stroke halfway thru a sentence???

Seriously, while I can understand that, your goin about it all wrong. If you have an suggestion, put it out there. You have been here long enough to know that the final direction will be what the group as a whole wants/needs it to be.

Playing negative nancy IS counter-productive. You can try to twist shit to suit your fantasy all day, that doesn't change the reality.

Now, if your quite done with your whining ma'am, we have an event to plan...

Surfer, that is a GREAT fuckin idea.

crawdaddy34
February 19th, 2014, 03:01 PM
As a matter of fact, Crawdaddy was only trying to figure out how to put this thing together and what the general interest was. You've been pissing in his glass and are now trying to tell him it's adding flavor.

Mudbug has coordinated a couple of pretty successful events, in my opinion. Now, both of you, let's keep the penis waving in the shack and move on with getting this together as clearly there's interest.

Do we have any ideas for where to do this? I think the size and location of the venue will have a pretty big impact on the style of presentation.

Yes, sir. Sorry.

(damn, it showed up on the what's new page..)

As to the location....

I don't know what the rules and requirements are for renting the class room at Talon, but they have a BIG ASS whiteboard.....

crawdaddy34
February 19th, 2014, 03:03 PM
I'd be willing to come and hang out no matter what we're doing as long as the location is within a three mile radius of my house in Georgia. Maybe have it outdoors since the weather is getting nice and put some meat over an open flame, and wash it down with some tall cool budweisers?

FIFY.

Dale Gribble
February 19th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I would like to see a couple of other folks step up with some unique ways to clean guns/gun parts.

Ultrasonic would be nice to see. I've only dabbled in it a little.

Having someone discuss how/why and what to clean would be useful to, especially how shooters of lead bullets face different cleaning that those shooting copper jacketed, why cleaning the barrel reduces accuracy, etc.

Some of the store bought methods vs non-store bought.

surfer5
February 19th, 2014, 03:27 PM
I would like to see a couple of other folks step up with some unique ways to clean guns/gun parts.

Having someone discuss how/why and what to clean would be useful to, especially how shooters of lead bullets face different cleaning that those shooting copper jacketed, why cleaning the barrel reduces accuracy, etc.

That's what I'm talking about. Maybe a discussion on what you clean every time you return from shooting and what you do every so many rounds or months or whatever (and maybe there is no distinguishing between the two). I am all about this type of discussion.

crawdaddy34
February 19th, 2014, 03:28 PM

I'm down with all of that...

My only reservation on the ultrasonic is will it be usefull to enough people to make it worth devoting time to...

I don't know so I'm asking. What's the startup cost on an ultrasonic system? We use ultrasonic lab equipment where I work and that shit is HELLA expensive.....

jonastio
February 19th, 2014, 03:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TOOfX.gif

crawdaddy34
February 19th, 2014, 03:30 PM
...a discussion on what you clean every time you return from shooting ...

1911's

...what you do every so many rounds or months or whatever ....

Glock's

You mean like that??? :outtahere:

Dale Gribble
February 19th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Ultrasonic can be cheap, $60 bucks at HF.

Dale Gribble
February 19th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Seriously, while I can understand that, your goin about it all wrong. If you have an suggestion, put it out there. You have been here long enough to know that the final direction will be what the group as a whole wants/needs it to be.

Playing negative nancy IS counter-productive. You can try to twist shit to suit your fantasy all day, that doesn't change the reality.

You are asking how many people are going to show up for an unplanned event at an unspecified time and location and I'm being negative by asking what KIND of format are you looking at?

Fruck no wonder this country is going down the shitter.

0utlaw
February 19th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Do I need to borrow the get along shirt here??????????:dunno:

Dale Gribble
February 19th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Alright, moving along. What stuffs would you like to see?

crawdaddy34
February 19th, 2014, 04:02 PM
You are asking how many people are going to show up for an unplanned event at an unspecified time and location and I'm being negative by asking what KIND of format are you looking at?

Fruck no wonder this country is going down the shitter.

LMAO! Ok dale.

crawdaddy34
February 19th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Alright, moving along. What stuffs would you like to see?

Honestly, I really like surfers plan. A low key informal forum/show and tell sounds like it could be very informative...

I really don't have an opinion of my own, it's one of those "I don't know what I don't know" kinda things. Besides, I don't have anywhere NEAR the collections most of ya'll do; so most of my time will probably be spent ogleing all the guys equipment.
You are all welcome for that btw... :wavey:

0utlaw
February 19th, 2014, 04:13 PM
I would like to volunteer to study the proper BAC for gun cleaning, or at least watching folks clean guns:gfuf:

crawdaddy34
February 19th, 2014, 04:14 PM
I could just tell you I was gonna be there and just wait til the last minute and then be "sick." :nutkick:

fruck....

HarleyBrent
February 19th, 2014, 06:18 PM
I keep buying Chemical trap adapters but dont know how to use them. :shrug: anybody have a suggestion?

seadog
February 20th, 2014, 02:36 PM
I'm in depending on where and when. I'll even bring a weapon thats a really bad copper-fouler. Nice thing about these events is learning .

Dale Gribble
February 20th, 2014, 05:43 PM
I keep buying Chemical trap adapters but dont know how to use them. :shrug: anybody have a suggestion?

You are joking right?

TargetShooting
February 21st, 2014, 07:59 PM
Oh well I just cleaned all my guns...was waiting to learn better technique

Dale Gribble
May 14th, 2014, 12:00 PM
The Incredible Craw.

Can we ramp this up again? I haven't shit in one of your threads for a while, kinda getting itchy.

(I am of course kidding).

AB
May 14th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Next C4 shoot I plan on learning how to clean faster from you guys! I'm bringing all my stuff and my student cap!

crawdaddy34
May 14th, 2014, 12:58 PM
The Incredible Craw.

Can we ramp this up again? I haven't shit in one of your threads for a while, kinda getting itchy.

(I am of course kidding).

I have been kinda slacking haven’t I?

I'll put my "event coordinator" hat back on soon, I promise...

crawdaddy34
May 14th, 2014, 12:59 PM
http://www.fantasyfestival.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/h/a/hat-bonnet-dickens-brown-felt-721773689215.png

Beat ya to it motherfuckers!!!!!

Tack Driver
May 14th, 2014, 01:04 PM
-rep for stealing my thunder.

That's BR's job, and you've got work to do.

crawdaddy34
May 14th, 2014, 01:06 PM
-rep for stealing my thunder.

That's BR's job, and you've got work to do.

Yousonofabitch!!!!!!

I laughed when I saw your post, then I scrolled down and saw you actually neg reped me. Motherfucker.

And BR was never officially given that title, so fuck you.

Downrange
May 14th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Rep'd for one word sentence and that you noticed Tack thumbs-downed you (I didn't notice).

FLT
May 14th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Yousonofabitch!!!!!!

I laughed when I saw your post, then I scrolled down and saw you actually neg reped me. Motherfucker.

And BR was never officially given that title, so fuck you.
Craw . What's up with your Obsession to fuck Tack. You are starting to worry me.:chinscratch::scared::hiding:

Johnny
May 14th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Damn is crawdog beginning to lean the wrong way??????????????????????????????????????

Jmoorewar
May 16th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Was that you rolling around with TS in his Benz?Top down,both smoking a cig and holding hands?Say it ain't so...

Tack Driver
May 17th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Was that you rolling around with TS in his Benz?Top down,both smoking a cig and holding hands?Say it ain't so...

At least you could see both of their heads.