PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to the Tally gunshow this weekend?

t332
December 12th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I will be at the gunshow selling ammo cans this weekend. Please swing by and say hey. Thanks, Tim

AB
December 12th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Perhaps. It's been a very busy 7 days and I may just spend time warming my sofa with my butt.

Tack Driver
December 12th, 2013, 08:19 AM
I didn't realize there was one. Yeah, I'll try to work it in the schedule.

Perhaps. It's been a very busy 7 days and I may just spend time warming my sofa with my butt.

Poor sofa.

FLT
December 12th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I like to go and look at the guys guns that take their collection out for a walk. It's kind of like a show and tell . If there are any deals to be had the other vendors scoop them up before the general public is allowed in.

BlueBronco
December 12th, 2013, 01:07 PM
I will be at the gunshow selling ammo cans this weekend. Please swing by and say hey. Thanks, Tim

I usually make it by.

Tack Driver
December 12th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I like to go and look at the guys guns that take their collection out for a walk. It's kind of like a show and tell . If there are any deals to be had the other vendors scoop them up before the general public is allowed in.

That's the way I see it. Well, and you get to see some forum members.

surfer5
December 12th, 2013, 01:28 PM

Hey Tim-

I don't know if I will make it out. Are you coming into town early to setup again? I would like to snag another 50cal can from you if you do. I added another caliber to my collection and need to store the ammo for it. :)

0utlaw
December 12th, 2013, 02:15 PM
OR Pakistani paper targets and zombie cutlery

t332
December 12th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Surfer5 I will be heading into town Friday afternoon. I will be down there around 1230pm but have to be on the road at 230pm. I could not get out of the afternoon shift. Give me a call or text at 229-563-5928 if you want to meet up. Thanks, Tim

Dale Gribble
December 12th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Someone hit me up if you find a sweet deal on some Confederate flags, I need some new curtains

I've got some used as TP. Want them?

Dale Gribble
December 12th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Let me say that it turns out I don't know anything.

You are right, I should keep my mouth shut.

Cool, give me the address and I will mail them out today. Or is that considered bio-terror? Never mind, its mostly got a bit of Santorum from your mom on it, so I'll leave it with her this afternoon and you can pick it up.

Dale Gribble
December 12th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Yea, I don't even look at the forum, I just do new posts. Sorry.

jonastio
December 12th, 2013, 06:38 PM
I hope you don't kiss your mothers (OR mine) with those mouths.

Dale Gribble
December 12th, 2013, 08:03 PM
I hope you don't kiss your mothers (OR mine) with those mouths.

Yea, I try to keep my lips away for anything I suspect has syphilis. However my mom drinks enough that I am sure its sanitary.

GTOguy06
December 12th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Ill be there. Im working Sat and Sun but I can hopefully make it there Sat afternoon.

polebarn
December 15th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Were any vendors doing good deals yesterday firearms wise? Who was most open to negotiation?

FLT
December 15th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Good deals for the general public are as rare a unicorn. I go on occasion just to look but unless you catch someone in the parking lot before they get in the building the vendors pickup any deals that might show up. Add that to the fact that they look over each others stuff before we are allowed in and a good deal is a rare thing indeed.

polebarn
December 15th, 2013, 11:31 AM
That was my first show here and I got that impression. The people watching was fun though.

bumblebee
December 15th, 2013, 07:41 PM
I was there, I bought 2 ammo cans at the special "forum" prices...and it was good to meet Tim

t332
December 15th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I enjoyed meeting forum members. I saw a lot of good deals at the show, and spent more than I should have. Thanks, Tim

bumblebee
December 15th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Good deals for the general public are as rare a unicorn. I go on occasion just to look but unless you catch someone in the parking lot before they get in the building the vendors pickup any deals that might show up. Add that to the fact that they look over each others stuff before we are allowed in and a good deal is a rare thing indeed.

They were selling 100 rd boxes of Mini Mags for 25 bucks!!! Even the Thunderbolt was overpriced

0utlaw
December 16th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Palidin had them for 19.11/100 and told me what a good deal I was getting, I guess they were right.

FLT
December 16th, 2013, 10:38 AM
I order a lot of ammo on line . Some times it takes 60 to 90 days to ship but it's worth the wait in my opinion. As far as gun prices go it's hard to beat the GunVaults $50 over cost deal most of the time that's cheaper than the gun show or on line. Like I said I go to look some times but I haven't bought anything from a vendor at the Tallahassee gun show in years . Hell even the Hated Kevins is cheaper than the gun show! I have pick up a few things from guys before they get in to the show over the years but that's the only deals I've ever found there. Some of us should get together and rent a table so we could get in early and scoop up some of the deals the vendors grab before the general public is allowed in. I bet that would piss them off to no end.:banana:

substratum
December 16th, 2013, 03:17 PM
I ordered a bucket of about 1400 (don't recall exactly) Remington .22 lr that I saw on slickguns.com a few months ago, at .05 to .06 per round... it's supposed to ship "before 12/31/2013". As promised, they haven't charged my credit card, yet, so I suppose when they do charge it I'll know it's on the way.

