PDA

View Full Version : The Pirate Hunter is coming back!

Downrange
December 26th, 2013, 10:42 AM
See link below for details.

http://www.therightshades.com/blog/2013/11/promotion-video-for-freedom93-3-talk-show

0utlaw
December 26th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Awesome! I liked Will when he was on with Preston but you could definitely feel the tension between the two of them. I'll definitely tune in for the show!

Parsons project
December 26th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Yeah, this has been in the works for some time. Unfortunately he had to wait for the non-compete agreement from his former station to expire. Can't wait to have him back on the air. Hopefully his show will be put on iTunes as a podcast so I can listen to him during my drive time, which is probably not when he will be on.

bumblebee
December 26th, 2013, 05:17 PM
I WILL look forward to his show. I hardly listen to preachy preston anymore...been tuning in to 93.3 for Darrel Day lately. Heard Willie Robinson on Laura Ingrahm today

BlueBronco
December 27th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Any idea what time slot?

Downrange
December 27th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Any idea what time slot?

Feb. 3 6-9am on 93.3 FM.

NJC
December 27th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Downrange,
I enjoyed Will on WFLA and thought he was excellent when he filled in for Preston.

However is he too busy selling Glocks that have special over seas magic to introduce himself on the forum and tell us about his new gig?
I think he would generate a lot of interesting discussion here.

bumblebee
December 27th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Feb. 3 6-9am on 93.3 FM.

OOOhh...head to head with Preston! Wait, isn't that Derrell Day's show? Is he joining or replacing Derrell?

BlueBronco
December 27th, 2013, 01:04 PM
OOOhh...head to head with Preston! Wait, isn't that Derrell Day's show? Is he joining or replacing Derrell?

Very good question. I like Derrel Day. It will also take out the slot of 6 to 7 by KrisAnne Hall.

bumblebee
December 27th, 2013, 05:15 PM
I like ChrisAnne Hall, too

Tack Driver
January 22nd, 2014, 08:43 PM
Shit. I like Will, but my morning drive has consisted of Ms. Hall and Mr. Day for a while now and I really like them both.

BlueBronco
January 23rd, 2014, 11:05 AM
Shit. I like Will, but My morning drive has consisted of Ms. Hall and Mr. Day for a while now and I really like them both.

They have fukked up the late afternoon driving time by putting that idiot Mike Savage on. I didn't particularly like listening to Hermann C. very long, but damn. They also bumped armed American Radio off of Sunday nights and replaced it with some preaching group. They moved H.C. to 9 am. I guess Derrel and KrisAnne is scaring the crap out of them.

Parsons project
January 23rd, 2014, 11:58 AM
yeah, i would be completely OK if they ditched Savage. Herman Cain sounds like Stanley Hudson from The Office. If I hear that guy say 'News Nugget' again, i think I will scream! Too bad Boortz retired. Maybe they will Give the 9 AM to Derrell Day the 9 AM and Kris Anne Hall the afternoon 3-6 slot. Oh, and the production quality of the 6PM local news Uggh! Nothing like the monotone sound of someone reading from a telepromptor or news stories they pulled from the other news station websites.

Tack Driver
January 23rd, 2014, 01:21 PM
I like "News Nugget!".

Parsons project
January 23rd, 2014, 01:24 PM
you ARE a news nugget. LOL

Tack Driver
January 23rd, 2014, 01:59 PM
you ARE a news nugget. LOL

It's good to have friends.

See, I wouldn't have to take this abuse from you guys if I could just somehow form an all powerful clique and unilaterally make up rules. Polebarn, you got any ideas on how I could make that happen?

Downrange
January 23rd, 2014, 02:52 PM
It's good to have friends.

See, I wouldn't have to take this abuse from you guys if I could just somehow form an all powerful clique and unilaterally make up rules. Polebarn, you got any ideas on how I could make that happen?

I thought Crawdaddy had already cornered the market on such a coup when he gained the title "event planner"?

crawdaddy34
January 23rd, 2014, 03:25 PM
I thought Crawdaddy had already cornered the market on such a coup when he gained the title "event planner"?

Naw cuz....

That ain't me.

Downrange
January 23rd, 2014, 04:14 PM
Naw cuz....

That ain't me.

I believe the lyric goes, "It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no." ~CCR

0utlaw
February 2nd, 2014, 08:33 PM
Tomorrow morning people, looking forward to reviewing/critiquing tomorrow night.

Bodo
February 3rd, 2014, 07:04 AM
Tomorrow morning people, looking forward to reviewing/critiquing tomorrow night.

I might be able ot listen for a few minutes on the way to work. Unfortunately I don't have control of the radio after that. The politics of being in the passenger seat all day...

BlueBronco
February 4th, 2014, 10:29 AM
He let that gun control lawyer off easy this morning.

Downrange
February 4th, 2014, 10:57 AM
He let that gun control lawyer off easy this morning.

True. Maybe he was told to ease into the offensive, or keep a low profile until the tracers stop?

Bodo
February 4th, 2014, 12:37 PM
The show really sounds like he's making a copy of Preston's Morning Show with Will Dance. Covers a few different topics but the format is very similar.

0utlaw
February 4th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Not necessarily a bad thing, I liked Preston's show a lot better when Will was on it. Will doesn't dance around sensitive subjects like Preston does. He has that "Fuck it full speed ahead" attitude....I can identify with that:flamer:

substratum
February 4th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Not necessarily a bad thing, I liked Preston's show a lot better when Will was on it. Will doesn't dance around sensitive subjects like Preston does. He has that "Fuck it full speed ahead" attitude....I can identify with that:flamer:

Preston's early professional career was mainstream radio (in AZ), but he moved into Christian ministry, culminating as a senior pastor in the pulpit/principal of a private Christian School. That has a way of tempering a person. My biggest beef with Preston's show is all of the blasted ads. I very often switch over to NPR in the morning when I've had enough of the ads or if what is being covered is not informative. On the drive time home, I always listen to "Marketplace" on NPR... one of the most informative and entertaining shows about money and finance to be found anywhere.

BlueBronco
February 4th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Preston's early professional career was mainstream radio (in AZ), but he moved into Christian ministry, culminating as a senior pastor in the pulpit/principal of a private Christian School. That has a way of tempering a person. My biggest beef with Preston's show is all of the blasted ads. I very often switch over to NPR in the morning when I've had enough of the ads or if what is being covered is not informative. On the drive time home, I always listen to "Marketplace" on NPR... one of the most informative and entertaining shows about money and finance to be found anywhere.

Derrel Day used to be the alternative.