PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on shotgun stocks

Wizard
June 9th, 2012, 12:18 PM
With much chagrin haven't tactical shotgun class but plan to do so from Talon as soon as possible.
So with that, what stock do you/ would you recommend.

I have had the Knoxx recoil in the past and liked it but I sold my 870 last year and picked up a new one with the traditional stock.
I have long arms and it still doesn't feel right to me. I thought about getting a 12" LOP stock but wondered if I should get the Knoxx again.
Then I saw this from Magpul http://cdn.magpul.com/images/uploads/166_908_popup.jpg
Not sure what to think of it, ugly as hell but if it works 'better' then great!

So what are your thoughts on the subjects?

Thanks. :)

Wizard
June 9th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I would never consider a PGO. I like a fixed stock and the MAGPUL stock is somewhat modular and the stock looks like its got a hybrid pistol grip. I just wish I could put one to my shoulder before I buy one.

talon2
June 9th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I have never even seen one of these much less handled/shot one so I really don't have an opinion. It looks functional and comfortable. I really like the Speedfeed IV tactical youth length. Any of the tactical style (pistol grip with full length) stocks give you the ability to pull the gun back into the close quarter tuck position and still control the weapon. I like the youth length because it works better when you are wearing body armor or heavy clothing. Pistol grip shotguns without a shoulder stock are in my opinion absolutely worthless beyond about 5 yards. I tried one of the Knoxx comp stocks, it was the standard configuration not the tactical pistol grip combo style. The first time I shot it without thinking about my hand position it busted my nose, the stock worked like it was supposed to but like the warning label says you have to mind how your strong hand grips the stock or you end up punching yourself in the nose. Under stress this is not a good thing. The idea of a recoil absorbing stock is great but it causes some problems, if you are using a button activated light mounted on the fore end it can hurt your thumb.