I've been able to find pretty much everything I need or want through on-line sellers, local dealers and other personal contacts over the past couple of years, so I'm not frequenting the shows like I used to. It cuts down on the instances of impulse buying for sure.

crawdaddy34
December 16th, 2013, 03:24 PM
...Some of us should get together and rent a table so we could get in early and scoop up some of the deals the vendors grab before the general public is allowed in. I bet that would piss them off to no end.:banana:

Especially when you closed up shop 5 minutes after they opened the doors! :D

YankeeFingergasm
December 16th, 2013, 09:10 PM
I order a lot of ammo on line . Some times it takes 60 to 90 days to ship but it's worth the wait in my opinion. As far as gun prices go it's hard to beat the GunVaults $50 over cost deal most of the time that's cheaper than the gun show or on line. Like I said I go to look some times but I haven't bought anything from a vendor at the Tallahassee gun show in years . Hell even the Hated Kevins is cheaper than the gun show! I have pick up a few things from guys before they get in to the show over the years but that's the only deals I've ever found there. Some of us should get together and rent a table so we could get in early and scoop up some of the deals the vendors grab before the general public is allowed in. I bet that would piss them off to no end.:banana:

Brilliant!!

Jmoorewar
December 16th, 2013, 10:28 PM
I went to look for a gun I was thinking about getting,didn't like it after I got to fondle it.i go to daydream and look at shit I can't afford now a day

Dale Gribble
December 17th, 2013, 09:26 AM
I bought some strippers.

I mean stripper clips.

BlueBronco
December 18th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I enjoyed meeting forum members. I saw a lot of good deals at the show, and spent more than I should have. Thanks, Tim

That new Russian SKS with nickel plated bayonet had me twitching a bit.

t332
December 18th, 2013, 03:23 PM
That was a real nice Russian SKS. Sorry but it sold. I saw an older gentleman proudly carrying it later in the show.

BlueBronco
January 21st, 2014, 06:00 PM
Wow! Time for another show at the NFFG this weekend.

polebarn
January 25th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Any reports yet on todays show?

Downrange
January 25th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Crowded my friend. Crowded. Although there were some deals on ammo, relatively speaking. A couple decent gun deals. Everyone trying to capitalize on the newer stuff. Glock 41 and 42s were over priced by 50-130 dollars. That's just my take though.

FLT
January 25th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Same old stuff . I went with a friend that wanted to go . We talked with several old friends and fellow gun enthusiast . And look at bunch of over priced guns and ammo that in many cases is the same guns and ammo I looked at for the last two or three years. Basically just the same bunch taking their gun collection out for a walk. And as always Tim was there selling cans and as usual I bought a couple from him. There was very little powder there and none that I was looking for. Other than picking up a few cans from Tim and buying a candy bar from a friends daughters fund raiser it was a waste of time and eight bucks.

Tack Driver
January 25th, 2014, 09:36 PM
It's up to $8? Damn.

t332
January 25th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Funny, $8 is cheap for a gunshow. Most of the shows I have been to lately are charging $10 for even the small shows.

substratum
January 25th, 2014, 10:06 PM
My son and I went small town gun shop hopping and found a box of 100 Speer 150 grain spitzer 8mm bullets for $10, a bunch of unusual cartridges for $1 each (like 9.3mm Mauser, a rimmed .46 cal round as long as my middle finger, .444 Marlin, .220 Swift, a .308 case necked down and loaded with a .22 bullet, etc) for my "collection", and a Chinese SKS with a bayonet for <$200. No crowds, either!

Tack Driver
January 25th, 2014, 10:08 PM
I'm not saying it's not worth it. I am commenting on it being up 40% in the last few years.

Downrange
January 25th, 2014, 10:20 PM
I'm not saying it's not worth it. I am commenting on it being up 40% in the last few years.

It's not.

Tack Driver
January 25th, 2014, 10:26 PM
It's not.

Is my math off?

Downrange
January 25th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Is my math off?
Nah, it's just not worth the admittance fee anymore.

Tack Driver
January 25th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Nah, it's just not worth the admittance fee anymore.

Oh.

Copy.

FLT
January 25th, 2014, 11:13 PM
Funny, $8 is cheap for a gunshow. Most of the shows I have been to lately are charging $10 for even the small shows.
Tim your cans are a good deal but if they charge $10 to get in that sorry ass gun show I'm going to have to bulk order my cans from you direct and pick them up in Thomasville . I go to several gun shows a year some as far away as Texas and the Tallahassee gun show is the worse by far. It's mostly the same old dealers from south Florida peddling the same over priced stuff year after year. They were asking $7.50 a box for 22 LR that Bass proshop had in stock for less than $3.00 a box today. I guess we are just not going to agree about the Tallahassee fair grounds gun show.

