PDA

View Full Version : USPSA at Talon tomorrow!

Lonesurvivor23
December 6th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Roll call on who on the forum will be attending!....................

Rumbler
December 6th, 2013, 09:15 AM
I suspect that I will be around there somewhere. :cool:

GTOguy06
December 7th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Typically, I would be there. But I just couldn't do it today.

AB
December 7th, 2013, 01:13 PM
I had to miss it as well. I was supposed to work a 3 hour day yesterday and it turned into a 10+ hour day. Too much stuff I had planned to get done that didn't.

Jmoorewar
January 1st, 2014, 06:04 PM
How long do they normaly run time wise?i wanna go this Saturday the 4th but have my daughters bday at 1.

bumblebee
January 1st, 2014, 10:33 PM
Tomorrow is, like, a work day...Duh. Don't any of you guys have jobs?

Jmoorewar
January 1st, 2014, 10:46 PM
Yes tommrow is a work day,but Saturday is the weekend,and I don't get weekends off very often

Rumbler
January 1st, 2014, 10:52 PM
Tomorrow is, like, a work day...Duh. Don't any of you guys have jobs?

But but but my workday IS going to the range. :banana:

razzman1
January 1st, 2014, 11:07 PM
You probably wouldn't make it through the whole match by 1, although we would work as hard as we could to get you done in time.

How long do they normaly run time wise?i wanna go this Saturday the 4th but have my daughters bday at 1.

Jmoorewar
January 2nd, 2014, 12:11 AM
You probably wouldn't make it through the whole match by 1, although we would work as hard as we could to get you done in time.sweet,I messaged rumbler and got the same answer.got the permission from the wifey that I can be late to kids bday party.im due for some well needed man time.ill be there around 8 o'clock ready to shoot my first match and learn all I can.look forward to it VERY much

Jmoorewar
January 2nd, 2014, 12:13 AM
But but but my workday IS going to the range. :banana:rub it in.....

bumblebee
January 2nd, 2014, 09:58 AM
Raining, I don't get to go to work today...so I am headed out to zero my squirrel gun in. TRPC is having the first Silhouettes match of 2014 on Sunday. Got to make sure my .22 is ready to go

Jmoorewar
January 2nd, 2014, 02:53 PM
Does anyone have an extra m&p 9mm mag I could use Saturday?i have 3 but I'm not paying 39 more for another from academy.

Lonesurvivor23
January 2nd, 2014, 06:01 PM
Jmoorewar I look forward to seeing you there! it is a great time!

Jmoorewar
January 2nd, 2014, 06:07 PM
You to man.itll be the first time I've had the day off on the first Saturday.im so excited.

razzman1
January 2nd, 2014, 09:00 PM
Having more magazines would never hurt, but you'll easily be able to make it through the match with 3 magazines. You will have to shoot in Limited Division to take advantage of the full capacity of the magazines, but you could do it.

Does anyone have an extra m&p 9mm mag I could use Saturday?i have 3 but I'm not paying 39 more for another from academy.

Jmoorewar
January 2nd, 2014, 10:40 PM
Having more magazines would never hurt, but you'll easily be able to make it through the match with 3 magazines. You will have to shoot in Limited Division to take advantage of the full capacity of the magazines, but you could do it.oh ok.i was under the impression I could only load 10 rounds per mag

Jmoorewar
January 2nd, 2014, 10:57 PM
I'm kind of hoping there won't be a lot of people there.a lot of folks are still out of town for the holidays so we shall see

razzman1
January 3rd, 2014, 11:30 AM
In Production and Limited 10 Division, you are limited to 10 rounds in the magazine. But you are not limited by number of rounds in Limited Division, only magazine length (140mm). Your M&P 9mm would be best suited for Production Division, but if shooting in Limited Division means you can come out and shoot, than who cares!

oh ok.i was under the impression I could only load 10 rounds per mag

Jmoorewar
January 3rd, 2014, 12:13 PM
In Production and Limited 10 Division, you are limited to 10 rounds in the magazine. But you are not limited by number of rounds in Limited Division, only magazine length (140mm). Your M&P 9mm would be best suited for Production Division, but if shooting in Limited Division means you can come out and shoot, than who cares!yep.im comming for fun and to learn how it all works

Jmoorewar
January 3rd, 2014, 05:15 PM
Ok about to pack range bag.gun,3 mags(hope I can borrow one and run production but if not oh well)muffs,ammo,small cleaning kit,holster,mag pouch,20 bucks to get in and multi tool.anything else you guys can think of or suggest?

Rumbler
January 3rd, 2014, 06:46 PM
Shooting glasses, band aids, another $100 to spend in the pro shop ( :cool: ), hat, water, jacket or coat, warm gloves.

It is supposed to be in the low 30s tomorrow morning.

Jmoorewar
January 3rd, 2014, 06:52 PM
Shooting glasses, band aids, another $100 to spend in the pro shop ( :cool: ), hat, water, jacket or coat, warm gloves.

It is supposed to be in the low 30s tomorrow morning.wear Columbia glasses,screw band aids,no money,you will never see me without a hat,got my jackets ready and one pair of gloves.i like cold so prolly won't wear those

0utlaw
January 3rd, 2014, 06:52 PM
Big ass thermos of coffee couldn't hurt either

Jmoorewar
January 3rd, 2014, 06:59 PM
I'm a mtn dew man.not fond of hot drinks of any kind

0utlaw
January 3rd, 2014, 07:27 PM
NO...for me

Jmoorewar
January 3rd, 2014, 08:03 PM
U comming too?

0utlaw
January 3rd, 2014, 08:15 PM
Only if you bring coffee;)

No I wasn't planning on it, got a barn to build

Jmoorewar
January 3rd, 2014, 08:54 PM
Weak.i prolly shouldn't be going but it's the first time I've been off for one so screw it.

Rumbler
January 3rd, 2014, 10:40 PM
. . . . got a barn to build

It will still need building when you get back. You should go to the match. :p

Jmoorewar
January 3rd, 2014, 11:03 PM
It will still need building when you get back. You should go to the match. :pthat and you can pay me to help Sunday

JMW4570
January 4th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Good match today...

Jmoorewar
January 4th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Yea was damn fun.feel like I did ok for first time.one no shoot,one fte and I blew one stage bad and forgot the damn steel.rest were hits.did better than I expected.now I know what to expect for the next time I get to go and have more ideas for practicing at home