PDA

View Full Version : Grand Opening of Ward1Guns - today

substratum
October 19th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Today is the Grand Opening of Ward1Guns in the historic Jackson's Drug Store building just north of the Courthouse in Monticello! Keith Ward, the owner, is a longtime friend of mine. He's got 300+ guns for sale, many consignment and estate liquidation pieces, but a lot of new stuff, too, and a wide assortment of mags and accessories. Not sure he's got it all sorted out yet, but when I was over there last week, he had trunks full of once-fired brass for sale. In addition to the FFL, he's a gunsmith and licensed manufacturer.

I'm headed over there this afternoon, and will suggest he join CCGF as a vendor. Right around the corner, on the same block, is the Monticello Pizza Kitchen, where they have darn good food, and an AYCE salad bar at very reasonable prices.

http://ward1guns.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ward-1-Guns-LLC/160785857385737

0utlaw
October 19th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Great news, always glad to see someone brave the waters and open a business, especially a gun related one. Monticello is a pretty good clip for me but I'll keep him in mind if I'm out that way and hope he joins as a vendor.

substratum
October 19th, 2013, 11:35 AM
I forgot to mention that he has a wide assortment of amazing knives, too. He has some handmade Damascus Steel blades that are gorgeous. I think many of the knives are an estate liquidation, too.

Airgator0470
October 19th, 2013, 01:51 PM
That's Good News... maybe I can get him to help announce some of my training classes (non CC that is, don't want to step on toes)... I'm 9 miles away from there in Aucilla. Are there now two shops in Monticello?

polebarn
October 19th, 2013, 02:09 PM
That's Good News... maybe I can get him to help announce some of my training classes (non CC that is, don't want to step on toes)... I'm 9 miles away from there in Aucilla. Are there now two shops in Monticello?

Yeah,kitty corner right across the street from each other.

Airgator0470
October 19th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Yeah,kitty corner right across the street from each other.

Wow... two stores to choose from. I sure hope folks will support them when they can. Usually we go to Madison if there is something we need... this will be much closer.

substratum
October 19th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Here's what I got... a used stainless 10/22 with a laminate stock. Now every member of the household has their own. I gave my wife my plain one because she likes it better, and this one is mine!

Airgator - ask Keith about it. He does some training at his farm out the Ashville Highway, but not necessarily the same level of training that you are doing at your place. If there's a conflict with what he does, he won't have any issue telling you that. He's a heck of a nice guy.

He had a super nice Remington 700 sniper rifle in .308 with a really nice piece of glass on it, and a sporty/lightweight Ruger 77 carbine in .308 with a scout scope on it... mighty tempting! Bunch of nice AKs and ARs, rifles, double shotguns, semis, pumps, etc. Case full of handguns... lots of revolvers.

noleveyor
October 19th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Is he related to David and Dr. Ward?

DesertRat
October 19th, 2013, 08:49 PM
I'll have to visit next time I make it to Monticello. Did anyone notice if he had a used Glock 19 in stock?

substratum
October 19th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Is he related to David and Dr. Ward?

No, not related. They are from Pinellas County, and have lived in Jefferson County for about 20 years. I actually knew his wife before they moved up here through conservative political circles. We ended up being neighbors in Jefferson (I lived there from '91-'98)... one of those small world things.

wheelman
October 22nd, 2013, 12:16 AM
GTO guy and I stopped by and checked it out on opening day. Nice size store with a pretty impressive assortment of guns, ammo, and accessories for being in Monticello.

We stopped at the coffee shop for lunch while taking the ladies on the farm tour and went by after lunch.

I recognized the owner from the gun shows - the shows that used to go to the mall.

Nice selection of wheel guns so 5 stars in my book!

Airgator0470
November 11th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Stopped in and said hello... really nice to walk into a place and feel welcome.

HarleyBrent
November 15th, 2013, 06:22 PM
I met Kieth at one of the gun shows a few years ago, helped me out w/ an old Colt Vest Pocket i bought somewhere else. he is good and a good guy.
lost his number, its good know where he is

BlueBronco
December 12th, 2013, 12:36 AM
I tried to stop in on Black Friday, but he was closed.

bumblebee
December 12th, 2013, 08:14 AM
I tried to stop in on Black Friday, but he was closed.

Closed, like out of business closed...or closed like closed for the holiday weekend closed?

AB
December 12th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Closed for good, or just on that day?

AB
December 12th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Simultaneous post...

substratum
December 12th, 2013, 09:26 AM
He's definitely NOT out of business. He's still in the startup phase. He's got an ambitious business plan. Keep in mind he's also a licensed manufacturer.

BlueBronco
December 12th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Closed for good, or just on that day?

Just that Friday.