PDA

View Full Version : I am seeing double crosshairs in a scope

TargetShooting
January 17th, 2014, 09:53 PM
I am slightly nearsighted. So I wear my eyeglass when I shoot.

sometime I see double vision of the crosshairs particularly the vertical center line.

how to mitigate that?

12bhunting
January 17th, 2014, 10:09 PM
How is it without the glasses?

rr53
January 17th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Get a scope with better verticle adjustment.

TargetShooting
January 17th, 2014, 11:12 PM
How is it without the glasses?

Can see the target well, but can't see the retical clear enough.

Rumbler
January 17th, 2014, 11:18 PM
Focus your eye on the reticle, not the target.

Really.

FLT
January 17th, 2014, 11:26 PM
TS that's what the rear adjustment is far . Point the scope at a clear blue sky and adjust it till the cross hairs are clear . For a near sighted person that's usually more toward the front of the scope .( less threads showing ) if you need help with it I go to talon a couple of afternoons a week.

TargetShooting
January 17th, 2014, 11:30 PM
TS that's what the rear adjustment is far . Point the scope at a clear blue sky and adjust it till the cross hairs are clear . For a near sighted person that's usually more toward the front of the scope .( less threads showing ) if you need help with it I go to talon a couple of afternoons a week.

I will remember the rear focus tomorrow ;) Damn it's amazing how much I know....

YankeeFingergasm
January 18th, 2014, 12:25 AM
Quick tip....unscrew it all the way out. Then screw it back in while looking through it, slowing as it become clearer. Stop when it's perfect.

TargetShooting
January 18th, 2014, 12:38 AM
Quick tip....unscrew it all the way out. Then screw it back in while looking through it, slowing as it become clearer. Stop when it's perfect.

My IQ has decreased to below 80. Will you be around Talon tomorrow afternoon? You bring tools I bring guns and ammo.

YankeeFingergasm
January 18th, 2014, 12:39 AM
My IQ has decreased to below 80. Will you be around Talon tomorrow afternoon? You bring tools I bring guns and ammo.

Nope, but I'll there on Sunday for a little C4 action.

TargetShooting
January 18th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Nope, but I'll there on Sunday for a little C4 action.

I will be there in the morning only. Can you help me put the sling on my AR? :)

Parsons project
January 18th, 2014, 06:32 AM
As one who also wears glasses, make sure when you are looking thru the scope that you are also looking thru your glasses...I know I have had instances where I get behind the rifle and my glasses have slid down a little and I am actually looking over the top or my glasses frame. For me, my vision is bad enough that it is immediately noticeable, but if your vision is not that bad, it may be overlooked.

NJC
January 18th, 2014, 09:57 AM
I often wonderd about that.. This may seem like a stupuid question but if you take your prescription glasses off and look through the scope, can you simply adjust the focus until it suits your vision or is theyre typically not that much travel in the focus....

Ive always had good eyes and take care of them, so I've never reallt thought about this.

FLT
January 18th, 2014, 11:08 AM
I often wonderd about that.. This may seem like a stupuid question but if you take your prescription glasses off and look through the scope, can you simply adjust the focus until it suits your vision or is theyre typically not that much travel in the focus....

Ive always had good eyes and take care of them, so I've never reallt thought about this. Unless your eyes are really bad there's enough adjustment to clear it up . For some reason most folks don't know about it though . I guess they don't read the instructions that come with the scope. About those good eyes father time skips no one stay tuned! :thinking::thinking::yup:

TargetShooting
January 18th, 2014, 02:06 PM
For most cases, it would seem that adjusting the parallax would help with that. Not completely sure though.

I am am shooting with it right now. No rear focus adjustment. I think either it's defective or my eyesight really sucks. But another same NF I bought is fine...

HILLBILLY
January 18th, 2014, 02:42 PM
stop smoking that shit before u go shooting:flamer:

TargetShooting
January 18th, 2014, 04:58 PM
stop smoking that shit before u go shooting:flamer:

U got some? :p

DaveW
January 18th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Go to this link and look at page 2, http://nightforceoptics.com/pdf/OwnersManual.pdf , the reticle focus is adjusted by backing off the lock ring and rotating the eyepiece then locking it down with the lock ring. That will get the correct for near and far sightedness but not astigmatism. For that we have to get our eyeballs replaced with a younger set.

Rsmith2077
January 18th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Did the adjustments I made help you any?

TargetShooting
January 18th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Did the adjustments I made help you any?

Yes thanks Ryan. Still got some double vision again later but at 4PM FLT showed up and with magic touch he made the rear focus adjustment working. I haven't 100% mitigated the problem yet. Will do it on Monday.

TargetShooting
January 18th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Go to this link and look at page 2, http://nightforceoptics.com/pdf/OwnersManual.pdf , the reticle focus is adjusted by backing off the lock ring and rotating the eyepiece then locking it down with the lock ring. That will get the correct for near and far sightedness but not astigmatism. For that we have to get our eyeballs replaced with a younger set.

I am more leaning toward that. Runs in my family...damn!

Johnny
January 29th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Quit drinking saki before you shoot

Tack Driver
January 29th, 2014, 04:08 PM
I see double when I squint.

Just sayin'. :D

thedishdoc
January 30th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Uncross your eyes:D

TargetShooting
January 30th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Had new eyeglasses - haha double vision gone.

Johnny
February 2nd, 2014, 04:35 PM
That is what happens when you drink to much rice wine double vision.Done that before!