Dale Gribble
January 27th, 2014, 09:39 AM
When I went (Sunday 10:30 am) it was $7 to get in. I went with my 3 demon spawn in tow. I purchased some 7x62x54r primed S&B Brass from Georgia Arms for $15 per 50, and a rail sling mount for way too much ($20).

This show was smaller, about 20% fewer vendors. The downturn in gun sales (or the dieting after so many feasted till they puked) may be in effect.

FLT
January 27th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Was the candy bar good, at least?

Yes Sir it was!
The label said worlds finest chocolate .

Dale Gribble
January 27th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Yes Sir it was!
The label said worlds finest chocolate .

Goddamn those bars have gotten thin. Back in my day.. Oh fuck, never mind.

substratum
January 27th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Tim your cans are a good deal but if they charge $10 to get in that sorry ass gun show I'm going to have to bulk order my cans from you direct and pick them up in Thomasville . I go to several gun shows a year some as far away as Texas and the Tallahassee gun show is the worse by far. It's mostly the same old dealers from south Florida peddling the same over priced stuff year after year. They were asking $7.50 a box for 22 LR that Bass proshop had in stock for less than $3.00 a box today. I guess we are just not going to agree about the Tallahassee fair grounds gun show.

I've considered attending one of the out-of-town gun shows. Do you have a recommendation about which Florida, Georgia, or Alabama shows are worth attending?

substratum
January 27th, 2014, 05:06 PM
I used to hear that the shows in Jacksonville and Lakeland were good, but honestly haven't heard any reports on out-of-town gun shows in a long time.

ropeman
January 27th, 2014, 05:17 PM
I used to hear that the shows in Jacksonville and Lakeland were good, but honestly haven't heard any reports on out-of-town gun shows in a long time.
I have heard the same about both shows. I went to the Jacksonville show several years ago (1999) and spent 3 hours just trying to see all of it one time. I didn't have time to go back and take a second look at anything. I don't mind spending 7 or 8 bucks to look at guns, ammo and other random stuff. I don't buy much anymore, but I do like to window shop.

substratum
January 27th, 2014, 05:24 PM
I have heard the same about both shows. I went to the Jacksonville show several years ago (1999) and spent 3 hours just trying to see all of it one time. I didn't have time to go back and take a second look at anything. I don't mind spending 7 or 8 bucks to look at guns, ammo and other random stuff. I don't buy much anymore, but I do like to window shop.

I was thinking about it, and I've only bought guns at a show a few times, and they were all the Fair Grounds show in Tallahassee. Bought a pistol in '86 and a rifle and a pistol in '92 (right after Clinton got elected). So, it's been 23+ years since I bought a gun at a show. Sold or traded a few at shows in recent years, but that was at the short-lived Tallahassee Mall Show.

FLT
January 27th, 2014, 10:02 PM
I've considered attending one of the out-of-town gun shows. Do you have a recommendation about which Florida, Georgia, or Alabama shows are worth attending?

I like the Dothan AL shows . If you go don't forget the time change.

ferris
February 5th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Does anyone remember there being a vendor at the December gun show who was "going out of business," and was selling their items at an extreme discount? Turns out I purchased a counterfeit Magpul MS3 sling from them. There were in the first building 2nd to last row from the back (away from the door) and towards the opposite corner of the building as the entrance. I bought my items from a woman.

ferris
February 6th, 2014, 01:26 PM
If she was a colored lady, I might know who the culprit was...

No she was a white lady.

Downrange
February 6th, 2014, 02:11 PM
I can't believe no one got that..goat I was chasing around last night!

FIFY

jonastio
February 24th, 2014, 02:25 PM
I think it's denial, dude. We all want to forget about that fiasco.

0utlaw
February 24th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Me too...

Dale Gribble
February 24th, 2014, 06:23 PM
I wish he was still here. With TS not posting pictures of his boy friends its getting kinda boring.

HarleyBrent
February 27th, 2014, 09:46 PM
He will be back...in 3-5

crawdaddy34
February 27th, 2014, 09:47 PM
He will be back...in 3-5

Damn! I thought he reached a settlement with Magpul?!?!?

HarleyBrent
February 28th, 2014, 09:39 AM
I have no idea really, I was taking the easy shot.:satansmokin:

BlueBronco
February 28th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Damn! I thought he reached a settlement with Magpul?!?!?

I thought it was a Civil Court case.

Cattle/Horses
February 28th, 2014, 06:23 PM
I voted no...

I voted NO also!

crawdaddy34
February 28th, 2014, 07:49 PM
I thought it was a Civil Court case.

It was a joke bro.... damn.

BlueBronco
February 28th, 2014, 09:13 PM
It was a joke bro.... damn.

So was mine . . . "Civil Court" was in caps . . .

Meriam definition 2:

courteous and polite.
"we tried to be civil to him"