PDA

View Full Version : For All Dillon 650 Owners

AB
November 28th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Who also like ice cream.

I'm working on a Thanksgiving reloading marathon before heading out to eat (and then hopefully get to the range this afternoon) and I got to a point I had to clean my 650.

That is when I discovered a Talenti gelato container will fit a 650 tool head perfectly, and have space in the container to store all the indexing pins, shell plate, ect. Just thought I'd pass this along because not only does Talenti make the best double dark chocolate gelato I've ever had (and I am quite the expert at frozen desserts), but a 650 tool head is currently running $27+shipping.

Thought I'd pass it along!

Rumbler
November 28th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Fascinating !!

Thanks !!!

. . . what is "gelato" ?

Sounds kinda like jello ice cream . . . but not. I like ice cream. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/176.gif

GTOguy06
November 28th, 2013, 11:28 AM
If I may, I believe Gelato is funny ice cream. Its what the Italians eat instead of ice cream. I think it has less fat than ice cream.

mogar
November 28th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Sounds like a fancy Italian automatic knife, except instead of a blade, a spoon pops out. I might need one of them.

AB
November 28th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Not enough less to make a note of! It's thicker and a lot smoother than ice cream. No "icy" textures. Focus on the 650!! This is for reloading knowledge! :)

Rumbler
November 28th, 2013, 12:22 PM
AB 650XLs taste nothing like ice cream. Try and stay on topic, will ya! http://www.pic4ever.com/images/25r30wi.gif

0utlaw
November 28th, 2013, 06:55 PM
I could use a reload on some ice cream

FLT
November 28th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Step away from the ice cream! ;) :D

mogar
November 28th, 2013, 09:42 PM
What kind of container would be the American equivalent of a gelato container? You know, use basics like a 'Red Man' tin, or '16 oz. sour cream', or a 'Cool Whip' container.

AB
November 28th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Available at Publix. Yes, they are expensive, but you are saving $27 on a tool head stand!

mogar
November 29th, 2013, 02:20 AM
If you pick up some 'gelato' to get the container, it might to prudent to at least offer some to your wife or significant other. Because if they start seeing the empty containers around your shop, they might think you have a girlfriend on the side. Like in 'bimbo' (another Italian treat). They might picture 'Jersey Girl', and decide to load one of your guns for when you get home.