PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming amateur radio class Feb 15&22

Parsons project
January 12th, 2014, 12:37 AM
For anyone interested in amateur/ ham radio licensing and communications, the Thomasville amateur radio club is doing their Technician (entry level) class Feb 15&22. It is all day both Saturdays 9-4, I believe. There are also general and extra classes for those who want to upgrade. The book is $15 (recommended but not required) and the test is $14. There is a test session after each class.

The class is held in the auditorium at Archbold hospital.

For more info, pm me.

Rsmith2077
January 12th, 2014, 01:01 AM
When is a general class? I'm already a tech, wanting to go a
step up.

Parsons project
January 12th, 2014, 02:36 AM
Same weekend.

YankeeFingergasm
January 12th, 2014, 07:38 PM
All info found here http://thomasvilleamateurradioclub.com/license-class-resources/

Parsons project
January 12th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Thanks Yankee. It is a 2 day class over 2 Saturdays. If amateur radio and electronics is fairly new to you, I'd suggest attending both Saturdays. If you are familiar with the theory and have studied ahead of time, you can attend the first Saturday tech class as a refresher, take the test at 4 pm the first Saturday.

Regardless, If you are interested, start right now with the online resources and looking wit the test answer pool. It will get you familiar with the way the test is laid out, how questions are worded, etc.

also, if for some reason you can only attend the first Saturday, or you do not pass the test the first time, that is fine. Just study on your own after that. The club has a test session every month.

Parsons project
January 23rd, 2014, 05:37 PM
Just a reminder bump to the top and a link for info. http://thomasvilleamateurradioclub.com/2014/01/22/february-classes/

Tack Driver
January 23rd, 2014, 06:17 PM
Anybody done any momma' jokes in here yet?

Parsons project
February 14th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Thanks for posting, arc. Yes, Mike was the one that arranged all of these classes and proctored the test sessions, as well as a hundred other tasks he did. He will certainly be missed. He was a dear friend and one of the main reasons I got into broadcast engineering.

When classes are rescheduled, I will be sure to post.

YankeeFingergasm
February 14th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Sorry for y'alls loss.

jonastio
February 14th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Never heard the guy on the air, but I've heard nothing but good things about him. It takes a special kind of person to bring together the kind of organization he did.

I believe TARS will have a class and test in March. Once I have a date and time, I'll post it.